collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Still no apology from the club!  (Read 34611 times)

Offline luke25

Re: Still no apology from the club!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 06:38:34 PM »
A good post and sums up my feelings exactly, I thought I would've moved on from it by now but it still leaves a bitter taste, im hoping after tomorrows game that i'll be over it

Offline olofmilosevic

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »
sometimes i honestly believe some people live on a different planet! An apology! c'mon it's never going to happen is it! why should you get a season ticket?? BECAUSE YOU LOVE ASTON VILLA! and if one tough season or a bad decision by the manager makes you question why you should get a season ticket then perhaps you should take the short trip across the city with the rest of the knuckledraggers that only appear when their club(if you can call it that) is doing well!

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 06:43:03 PM »
sometimes i honestly believe some people live on a different planet! An apology! c'mon it's never going to happen is it! why should you get a season ticket?? BECAUSE YOU LOVE ASTON VILLA! and if one tough season or a bad decision by the manager makes you question why you should get a season ticket then perhaps you should take the short trip across the city with the rest of the knuckledraggers that only appear when their club(if you can call it that) is doing well!
That argument is fine for the pub after nineteen pints of WKD, but you'll have to do better on here.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 06:46:35 PM »
I will, and have, always bought a season ticket following bad seasons. It's not the fact the lost the game its the fact that we threw it.
If we'd played our best team and lost 5-0 on Wednesday I'd have got over it by now.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 06:46:44 PM »
I suppose you could argue, if the club doesn't take the cup seriously then why should the fans ?

DeKiup , very good post.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 06:47:45 PM »
I dont think you will get an apology straight away.

I went to watch us lose 3-0 away to watford in 1969 and that was really shite. I am still waiting for an official apology from the club and havent given up hopes of a refund.

Offline olofmilosevic

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »
I think once you leave the dream world that you're in and realise that GH has basically had to start from scratch rebuilding everything MON f'd up when he jumped ship, you'll see that it's a work in progress.I agree one hundred percent he he ballsed up big time on wednesday, but we have been slowly improving and will continue to do so! Give them a chance, winging and moaning asking for an apology every time we lose play bad isn't gonna help anything! I hate to say Rome wasn't built in a day but hey...

Offline sam oskiewicz

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 06:52:11 PM »
That argument is fine for the pub after nineteen pints of WKD, but you'll have to do better on here.

I don't think judging someone like that because they happen to be passionate about their football club is fair. Optimism is not a crime. An apology from the club would make us a laughing stock. I for one, for what its worth, feel that this is not as bad as Moscow, and that Houllier is doing a good job. This did show poor judgement, of course, but I feel that given time, Houllier's methods will bring positive results. Any manager we have will make bad decisions and this kind of hysteria will only unsette the club and make it a much less attractive prospect for managers.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
what a complete load of nonsense. I'm guessing that some people will be asking for the club to send out emails, letters, surveys etc to all and sundry ahead of games so that people can provide their best line up and formation. I know Wednesday didn't go to plan, but fuck me what a bunch of drama queens we have on here.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 06:55:55 PM »
In defence of the club, they didn't ask us to thank them when they shelled out £20m for bent the other week

The General was on hear moaning about the low crowd for Bent's debut.  I'm afraid that I think the current owners just don't "get" English football.
Sorry didn't realise that, thought the general had disappeared since the going got tough ? So he pops back when he feels like it ie. After the Mancity win

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »
what a complete load of nonsense. I'm guessing that some people will be asking for the club to send out emails, letters, surveys etc to all and sundry ahead of games so that people can provide their best line up and formation. I know Wednesday didn't go to plan, but fuck me what a bunch of drama queens we have on here.

My sentiments exactly.

Offline Linus

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 07:02:38 PM »
The way to show your disgust is to boycott the first home cup game of next season. A 10,000 crowd will really focus their attention.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
This apology you're wanting, could you perhaps be a bit clearer and clarify which players exactly you'd like our manager to apologise for playing? 

Just so I can be clear on which players are to have their confidence completely destroyed in the media spotlight.  Is it just the youngsters in their first season / making their debuts you were unhappy about, or the experienced pros too?

People are only pissed, and understandably so, because we lost.  If we'd won up there this place would not be full of posts about the disgraceful way in which we progressed to the quarter-finals, would it?

If GH wants to come out an apologise for putting weaker players into the side, then fine, but I certainly don't want him to do so.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
Houllier is just a walking disaster and stumbles from one crisis to another, he's doing more damage than good and really should go in May
It just hasn't worked out for him here

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
I'm still gutted by the result and the team he put out but not only that i get blown away by a sexy Italian barmaid in Covent Garden just don't get any better does it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal