collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by aj2k77
[Today at 02:00:12 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Pete3206
[Today at 01:38:56 AM]

Re: Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:30:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Still no apology from the club!  (Read 34612 times)

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Still no apology from the club!
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 07:17:06 PM »
I know Wednesday didn't go to plan, but fuck me what a bunch of drama queens we have on here.
I was planning on seeing our strongest team have a go at Citeh. I wouldn't call for an apology but Houllier was taking the piss out of the FA cup tie we, as supporters, were  hoping to win

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 07:19:51 PM »
what a complete load of nonsense. I'm guessing that some people will be asking for the club to send out emails, letters, surveys etc to all and sundry ahead of games so that people can provide their best line up and formation. I know Wednesday didn't go to plan, but fuck me what a bunch of drama queens we have on here.

Are you REALLY a Villa fan ??

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 07:22:08 PM »
I know Wednesday didn't go to plan, but fuck me what a bunch of drama queens we have on here.
I was planning on seeing our strongest team have a go at Citeh. I wouldn't call for an apology but Houllier was taking the piss out of the FA cup tie we, as supporters, were  hoping to win
I agree the same team that battered Blackburn in the 2nd half to build on the confidence and have a go at a City team that didnt have Tevez in. He then made things worse by bringing on some of the players he was resting !!! 

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 07:22:49 PM »
An apology is a little steep, hopefully they give the fans their reward tomorrow!

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
what a complete load of nonsense. I'm guessing that some people will be asking for the club to send out emails, letters, surveys etc to all and sundry ahead of games so that people can provide their best line up and formation. I know Wednesday didn't go to plan, but fuck me what a bunch of drama queens we have on here.

I'm sure he is. Are you?

Offline mozza

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2011, 07:40:02 PM »

.............. every year for the past 54 I have been following the club home and away
in the hope that one day I can enjoy the feeling experienced by my father and his father in winning
the world renown Football Association Cup.

I've come within touching distance a few times but suffered heartache against Wolves, Liverpool
and Chelsea (twice) but still I believe every year will be 'our year'

I've been priviledged to meet several members of the '57 winning team all have agreed lifting that
trophy is 'special'

There have been times when we have lost to the better team, not turned up on the day, but
last Wednesday was the first time I can recall throwing in the towel before a ball is kicked-
I hope that will be the last time (although Mr Houllier has stated he would do the same in
similar circumstances)

Call me a Drama Queen if you like but the reaction by Villa supporters since the Eastlands
surrender would suggest there are a considerable number of us?

Offline littlevillain

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »
Exactly how many fans did we have at man city as I've just read an article saying"Villa's 900 travelling fans were unhappy". I thought we sold at least 3 grand?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »
Exactly how many fans did we have at man city as I've just read an article sayingnullVilla's 900 travelling fans were unhappynull. I thought we sold at least 3 grand?

We'd sold 2k in advance and a few paid on the night.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 07:48:45 PM »

I'm sure he is. Are you?

Nope, I just pretend !

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 07:51:06 PM »
In defence of the club, they didn't ask us to thank them when they shelled out £20m for bent the other week

Weds still pisses me off mind simply because it was a poor, cowardly decision by GH
I don't understand your use nof the word "cowardly". I think GH was brave to set up the way he did - he risked putting back the development of players like Bradley and Herd; he risked placing enormous pressure on those he left out to make an extraordinary contribution at Bolton (not an easy place to go now that Coyle has them playing real football); he put himself in direct conflict with the fans.
Let's be clear, GH knew he was hanging himself out to dry but still did it. For that he deserves at least some respect.

I'm still pissed off that he conceded a game that was winnable and had some real upside benefits (a game against Reading and possible semi-final / final at Wembley).

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »

.............. every year for the past 54 I have been following the club home and away
in the hope that one day I can enjoy the feeling experienced by my father and his father in winning
the world renown Football Association Cup.

I've come within touching distance a few times but suffered heartache against Wolves, Liverpool
and Chelsea (twice) but still I believe every year will be 'our year'

I've been priviledged to meet several members of the '57 winning team all have agreed lifting that
trophy is 'special'

There have been times when we have lost to the better team, not turned up on the day, but
last Wednesday was the first time I can recall throwing in the towel before a ball is kicked-
I hope that will be the last time (although Mr Houllier has stated he would do the same in
similar circumstances)

Call me a Drama Queen if you like but the reaction by Villa supporters since the Eastlands
surrender would suggest there are a considerable number of us?

Spot on Mozza.

Wednesday was truly embarrassing.

Of course I don't expect an apology, but to take it 'lying down' is just plain apathy.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 07:55:37 PM »
This apology you're wanting, could you perhaps be a bit clearer and clarify which players exactly you'd like our manager to apologise for playing? 

Just so I can be clear on which players are to have their confidence completely destroyed in the media spotlight.  Is it just the youngsters in their first season / making their debuts you were unhappy about, or the experienced pros too?

People are only pissed, and understandably so, because we lost.  If we'd won up there this place would not be full of posts about the disgraceful way in which we progressed to the quarter-finals, would it?

If GH wants to come out an apologise for putting weaker players into the side, then fine, but I certainly don't want him to do so.

It's not about individuals. We played well and won last saturday and confidence was high. It was an FA Cup 5th round game away to a team who were widely reported as looking tired and jaded three days earlier after drawing at home to Fulham and were playing their 5th game in 15 days (we'd played one in that time). They were also struggling with injuries.
Bent and Baker had to be replaced obviously, but was there the need for such wholesale changes? Not if the intention was to go and get a result... and that is the point - we didn't give it our best shot, and I find that unnacceptable.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 08:00:44 PM »
The way to show your disgust is to boycott the first home cup game of next season. A 10,000 crowd will really focus their attention.

On the contrary. I would love us to get back to the days when you got 10,000 more than the league game when you played a club in the FA Cup from your division.

Offline pelty

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 08:05:39 PM »
In defence of the club, they didn't ask us to thank them when they shelled out £20m for bent the other week

The General was on hear moaning about the low crowd for Bent's debut.  I'm afraid that I think the current owners just don't "get" English football.

Or, alternately, some of the fans are fairweather... To-may-tos, to-mah-tos. Not talking about those on here or other sites, of course, as everyone here is passionate enough that they would spend there time on such a site. But surely there are fringe fans who pay attention when the club does well and are willing to pay the money then (but, perhaps, only occasionally) but not when the team is not riding high. That plus the economy equals low attendances. That said, the club needs the money that matchday brings and lower gates make it more difficult to compete. A vicious cycle...

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 08:08:54 PM »
The way to show your disgust is to boycott the first home cup game of next season. A 10,000 crowd will really focus their attention.

That is correct, and is never going to happen, because this is a football club and they have the most loyal customer base possible.  By January this will be a distant memory and we'll all be thinking "this is our year" and paying our money to watch us beat Blackburn

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal