collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Dogtanian
[Today at 01:56:50 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Nev
[Today at 01:56:42 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 01:56:02 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:54:44 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:48:03 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:45:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Stu
[Today at 01:45:43 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:43:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: ok pissed off tonight after Citeh but get a grip  (Read 21890 times)

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
Re: ok pissed off tonight after Citeh but get a grip
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 07:20:24 AM »
Last night wa the future!

With all the high earners having to be sold in the summer to get the wage bill down we are gonna have to rely on the young lads alot more.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 07:31:49 AM »
The only posotive I can take is that Herd did well, GH can't have learnt anything from that selection!

Delph at LB? Heskey? Gabby on wing? Fonz completely isolated!

We aint seen sight of Bannan for weeks then he plays him in a game we have no chance of winning, watch him disappear again! Will do his confidence no good at all. I've slept on it and im still pissed off

Offline Archie

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 07:38:14 AM »
ok I am pissed off tonight but that's because we lost to MC and could have had Reading in the next round de dah de dah de dah

just want to not lose the fact that our young players did us proud tonight especially when they kept the ball

that the established players did their best, with the young uns especially when they kept the ball

and that our fans were ace when they sang and especially when they kept the ball

We are still on course this season in the pl (especially when we keep the ball) so get a grip...

Are you ironic, I suppose?

It's clear that Mr HoolaKop had no intention of winning the game.
He deliberately choosed to go  out of the Fa Cup in order to concentrate on the battle to avoid relegation.
He thinks that te only target of a team with the likes of Albrighton, Bent, Downing, A. Young, Walker and Delph must be the safety. That's incredible. He doesn't understand that in England the FA Cup is important, unlike in France.
Sad to say but with this manager we have made several steps behind.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 07:41:58 AM »
ok I am pissed off tonight but that's because we lost to MC and could have had Reading in the next round de dah de dah de dah

just want to not lose the fact that our young players did us proud tonight especially when they kept the ball

that the established players did their best, with the young uns especially when they kept the ball

and that our fans were ace when they sang and especially when they kept the ball

We are still on course this season in the pl (especially when we keep the ball) so get a grip...

We lost the ball all night.

Except when it went into the crowd.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 07:47:41 AM »
We can ping the ball around all we like. The commentators mentioned it when we had three minutes of possession towards the end of the first half. However, 80% of that possession was in our own half when we were 2-0 down. Man City probably would have let any team do that in this scenario. We didn't hurt them at all and were no threat to them.

I have to agree with the OP though that some of the comments on the site have been over the top, and that's despite me not liking the fact we put up the white flag again.

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 08:01:42 AM »
Possession in football is pretty pointless if you do nothing with it or contain it to pretty triangles in the centr circle. Houllier is Tony Mowbray, wrapped up slightly better against the winter cold and with less of the pantomime dame look about him. His technical qualifications and experience haven't got me fooled. His arrogance and excuses only frustrate. He will take us, aesthetically improved, absolutely nowhere except potentially oblivion.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 08:08:42 AM »
Last night I wanted to get a grip.... with my hands round Houlliers throat.
This morning I still do.

Offline eastie

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 08:13:17 AM »
Had very little sleep after last nights fiasco, what kind of a message does it send out to football, we pride ourselves on being a big club that can compete for honours, now we are just a club that aim to stay up, and weaken our side for cup games.

What does it say to the liked of downing, young etc who joined the club for a better chance of success and winning things? The cups are our only hope of trophies and if we can't take them seriously then it's a very sad day indeed.

As a statement of lack of ambition , last night has set us back a long way in the eyes of many, and players thinking of joining villa would maybe now think again- we stopped being a big club last night and the manager is to blame.

I have backed GED but last night leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth and I feel so totally deflated about our great club this morning, I will put on a DVD of past glories and remember the good times!

Offline tsvet

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »
Possession in football is pretty pointless if you do nothing with it or contain it to pretty triangles in the centr circle. Houllier is Tony Mowbray, wrapped up slightly better against the winter cold and with less of the pantomime dame look about him. His technical qualifications and experience haven't got me fooled. His arrogance and excuses only frustrate. He will take us, aesthetically improved, absolutely nowhere except potentially oblivion.

Where is that "LIKE" button?
Chris is spot on and exactly what I texted to a friend of mine - we try to be Barcelona in our own half only for 9 out of 10 field players nowhere to be seen when we cross the middle line.
I have never been a Petrov apologist (despite being a big fan) and he was really poor last night (although I don't think he was the worse of our three midfielders), but what worries me much more was his body language. He looked like he doesn't believe and I've watched him for ages - he has never been that way! He looked like a man shocked by the managers drop of guard and totally lost. I really do thing last night's management decission is going to be BIG in terms of players' opinion on the Villa future.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 08:37:47 AM »

You just have not got a clue have you?

We're the Villa for fucks sake

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 08:51:46 AM »
I'm quite shocked by the rudeness of you all to a fellow poster. It's not like he's on the holocaust denial thread or anything.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 08:52:09 AM »
Our young players' confidence may have been massively damaged by playing too many at once and playing some (Delfouneso and Herd) massively out of position.

The established players, especially Petrov and Heskey, were gash.

Boasting about 'our fans being ace' is the sort of small-time shit I would expect from an Albion fan. I would rather we give our 'ace' fans something to cheer about.

If 'still on course' equals 12th and out of all the cups then I would rather be off course thanks.
Spot on with that comment just to add Gabby to those two, I would be quite happy if Petrov and Heskey didnt play for us again.

Offline Mike Jeffries

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 09:01:35 AM »

I thought Herd gave it a real go last night, which suggested he may have a part to play in coming years.

As others have said there is no need for folks to take out their anger on other posters, much as I do understand peoples fury because whatever the reasoning behind the team selection (I've given my own view elsewhere) it was really crap last night.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 09:29:29 AM »
I slept on it ,and its still shit but hey ho move on.

But I really do fear for future under him

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 09:51:31 AM »
If you really think about what he did and said, it means that unless we spend stupid money in the summer, he has settled for us to be mid table mediocrity merchants.

Imagine saying our first strength team couldnt beat City anyway, so why bother playing them?

If that is his attitude, where will we be next year?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal