collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: PS Mr Lerner  (Read 84732 times)

Offline Holtenderinthesky

Re: Dear Mr Lerner
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2011, 09:54:35 PM »
I'd ask, but they are hiding under the bed in case Britain sends in the best troops in the world to protect USA interests. Or something.

Maybe they'll send the reserves.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2011, 12:12:50 AM »
We played very well today, should have scored more.
They had 3 chances and scored them all
One of those days I'm afraid

Yes, but its happened too many times this season, its infuriating. He needs to sort the defence out badly, and we knew that before the window but little was done. Yes, overall January was a very good window, but i was always concerned that we needed a couple of solid defenders in, and it didn't happen. I don't think it will cause relegation but we need it sorting for the start of next season. I would give Houllier the chance, but unless we have improved that dept significantly by the end of next season i would get rid.

Offline eastie

« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2011, 09:10:41 AM »
Most decent teams have a keeper who commands and dominates the 6 yard box and the defenders who in general defend the rest of the penalty area, a top keeper will say to his defence , anything in the 6 yard box is my domain, but friedal doesn't come off his line even for crosses 4 yards out making the defences job extremely difficult- it's basically a case of it their player heads it 1st it's probably a goal.

Rather than standing on his line shouting away he should be coming out to punch clear or catch the ball, any cross outswinging or outside 6 yards fine , stay on the line but not the ball is so close.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:14:52 AM by eastie »

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #393 on: March 20, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
PS Mr Lerner
I have witnessed some bad times and poor managers at Villa Park over the years- I am not saying these are the worst of times or Houllier is the worst manager however I have witnessed the igmony of relegation and I can spot the signs.
Like my late father urged the board many years ago to remove Joe Mercer from the Managers role I urge you to dispense of the services of Monsieur Houllier. He appears out of touch with the modern game and appears to lack motivational qualities - this added to his inappropriate comments amount the club, fans and FA Cup make him "hard to like".

Please Mr Lerner, get rid immediately and bring in a motivational leader.............I`ve said this numerous times - the time to play pretty football is when you are 3 -0 up ...lets win ugly until the end of the season and then regroup in Hong Kong under a top manager who has the respect of players and fans alike - Van Gaal and Jol have been mentioned - they would be worth considering I am sure.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:48:43 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

Offline Cuz

Re: PS Mr Lerner
« Reply #394 on: March 20, 2011, 05:15:39 PM »
Spot on
PS Mr Lerner
I have witnessed some bad times and poor managers at Villa Park over the years- I am not saying these are the worst of times or Houllier is the worst manager however I have witnessed the igmony of relegation and I can spot the signs.
Like my late father urged the board many years ago to remove Joe Mercer from the Managers role I urge you to dispense of the services of Monsieur Houllier. He appears out of touch with the modern game and appears to lack motivational qualities - this added to his inappropriate comments amount the club, fans and FA Cup make him "hard to like".

Please Mr Lerner, get rid immediately and bring in a motivational leader.............I`ve said this numerous times - the time to play pretty football is when you are 3 -0 up ...lets win ugly until the end of the season and then regroup in Hong Kong under a top manager who has the respect of players and fans alike - Van Gaal and Jol have been mentioned - they would be worth considering I am sure.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #395 on: March 20, 2011, 06:45:33 PM »
Regroup in Hong Kong? :o

Our young lads tend to do well in the annual Summer Sevens comp they have out there but I don't think that's what you're on about...

Offline eastie

« Reply #396 on: March 20, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
Vctm- post it on the generals thread and he will probably pass it on to randy ,very good post.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2011, 06:56:05 PM »
Regroup in Hong Kong? :o

Our young lads tend to do well in the annual Summer Sevens comp they have out there but I don't think that's what you're on about...

I suggest you do your homework young man - Barclays Asia Trophy

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2189027,00.html

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #398 on: March 20, 2011, 08:19:24 PM »
How could I have forgotten..

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2011, 08:23:59 PM »
PS Mr Lerner

I agree.

Offline The Villan On The Wirral

« Reply #400 on: March 20, 2011, 08:28:07 PM »
PS Mr Lerner

great post.spot on

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
PS Mr Lerner

great post.spot on

Well said Clive.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2011, 09:28:24 PM »
Hard to disagree with most of it -save the Jol and Van Gaal flights of fantasy.

Why would they want to risk their reputations getting embroiled in a relegation scrap?
Unless you mean in the summer when Jol (though not Van Gaal) might be a tad more realistic.

They both strike me more as long term vision types. What we would need if we take the decision before the summer is someone who could hit the ground running as it were, someone who could get the players onside and deliver pretty much from the get go. Whether it's just grinding out a few tedious draws or getting the side well drilled at the back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal