collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Ferguson ignores media (and will doubtless get away with it)  (Read 10510 times)

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
Re: 0% Villa - Ferguson ignores media (and will doubtless get away with it)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2011, 12:07:42 AM »
SAF does what he thinks is best for his club. You can not fault that. I wish we had a bloke who did the same.

It's best for the club that he refuses to speak to the BBC because of a program several years ago that showed his son in a bad light?
OK he might put his family before the club, it dosent seem to have done the club much harm though in terms of sucess

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2011, 04:58:00 AM »
Re the reporter who was literally banned from Mancland, I believe it was Neil Custis. I heard a story, which I fervently hope to be true, that Custis was banned from all their official press conferences for some slight against Fergie or his team. 

His brother (Shaun?) was also a journalist for another daily rag and asked a question of the knight of the realm before some big game or another. Fergie thought he recognised him and went apeshit, pointing out that Custis had been banned from all of their media love-ins. Shaun Custis pointed out that it was in fact his brother Neil who was banned, to which Fergie replied “Well you can fuck off, you’re banned too. There are too many fucking Custises in this world.”

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2011, 06:50:50 AM »
I wish he had been Villa manager for 20 years. He is brilliant, always finds a way to win and has presided over the most consistent period of success in English football pretty much. As such, it gives him the right to do pretty much what the feck he likes with the media, I know I would not speak to em after the Chelsea game where the ref totally screwed United. Yes they get plenty of decisions, but they have had some shockers this season too. I don't like them, but you can't just hate them for being good and winning all the time.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 07:23:12 AM »
Everyone says football managers are judged by results. If I were a football manager I would stick to that and tell the media to do one.

There is the odd decent one but most are stupid or dishonest or malicious or just terribly vain.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 10:37:58 AM »
to which Fergie replied “Well you can fuck off, you’re banned too. There are too many fucking Custises in this world.”

I bet every reporter within a hundred yards was swimming in Fergie spit that day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal