collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: PS Mr Lerner  (Read 84775 times)

Offline villa1

Re: Dear Mr Lerner
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 10:31:35 PM »
ow can i show me face round brum now, villa r really really bad i wanna go to bed

Off you go then.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:14 PM »
Starting to lose all interest to be honest, quite an achievement to make someone like me who has lived and breathed Villa for 40 odd years feel that way. So congratulations are in order. I'd rather not see us become the Cleveland Browns thank you very much...

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 10:33:25 PM »
ow can i show me face round brum now, villa r really really bad i wanna go to bed
Presumably your bed being a cardboard box behind New St Station - sweet dreams , and give your starving whippet a cuddle from me.  Oh by the way .....**** Off 

Offline sfx412

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
If after the Moscow and tonight's team selections you can't see the clubs thinking on these matters no amount of weeping into your hankies is going to make it any clearer.
As we rarely if ever win at Man City and often can at Bolton, I can understand what the decision was about. I can't in any way justify it and hope for the clubs sake Blues don't go on and win that trophy too.
Bad decision just as the one in Moscow was just as his actions at Liverpool were. The more he makes this sort of decision the harder it will be for him to become accepted. If he, Randy and anyone else at the club can't see this the harder it will get for them all.
Another downer just as things were getting better, a typical shoot yourself in the foot decision, we have become prone too under Randy

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »
Starting to lose all interest to be honest, quite an achievement to make someone like me who has lived and breathed Villa for 40 odd years feel that way. So congratulations are in order. I'd rather not see us become the Cleveland Browns thank you very much...

That's pretty much how I feel.  I am getting to the stage wondering why I bother anymore.  I have seen some low points over the years this just seems worse like we're just not interested in competing anymore, just existing.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
Fuck off nose, get back in your box for the next 50 years...

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 10:43:33 PM »
Mr lerner how do you feel about the reaction to this ?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »
With Houiller, it's like banging your head against a brick wall. You finally start to see some light at the end of the tunnel, then he goes and makes an unnecessary team selection like that.

Once you get beyond the being out of the cup thing, that is what is most depressing. Just when we'd started to see some solidarity, some spirit, he goes and does that.

I understand entirely the concept of squad rotation, but there's squad rotation, and there's giving up, and what we saw tonight was far too much towards the latter of those two.

You also have to think if -like Moscow- a fair few of the senior players take umbrage at the fact that he didn't even deem them good enough to get a result against a knackered and injury hit Citeh in the first place. What kind of message does that send out.

If they were flying, all the big guns available and in great form, the decision would make a bit more sense (though I'd still diagree with it). But they were there for the taking. They've looked poor in their two recent European games and against Fulham on Sunday. And they didn't even play particularly well tonight. The sad thing is they didn't need to.

Trust us to give a team a morale boosting win when they need it most. We're good like that.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 10:54:41 PM »
If we'd took a full strength side up to Eastlands and got beat, then nobody would have been surprised but that team was shocking.

On Saturday we played with 3 wingers (4 if you include Pires) tonight we didn't play with any!

Petrov is a complete waste of space and Heskey I'm sure didn't break sweat. I'm sure that Joe Hart was smoking a cigar in the 2nd half. The only two shots I remember were Petrov's shot on 65 minutes and Ash's free kick that ended up 20 rows back.

Please Villa, don't bother bombarding me with emails and texts about cup games again in the future, if the club can't be arsed, why should I? In fact, why should I bother with a season ticket to watch Houlliers boring shit football.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »
In fact, why should I bother with a season ticket to watch Houlliers boring shit football.

Oh now, I'm as pissed off as the next bloke, but "boring" football?
One of the reasons I'm pissed off tonight is that we were starting to play some excellent football with a team that was starting to gel and understand Hotlips' way of playing.

Offline 5ft811st2 Durham

• Durham
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 11:06:30 PM »
In fact, why should I bother with a season ticket to watch Houlliers boring shit football.

One of the reasons I'm pissed off tonight is that we were starting to play some excellent football with a team that was starting to gel and understand Hotlips' way of playing.

The only time I've seen us play anything resembling excellent football in recent weeks is against Blackburn who are a gutless shambles.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 11:08:45 PM »

The only time I've seen us play anything resembling excellent football in recent weeks is against Blackburn who are a gutless shambles.

Best we have played this season = West Ham and Blackburn - says it all really

Offline sideways_sidwell_sucks

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »
Just days after our neighbours win a trophy, albeit for the first time in a lifetime, we also get an opportunity to progress in another cup competition.
Unfortunately the manager you appointed has chosen to not take this matter as seriously as thousands of fans and certainly the 3K fans who have made the journey tonight.
I never thought I would see the club I have supported for nearly 50 years give up on this  competition.
After witnessing a good team performance at the weekend I had great expectations for the game, regrettably Monsieur Houllier has decided to surrender this tie without a whimper.
Today I purchased a ticket for my son`s best friend who despite being 10 years of age has yet to pin his allegience to a club - I am looking to convince him that AVFC are the team to follow rather than Liverpool where we live. Why should I bother?
Furthermore I had been looking forward to the up coming games at Bolton and Everton - again why should I bother?
My young son and I enjoyed travelling to Wembley twice last year and we hoped this manager could take us to a cup victory - but in essence his decision tonight mirrors that of the former manager who also surrended the hope of winning in Europe.

If Monsieur Houllier is under instructions to stay in the Premiership at the expense of winning a trophy and because of the potential loss of revenue should we go down, I would prefer if this was communicated to the fans before they travel miles up the M6.
 Winning the FA Cup would be a great fillip for fans of my vintage as it is the only trophy we have yet to see us win.

If this is the way it is I will no longer spend hard earned cash on FA Cup tickets -

Finally my decision to renew my season tickets for next season is no longer an automatic one. Perhaps like the manager and some of the players I will just turn up when I feel like it.

Couldn't have put it better.

Offline sideways_sidwell_sucks

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 11:10:38 PM »

Best we have played this season = West Ham and Blackburn - says it all really

The best game I've seen us play this season was our first (West Ham), which was Milner's last. It seems that spirit is completely gone now.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:12:24 PM by sideways_sidwell_sucks »

Offline eastie

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 11:10:41 PM »
Totally agree dave, I think if we'd have played our strongest fit team tonight we could have maybe got a draw at least- we were looking a decent team and we've tossed away the chance tonight.

I'm 45 so to me the fa cup is very special however much the game has changed and I saw this a real chance wasted tonight- it leaves a sour taste , it was the Moscow debacle that changed my opinion on o neill and I fear this is a bitter pill to swallow.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal