collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: richard dunne  (Read 7490 times)

Offline wif

Re: richard dunne
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 08:58:47 AM »

dunne is ruled out for saturday and beyond

Mmmm, didn't see any injury. Has he had "words" with GH again after Weds night ?? Wouldn't be surprised.
Probably about the shite team selection on Wednesday. There can't be a player in the squad who thinks that that was a good idea.

I would like to think that at least Bradley, Herd, Delfouneso and Bannan thought it was a good idea, or do you reckon they all think that they're not good enough for the first team?

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 09:17:05 AM »

Mmmm, didn't see any injury. Has he had "words" with GH again after Weds night ?? Wouldn't be surprised.
Probably about the shite team selection on Wednesday. There can't be a player in the squad who thinks that that was a good idea.

I would like to think that at least Bradley, Herd, Delfouneso and Bannan thought it was a good idea, or do you reckon they all think that they're not good enough for the first team?

Perhaps, individually, they might think they're good enough to play alongside the ten best others. But when you fling a load of them in together, and rest the best players, it feels like a second string. So those individuals go from thinking they might be on the cusp of getting picked for the first team, to feeling like they've been lumped in with the B team. Those A-teamers that remain then feel like they're the ones that don't need resting, like they're not as important as the Youngs and the Downings. And the whole lot of them have their confidence zapped by a pasting at the hands of Man City. It's terrible, terrible management.

I really hope Dunne's twisted his ankle while pouncing on a Greggs beef and onion pastie, but if this is over a bust-up following Wednesday's debacle, then it's yet another black mark against our manager's name.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »

Of course I think they're good enough for the first team. Although I reserve my judgement on Bradley for the time being. But even they must've thought when they saw the team sheet: "Yes! I'm in!" followed by "What the fuck?!"

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 09:23:11 AM »
Any idea when GH lets the players know who's playing ? If its an hour or two before KO, it must be a very confusing / bewildering hour or so for all concerned before KO

Offline Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 09:39:52 AM »

Dunne definately out Saturday with shoulder injury according to OS (Surely I don't need to post a link? don't call me Shirley etc etc).

Hope Collins makes it.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 09:43:12 AM »
We will miss him that's for sure against Bolton who are a physical side his strength against Davies and Elmander would have been important for us.

Offline myf

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:10 AM »
This is the kind of thing that happens when you rest players - best laid plans and all that.  Its like the draw against Stoke after the Moskow debacle.

We're out the cup and haven't got an experienced defender available for the Bolton game. We'll be lucky to take a point now.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »
How ironic, the one person who SHOULD have been rested Tuesday is now out for a month.

If Collins doesn't make it we are fucked.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »
Whats up with Cuellar? He's been out most of the season. I dont think Dunne's had a bust up, its just someone's had a thought and its getting serious. He got subbed of towards the end which may explain a bit. The ya ya bust up - toure kicked out, or so it seemed anyway.
Be an interesting team selection regardless, hope Collins is back for this one..

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »
Despite the fact he tends to make at least one huge cock up per game to present th oppo with a scoring chance, we could do with him for the Bolton game against Davies, especially with all the others not fit.

Never mind we have another experienced PL CB to call on in Curtis Davi...oh!

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2011, 11:26:35 AM »
Houllier speaks

"Unfortunately, we're going to lose Richard Dunne for three to four weeks with a shoulder problem. 'The good thing is, we haven't got many games during that period'."

BBC

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »
I think we should just lie him down on the goal line anyway.

Our best chance of getting a clean sheet.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 11:31:44 AM »
I think we should just lie him down on the goal line anyway.

Our best chance of getting a clean sheet.

True.

He could lie on his back and let his gut do the work.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 11:34:28 AM »
At least we can go through a couple of games without expecting a big mistake from a centre-back to happen.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 11:39:51 AM »
Houllier speaks

"Unfortunately, we're going to lose Richard Dunne for three to four weeks with a shoulder problem. 'The good thing is, we haven't got many games during that period'."

BBC
that had me spitting my cornflakes this morning...

then why surrender the cup game then, you fucking moron?!?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal