collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeS
[Today at 10:18:37 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 10:17:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Tayls_7
[Today at 10:17:21 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 10:13:27 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 10:10:44 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 10:07:38 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:04:14 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 10:03:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 119770 times)

Offline lordmcgrath5

• GM : June, 2013
Re: Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #495 on: March 06, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »
Would also like to mention, great positive support yesterday, not one anti Houllier song, we did leave when the 3 rd went in though, not sure if it got ugly after that ?
Well you missed the "you're getting sacked in the morning" routine then from some of our so called "supporters".

I think it's a bit disrespectful to put the quote marks around supporters. Despite a shit filled, write off of a season, fans are still travelling in large numbers, spending a not too small amount of cash.

Indeed. Don't think there were that many chanting it - I certainly didn't hear it myself.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #496 on: March 06, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
Well the lads have 2 weeks off now, having thrown the towel in to the FA Cup and very unprofessionally tossing away the lead to get fuck all yesterday
No doubt they'll be fucking off to Dubai to recharge those batteries and for a well earned jolly

Offline Brian Taylor

« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2011, 12:19:00 AM »
What happend this thread?..It was just begining to get interesting?
A fw too many near the bone comments perhaps?

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:06 AM »
Collins will be back for the next game and Possibly Cuellar. With them two Baker and Walker, think we will be solid. Think Delph and Makoun are gonna make a great pairing ......

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #499 on: March 07, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »
34 pages and still going!

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2011, 08:01:43 AM »
Ciaran Clark will be top top class, no doubt.
agree, another Gary Cahill in the making

I disagree - I think Clark is our next Gareth Barry (in ability not being a fat arsed judas bastard). He'll be able to play comfortably at the back as well in midfield (once he has more experience there).

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #501 on: March 09, 2011, 05:35:17 PM »
Back from the Reebok and even though we lost, agreed with Owen Coyle's interview, thoroughly enjoyed the game.  Can't honestly believe some of the over reaction on here as I truly thought we were outstanding going forward.  Bent missed two sitters, hit the post, Downing a sitter, Ashley Youngs pen?, on another day we would have scored 6.

I agree with Ads earlier quote, ridiculous league this year and if MON hadn't have left us in the shit 5 days before the kick off, we would have been comfortably top 6.

I also agree with other quotes about next season.  We have the base of an excellent team here with a few tweeks here and there in the summer.   I can't believe the amount of stick Ashley Young gets, especially today, because apart from the penalty miss he was outstanding. His partnership with Bent is really beginning to click.  I hope we can, but fear we won't, keep him next season.  Maybe he likes being a big fish in a small pond?.

I honestly believe the defensive weakness we have seen this season stems mainly from the goalkeeper.  Been a great servant to the game, but he probably has to move on now.  I don't think that having three centre backs missing helps either.

I will never understand or forgive Houllier for Wednesday, but I do like a lot of things he has done at the club since he has been here and certainly our play is much more pleasing on the eye than previously.   I wouldn't be that upset if he went, but I believe the board see him for the long term and he will be here next season.

Chin up all, the future could well be bright !!

UTV !!

I agree with this post , but I would like to see Ashley Young taking alot less freekicks and corners, he is so frustrating. If he scores that penalty the game is won , continuing the recent good form ( form guide 4th before the game ).  I thought NRC and Albrighton were very good and like the look of Delph , his build up for the second goal was great.  Still can't believe the Downing miss , I thought that was the worse.     . 

Agree with both, only to add that I thought Downing had an excellent game, apart from the missed sitter and I've not been his biggest fan. I can only put the screaming drama queen reaction on here to the last 15 minutes but for most of the game, I thought we were generally on top and on another day could have scored 4 or 5. The only thing we're really lacking is confidence.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #502 on: March 10, 2011, 10:37:11 AM »
Would also like to mention, great positive support yesterday, not one anti Houllier song, we did leave when the 3 rd went in though, not sure if it got ugly after that ?
Well you missed the "you're getting sacked in the morning" routine then from some of our so called "supporters".

I think it's a bit disrespectful to put the quote marks around supporters. Despite a shit filled, write off of a season, fans are still travelling in large numbers, spending a not too small amount of cash.

Indeed. Don't think there were that many chanting it - I certainly didn't hear it myself.

Me either.  There wasn't one song either for or against Houllier that I heard.  At the end, he just legged it down the tunnel without even a glance at the fans.  I don't think there's an awful lot of mutual respect there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal