collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Redknapp ''I'm not a paedophile''  (Read 15014 times)

Offline Holtenderinthesky

Re: 0% Villa - Redknapp ''I'm not a paedophile''
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 09:46:46 PM »
  Houllier inherited a young Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher at Liverpool.

And what did Redknapp inherit at Spurs?

An average squad that had never been in the Champions League and were 2nd bottom.  He took them to the CL in 1 and a half seasons and added some real quality along the way.  If Redknapp left Spurs tomorrow he would leave them a far better team than when he arrived.

It was a squad that would have played Champions League football the season before he turned up, had it not been for the first team squad getting food poisoning the night before the last game.

Once Levi had bladed Jol after an iffy start to the next season, and bought in that clown Ramos, our 'Arry systematically plundered Spurs with money Pompey hadn't got, before leaving when the shit hit the fan and then buying them all back at the fraction of the cost.

If it wasn't for Harry's unblemished character, you'd almost think he'd had the nod from Levi 12 months before and conducted this elaborate stunt to line his and Spurs pockets.

Would you say that Spurs are better now than they were when he arrived?  I definitely would.  It's early days for Houllier but I'm not so sure we'll be saying that about him when he goes.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:06:35 PM by Holtenderinthesky »

Offline eastie

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
On the subject of other managers any opinions on fergie and his coaching staff refusing to speak to any Press or even rights holding media including mutv- clearly breaking the agreement with tv broadcasters .

I'd love to see the tv companies withhold tv payments to man utd , but as always I expect everyone is scared to stand up to him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 09:55:50 PM »
Redknapp took a side that was in the bottom two and got them to the Champions League, where they're doing very well.  Houllier has taken a side that finished 6th to a relegation battle, destroying the defence along the way.  One's a very good manager indeed, the other isn't.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 02:30:34 AM »
Surely the fact the case is going to court means the police believe they have sufficient evidence to gain a conviction

Redknapp may be innocent, but I don't buy this whole "disbelief" attitude he has about it.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 02:35:31 AM »
If Redknapp left Spurs tomorrow he would leave them a far better team than when he arrived.  The same can not be said for Houllier's time at Liverpool. 

No? Didn't Liverpool win the Champions League the season after Houllier left? Spawny maybe but Benitez's team was full of Houllier's players.

Offline *shellac*

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
Redknapp took a side that was in the bottom two and got them to the Champions League, where they're doing very well.  Houllier has taken a side that finished 6th to a relegation battle, destroying the defence along the way.  One's a very good manager indeed, the other isn't.
I've waited almost two pages for someone to point this out.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 07:37:17 AM »
I think we need the opinions of some Bournemouth, Southampton and Port.smouth fans on here to temper his love in of a truly obnoxious man.

I have a golden rule.   Any man who says lay off me you are upsetting my wife is a wrong'un.   Never let me down yet.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 07:42:49 AM »

So on the evidence of the last 12-18 months of their long careers, you come to this conclusion.

Why not bring it down to this weekend? Spurs drew at Wolves, where Houllier has won this season, and we lost 3-2 at Bolton, where they lost 4-2 a couple of months back, ergo Houllier must be better, full stop, no arguments, no comebacks, ner-ne-ner-ne-ner-ner.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 08:13:21 AM »
Whilst he attracts an extraordinary amount of pisstaking , Redknapp is a better Manager than our current one, his teams play excellent football - and players love to play for him.

With player power at an all time high, the latter is becoming all important.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 01:00:32 PM »
If Redknapp left Spurs tomorrow he would leave them a far better team than when he arrived.  The same can not be said for Houllier's time at Liverpool. 

No? Didn't Liverpool win the Champions League the season after Houllier left? Spawny maybe but Benitez's team was full of Houllier's players.

That team had gone from winning several trophies in the same year to winning just 1 league cup in the next 4 years until Benitez came and they won the CL.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »
Redknapp's an undeniably good manager but he did inherit a far better team than GH has, so the comparisons are utterly worthless.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »
I just don't trust or like the man...

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2011, 01:12:11 PM »
Redknapp's an undeniably good manager but he did inherit a far better team than GH has, so the comparisons are utterly worthless.

Did he really?  I wouldn't have said so at all.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2011, 01:15:47 PM »

I would definitely have said so. Sure, some dross and a couple of big signings which needed to be made, but a better side and (this cannot be overstated) a side whose stars were still relatively young (Modric, Bale, even Gomes etc).

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2011, 01:22:33 PM »

A better first team, perhaps, a better squad definitely. Without wanting to go down a well trodden route they have been spending at a high level on their squad for 4 or 5 years longer than us. He's also not been told to trim the wage bill.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal