collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 119745 times)

Offline mr-villa

Re: Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »
We got what we deserved

That is just plain stupid, did you see the game because I did.  We absolutely murdered that Bolton team on possession and chances created.  A missed penalty at the crucial time in the game was the turning point.  We did not "get what we deserved" because an easy victory is what we deserved based on the clear chances we created in both halves.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 05:00:46 PM »
Thank you Monsieur Houllier, fat lot of good it did us playing all the reserves at Man City.

After that I suggest we all go out and get pissed as farts, but no French wine or Cointreau.

We should set fire to sheep and throw them on his  front lawn in protest.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »
As pissed off as we all are, anyone watching that can clearly see there is no way we're going down. Bolton are one of the better teams in the league and we were better than them. How about we talk about our good play instead? I'm still looking up the league rather than down. There's no way we should've lost that, but, unfortunately, we did, it happens.

Lots of us have spoken about our good play, and for much of the season, but the plain facts are, on a great number of occasions this season, we have thrown it away, and it you carry on doing that for any length of time, you are going to find yourself perilously close to the relegation places, and that's where we are currently.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
Not being funny but we were odds on to lose i mean 12/5 maybe the games bigger than we think who knows?

Offline bob

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
And so it begins.

Let's pray Wednesday's debacle doesn't have the effect that Moscow had on our results.

We are very fucking far from safe.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
As much as i am still fuming from Wednesday, i dont put the blame for this with the manager. We outclassed them but we had a scratch back 4 and a timid goalkeeper and missed chance after chance.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 05:01:49 PM »
We would of won this if Cuellar and Dunne/Collins were in defence.

How can you say that? - all three have been involved in conceded goals from corners and late goals conceded. It's more about poor training / coaching and Friedel's lack of presence in the 6-yard box.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
Bolton fuckin Wanderers.  They will know they got lucky today.  Gutted.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »
We got what we deserved

I disagree.

I can only think of 3 chances that Notlob had, and they scored them. We had 7/8, including a poorly taken penalty and we failed to put them away.

Overall though we were the better team of the two, and on another day we'd have won.

let me know the "another day" cause im sick of saying the same thing myself that elusive another doesnt seem to happen for us

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:32 PM »
We got what we deserved

I disagree.

I can only think of 3 chances that Notlob had, and they scored them. We had 7/8, including a poorly taken penalty and we failed to put them away.

Overall though we were the better team of the two, and on another day we'd have won.

I don't mean on the basis of the play but on our attitude in midweek.

Online atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »
We really should have won, played some excellent football at times. Beaten by the season long inability to defend corners and react quick enough to the ball in tthe penalty box. If we cut out the defensive errors we will be safe in mid table come the end of the season. We really need to beat Wolves.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
How can people not blame Houllier? He is the manager, he gives the team instructions. First goal, on the stroke of half time, Cahill scores when he loses Baker.
So, at half time does he re- think this strategy? No, Cahill goes out and does the same again in the second half.
To do it once is fair enough, to do it twice is fucking criminal

Houllier and experienced coach? - You could pick a Sunday league manager to spot that one.

Bent missed how many chances, Young missed his pen with most stupid pre penalty routine ever.

Fuck off Villa and Fuck off Houllier.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 05:02:48 PM »
People blaming Houllier for the result today are fecking clueless or just too wrapped in their emotion to know better. We had the chances, when leading, to put the game firmly to bed. We didn't which then invites pressure on a very young and shaky defence, which to top it culminates in us missing a penalty. Stomping feet at the manager is simply futile, and the players need to take a bit of flak, Friedel as the experienced man does nothing to inspire in goal, while Young insisted on taking the pen when Bent and Reo Coker tried to dissuade him.

Might take a week or so away from the site, as the hysterics will start now about GH and be so boring.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 05:03:10 PM »
We got what we deserved

That is just plain stupid, did you see the game because I did.  We absolutely murdered that Bolton team on possession and chances created.  A missed penalty at the crucial time in the game was the turning point.  We did not "get what we deserved" because an easy victory is what we deserved based on the clear chances we created in both halves.

jesus wept

this is what is wrong with us

this shite

we had loads of chances

BOLTON 3 VILLA 2

stick your fucken chances up your fucken hole

Offline villa1

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 05:03:18 PM »
We got what we deserved

I disagree.

So therefore got what we deserved. Only ourselves to blame.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal