collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa players in drunken bust up  (Read 113510 times)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Villa players in drunken bust up
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »
While we're on the subject, Duverne also said that Anelka's barney with Domenech was nothing really: "du pipi de chat" "cat's wee" is the French expression he used. He said it was "bleedin' worse in 2006 and we got to the final [with the same physical prep trainer, one may note] and it was nothing compared to some of da shit I saw in the dressing room at Lyon"

(OK, I'm loosely translating here, but that is what he said in essence).

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #481 on: March 21, 2011, 09:54:41 AM »
Can anybody confirm what I'm hearing that Collins passed his fitness test for Wales, the day after our game where he was deemed unfit to play ??

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #482 on: March 21, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »
Can anybody confirm what I'm hearing that Collins passed his fitness test for Wales, the day after our game where he was deemed unfit to play ??
On the Beeb this morning they said he has delayed joining up with the Wales squad due to a calf injury

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #483 on: March 21, 2011, 10:14:45 AM »
On the Beeb this morning they said he has delayed joining up with the Wales squad due to a calf injury
Thanks CJ

Offline sfx412

« Reply #484 on: March 21, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »
I still wonder just how many times last seasons defence has played together this

The defence in the last 2 games has been a mish mash of make do's be it due to injury, upset players or suspensions.
That said we still have one of the best on paper set of forwards outside of the top 5 so why have we not scored enough goals, especially as we have not conceded masses of goals in a game, just important goals at the wrong time.
Wolves took full advantage of a crazy defence pick, yet they rarely troubled the goal otherwise, not that the might of Young, Bent, Albrighton, Downing, did much to help the situation out.

Why?
Because they expected problems, had no confidence and played like it.
That is down to the manager not doing his job, no doubt hindered by the pre match problems midweek and earlier.
The club needs shaking up, before its beyond repair, but who is there in the club to do it. Mon couldn't when things went iffy, and we rarely won a game past Xmas, Houllier looks no different.

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #485 on: March 21, 2011, 11:42:16 AM »
I think if we had a fit Dunne, Collins and Cuellar in the team for the rest of the season we would stay up easy enough.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal