collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Houiller you convinced??  (Read 4734 times)

Offline richardhubbard

Houiller you convinced??
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:40:15 PM »
I fucking hate him with conviction.
I know most said he needed the window and then we see a difference, and yes we bought Bent and Makoun and beat Blackburn.

But we always beat them but since Jan 1 3 wins in 10 games in the league and then shit team selection like this.

His taking the piss.

Liverpool, Man City twice this season and sunderland tells me this man not good enough.

I not suggesting sacking him now come the summer move on and go for Moyes or Coyle

Offline jonzy85

Re: Houiller you convinced??
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
I fucking hate him with conviction.
I know most said he needed the window and then we see a difference, and yes we bought Bent and Makoun and beat Blackburn.

But we always beat them but since Jan 1 3 wins in 10 games in the league and then shit team selection like this.

His taking the piss.

Liverpool, Man City twice this season and sunderland tells me this man not good enough.

I not suggesting sacking him now come the summer move on and go for Moyes or Coyle

Agreed

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
Nothing like a calm, considered reaction eh?

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Monty read the post, I said end of season get rid, only a huge run now to end of season convince he his the man

Offline Ross

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:08 PM »
Never mind, we can take comfort in the fact we surrendered a chance of Wembley and the FA Cup with a magnificent 14th place finish.  Oh the glory.  Fuck off Houllier.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
So predictable. The kids did not let us down tonight, the senior men did, and defensively we were shit. 2 fabulous goals too.

GH picked a side that was aimed at keeping us in it and screwed up by conceeding early. He is a good manager, and the football is improving. I reckon he will be the first man to win us any silverware this century given time.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
I'm happy with him to continue. He totally ballsed it up tonight (no excuses, but we're coming along fine.

With MON, we had the best manager who would get us playing the way he did and it wasn't quite enough (maybe if we'd played Arsenal in the final it would've been different). GH is trying to make us a passing team, which, as we're never going to win anything, we may as well try something that might be a bit more interesting. However, trying to change a team into passing the ball is a hard task, especially with some of the players he inherited.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:44:43 PM »
I am absolutely livid with this for all the obvious reasons, but...

We ARE seeing progress, the team (the proper team, not one that seems to have been put together by tombola) is showing signs of cohesion and good passing football, and as such, reluctantly, I still think he is the manager to take us forward. Just not tonight.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
I think the word is actually "brave".
He was brave to put out the team he did - brave adn ultimately foolish. Citeh were beatable and we had some momentum fromthe B'burn game: we could have pushed on and built some confidence for both Cup and League. We didn't.
Move on. Next game.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
I txt my mate and said I was pissed off but he thinks it was sensible, He said we need to stay up thats the priority. He can build in the summer and go for it next year. Im thinking maybe he is right but I still feel pissed off.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:30 PM »
The depressing thing about tonight is that we are looking to dispose of perhaps 11 senior players and rely more on youth.
Nothing wrong with blooding kids but lets face it we are no longer looking at top four or even  top six but muddling around with the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, dare I say Small Heath.
Bright future my arse !!

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
I like him.

We are transforming with every league game.

Good manager.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »
Monty read the post, I said end of season get rid, only a huge run now to end of season convince he his the man

Ok, but you still "fucking hate him" and this post just happens to come immediately after an FA Cup game we were never likely to win anyway. And you still want him sacked based on knee-jerk reactions, even though you don't want him to go now you still want him gone.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:55 PM »
I like him.

We are transforming with every league game.

Good manager.

Meet up with me at Chorley tomorrow and we will have a chat:)

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
Can't really blame Ged for the state of the game. Going down would set the club back about 5 years at least and the Fa cup is becoming more and more worthless by the year. We as fans might care about it because we love trips to wembley and winning trophies but the game is too much about money these days. I still think we're gradually improving and we can continue to progess under him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal