collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 01:05:47 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ducksworthy
[Today at 01:01:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by devilla
[Today at 01:00:58 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Still no apology from the club!  (Read 34424 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Still no apology from the club!
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2011, 08:46:52 AM »
If Gerard feels we could never have beaten an injury hit Man City (one which drew at home to Fulham and looked pedestrian against Wuhan yesterday) then I am very disappointed to have such a defeatist attitude from those meant to be leading us.

That is his call, though, and he takes the consequences of it, so he clearly must feel that way.

To come out and say it to the media, though, serves no purpose at all, and was terrible judgement on his part - something the media department clearly thought and something we've seen far too much of from him this season.

Completely agree.  His media skills are as atrocious as his ability to organise a defence.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
Yes we should have won, three bad defensive errors from an inexperieced back line and a keeper that will not leave his line, but i tell you what some of the football we played was top notch.

My few pints of "Flat Cap" must have affected my eyesight or perception because what I saw yesterday was way short of "top notch".

The time to play tippy tappy expansive football is when you are 3 -0 up and posses a defence that can defend from set pieces.

All very well playing pretty football but it will not stop us from getting relegated unless we show some steel.

Personally I am happier with 3 points irrespective of performance compared to "didn`t we play some lovely stuff " but lost 3-2 to feckin Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Blackpool et al

Just ask a Baggies/Barnsley fans  fan what they prefer - workmanlike 3 points or Brazil like football and a pluckly defeat.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »
The time to play tippy tappy expansive football is when you are 3 -0 up and posses a defence that can defend from set pieces.

Oh god, don't tell me you've fallen for that tippy tappy thing as well?

In midfield and further forward, we played excellent football for large chunks of the game yesterday, and but for some uncharacteristically profligate finishing, we'd have been absolutely out of sight by half time. Bolton couldn't really have complained had it been 5-0 at half time. We were that impressive.

What's wrong with playing decent football in trying to score goals when the match is 0-0?

But ...

All very well playing pretty football but it will not stop us from getting relegated unless we show some steel.

You're right on the showing some steel thing, and that's what bollocksed us yesterday again. Just like it did against Fulham. Just like it did against Man United (h) even. Just like it has lots of times this season.

Personally I am happier with 3 points irrespective of performance compared to "didn`t we play some lovely stuff " but lost 3-2 to feckin Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Blackpool et al

Just ask a Baggies/Barnsley fans  fan what they prefer - workmanlike 3 points or Brazil like football and a pluckly defeat

And what about all the points in between those extremes - ie playing decent football and getting decent results?

Plenty of teams do it, why shouldn't we?

Offline Fernando Partridge

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2011, 06:19:46 PM »

yea one republic and timbaland

did it so wots the problema?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »

How can you be "tippy tappy" and "expansive"?

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
"Plenty of teams do it, why shouldn't we? "

Just maybe we havn`t the personnel for that.

Personally I`d rather just see the points on the board -  the game is all about winning surely.

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »

How can you be "tippy tappy" and "expansive"?

Apologies, I meant expensive:) !

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
One of the board's mistakes since they took over has been to be too close to supporters, particularly those who are online regularly. This has meant amongst other things that we somehow feel entitled to explanations and apologies every time something goes wrong or a decision is made that we don't agree with. It would be nice if every club was as customer-friendly as ours but they aren't, and this is why.
I agree entirely with that Dave, and very much appreciate the efforts the club make.
But I do think it is important that the top people at the club get the message and understand how fans feel on such a major issue as the other night. I didn't realistically expect a club apology, but I raised this thread two days after the initial outcry to show that it is not a knee-jerk reaction and that there is genuine anger out there at what happened. It's not something to brush under the carpet in a feeble post-match interview.
I said right at the start I'm not anti-Houlllier, and for me this has never been about sacking the manager or people resigning, but the most disappointing thing is nothing seems to have been learned from the Moscow experience.

An injustice was done to Villa fans and the FA Cup the other night – I just want to know that the people who run our club can see that and can understand the anger it has caused.

If he was going to be fair to the fans GH should have told us he was throwing the game before people spent hard earned cash on a waste of time...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal