collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moscow or Manchester?  (Read 14088 times)

Offline The Left Side

Re: Moscow or Manchester?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
I said Moscow but would like to change my mind as we could have easily have gotten to the semi final with a bit lof luck tonight and a rare home QF, bugger off GH.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:21 PM »
I imagine his post match speech will make Col Gaddafi look credible.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:31 PM »
Manchester. I could see the reasoning behind Moscow, tonight was a disgrace.

This

Offline Cuz

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »
Whats he talking about HE PICKED THE WRONG TEAM THE IDIOT!!!!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »
Yes just he has just been on - deluded.  Cuckoo

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:33 PM »
Completely different situations:
- Moscow shouldn't have been on the agenda: if MON had selected the right teams to play in the group matches we would not have been even playing in Moscow. we fucked up by not getting our tournament strategy right.
- In Manc tonight, we were on a psychological roll, Citeh were struggling with injuries and the FAC would hav egiven us confidence to fight the good fight in the league. For whatever reason, Hou missed the chance to build by 'resting' key players .... WHY?

Offline TonyD

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »
Southgate speaks sense.

Online Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Whatever you think of MON and Moscow, I could understand the reasoning - at the time we were challenging for a Champions League spot, had only drawn at home, and had a very small squad.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »
Manchester. What MON did in Moscow made a bit of sense, even if i did'nt agree totally with it. Tonight was just crazy.

Oh and Gary McCallister must be the most passionless No.2 i've ever seen down VP.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
Moscow. It was a terrible decision. Tonight the kids did well, second half they showed some heart but were beaten by a much better side, and I have to say even our first 11 are no match for them. We beat them with a very hard fought backs to the wall 1-0 at Villa park, but we rode our luck big style. All momentum of the season was lost in Moscow, this season is a complete transition season. Do this next season and it is a pisser, but this season is not the one to get my knickers in a twist about a game I expected to lose with a full side out. As GH just said, Ash or Downing ain't gonna change the outcome.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 10:04:40 PM »
he said it was about even?

What the fuck

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
All momentum of the season was lost in Moscow, this season is a complete transition season.

In retrospect, obviously Moscow didn't work out, but looking at it from the time the decision was made, we had 3 games in a week in a very busy season, and we were firmly in the running for 4th and didn't want to drop points. It was disappointing (I can't imagine how pissed people must have been to arrive in Moscow to see the reserves), but at the time, there could have been an argument for it. Obviously, looking back, it was a missed chance with no upside.

Tonight, however, we're in the middle of nowhere in the league, we aren't going to go down or finish particularly high, the league season has pretty much been written off. As you say, it's a transitional season, so why the hell surrender in a cup, when there's nothing to play for in the league?

he said it was about even?

What the fuck

He's either a moron, or he thinks we are. Now that I think about it, probably both.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »
Tonight. There was some logic behind Moscow.
Tonight we were on a decent run, were playing a side who didn't exactly impress at home to Fulham at the weekend while we were strolling the second half against Blackburn. Reading at home in the QF awaited the winners. We have probably the easiest remainder of the season of anyone in the league. Our nearest and dearest lifted a trophy a few days ago. We waved the white flag and played a bizarre system with numerous players out of position and/or making a debut/rare start. A fucking disgrace.

Online Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 10:14:02 PM »
We only have TWO other games in the whole of March.

Why were we having to rest players?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:23 PM »
Moscow. It was a terrible decision. Tonight the kids did well, second half they showed some heart but were beaten by a much better side, and I have to say even our first 11 are no match for them. We beat them with a very hard fought backs to the wall 1-0 at Villa park, but we rode our luck big style. All momentum of the season was lost in Moscow, this season is a complete transition season. Do this next season and it is a pisser, but this season is not the one to get my knickers in a twist about a game I expected to lose with a full side out. As GH just said, Ash or Downing ain't gonna change the outcome.

As I asked in the match thread, City only drew at home to Fulham at the weekend, why should we be unable to at least match what fucking Fulham can do?

And how about Ash AND Downing? And Walker? Or anyone else that someone who wanted to win this tie would have picked?

How about deciding it was going well and thinking, I know, i'll wait until 70 mins or we're 3-0 down before I try and change what quite blatantly isn't working. I can only remember Hart having to make 2 saves in the whole game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal