collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 02:54:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 02:52:33 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:45:28 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 02:25:16 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fa charge Birmingham over villa trouble  (Read 3616 times)

Offline eastie

Fa charge Birmingham over villa trouble
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:04:35 PM »
Fa have charged blues with failing to control crowd after blues v villa cup game.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: Fa charge Birmingham over villa trouble
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Fucking right too. I know we were no angels but the checks couldnt have been very good? Letting there fans above us chuck everything at us, and the stewards basically letting there fans pitch invade! I only see one steward trying to stop it...

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 12:20:30 PM »
slapped wrists all round...

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:24:38 PM »
Fucking right too. I know we were no angels but the checks couldnt have been very good? Letting there fans above us chuck everything at us, and the stewards basically letting there fans pitch invade!

To be fair, there's only so much the stewards can do when there are that many wanting to get on the pitch.  Ours had the same problem after the Blackburn semi, though I guess there wasn't anything like the same kind of atmosphere in Villa Park that night.

Because they're not capable of behaving, they need to look at the way their poxy little ground is set up.  Having home fans in the "Olympic gallery" above us is just asking for trouble.

Offline myf

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 12:25:11 PM »
The issue here is the timing - we had to play them again after this event and West Ham also has a tasty trip there.  Why did it take the FA so long?

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
Fucking right too. I know we were no angels but the checks couldnt have been very good? Letting there fans above us chuck everything at us, and the stewards basically letting there fans pitch invade!

To be fair, there's only so much the stewards can do when there are that many wanting to get on the pitch.  Ours had the same problem after the Blackburn semi, though I guess there wasn't anything like the same kind of atmosphere in Villa Park that night.

Because they're not capable of behaving, they need to look at the way their poxy little ground is set up.  Having home fans in the "Olympic gallery" above us is just asking for trouble.
Yeah but at the Bburn game we wanted to celebrate going to Wembley with our own fans, it was highly unlikely we would run to them. With them beating us it was only going to end in one way.  The fact that just one steward made an attempt to stop them and the rest let them get on with it is pathetic.
They learned their lesson for the next game though, no fans above us and more police in the ground than i seen outside! If they had of done this in the first game there would have been no trouble. Although in fairness, hindsight is a wonderful thing. I just hope that this games never played on a night again...

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
Whats the point in charging them , they ran out of money when buying that cabinet in the week from Ikea in the sale for that trophy.

Offline martin

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »
I suppose Big Eck could always always plead mitigation for the third time in as many months by claiming they're only a "little club".

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 02:59:06 PM »
Isn't there some kind of limit to the number of slapped wrists a club can get?!

They're an embarrassment to the city, the country and the sport, and soon they're be an embarrassment to Europe as well.  I wish someone in authority would grow some balls and actually punish them for their general twattishness!

Offline villa1

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »
I can see another 5 year ban from European competition on the horizon, when that lot turn up.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 06:47:41 PM »
I can see another 5 year ban from European competition on the horizon, when that lot turn up.

I hope they get knocked out in the same round as we did because like you said Villa 1 i can see Small Heath spoiling it for everybody else.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal