collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by Baldy
[Today at 08:02:49 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by KNVillan
[Today at 07:58:57 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Nev
[Today at 07:50:45 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Mister E
[Today at 07:49:10 AM]

Liverpool by johnc
[Today at 07:48:11 AM]

MOTD by ChicagoLion
[Today at 07:34:31 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:52:31 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:49:43 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: PS Mr Lerner  (Read 84759 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

PS Mr Lerner
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »
Just days after our neighbours win a trophy, albeit for the first time in a lifetime, we also get an opportunity to progress in another cup competition.
Unfortunately the manager you appointed has chosen to not take this matter as seriously as thousands of fans and certainly the 3K fans who have made the journey tonight.
I never thought I would see the club I have supported for nearly 50 years give up on this  competition.
After witnessing a good team performance at the weekend I had great expectations for the game, regrettably Monsieur Houllier has decided to surrender this tie without a whimper.
Today I purchased a ticket for my son`s best friend who despite being 10 years of age has yet to pin his allegience to a club - I am looking to convince him that AVFC are the team to follow rather than Liverpool where we live. Why should I bother?
Furthermore I had been looking forward to the up coming games at Bolton and Everton - again why should I bother?
My young son and I enjoyed travelling to Wembley twice last year and we hoped this manager could take us to a cup victory - but in essence his decision tonight mirrors that of the former manager who also surrended the hope of winning in Europe.

If Monsieur Houllier is under instructions to stay in the Premiership at the expense of winning a trophy and because of the potential loss of revenue should we go down, I would prefer if this was communicated to the fans before they travel miles up the M6.
 Winning the FA Cup would be a great fillip for fans of my vintage as it is the only trophy we have yet to see us win.

If this is the way it is I will no longer spend hard earned cash on FA Cup tickets -

Finally my decision to renew my season tickets for next season is no longer an automatic one. Perhaps like the manager and some of the players I will just turn up when I feel like it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:47:57 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Dear Mr Lerner
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:30:28 PM »
Totally agree. Not getting anymore of my time or money again. I really am sick of modern football prioritising money over trophies.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:30:57 PM »
quite right, his decision tonight is disrespectful to us all, total fruit cake
he can fock off

Offline asgpaul

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »
Very very disappointing

Offline Rimmy Jimmer

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:37:06 PM »
 Agered again. Total embarrassment. The team selection tonight was scandalous. Ashley Young.... no way will he stay and i don't blame him!!

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »
What is the point?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »
Dont the stupid fucking club know that trophies = more fans and tickets? c***s all of them

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 09:43:12 PM »
Even the pundits can't believe the team he picked. There are only 3 domestic trophies available in a season and we had a good chance of progressing in this one. I'm upset and embarrassed.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:05 PM »
Well said VCTM

Offline ChrissyPrice

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »
He was getting people behind him and then just alienates them again. I honestly do not understand his thinking.

On the plus side he must now know that some of them playing tonight are just not good enough.

Offline Cuz

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
why enter the comp we more or less gave them a bye, i'm so angry what a bastard!

Offline eastie

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 09:52:17 PM »
Tonight is a very sad night for Aston villa - the manager has been a disgrace with his selection and I see no way forward from here- houllier has shot himself badly tonight and many of us will never forgive him for it.

Offline bvb

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »
ow can i show me face round brum now, villa r really really bad i wanna go to bed

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 10:27:29 PM »
With Houiller, it's like banging your head against a brick wall. You finally start to see some light at the end of the tunnel, then he goes and makes an unnecessary team selection like that.

It feels a lot like the Liverpool game in a way. He's pissed off a lot of fans but judging by his post match interview, he did'nt seem to think he'd done anything wrong.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
With Houiller, it's like banging your head against a brick wall. You finally start to see some light at the end of the tunnel, then he goes and makes an unnecessary team selection like that.

Once you get beyond the being out of the cup thing, that is what is most depressing. Just when we'd started to see some solidarity, some spirit, he goes and does that.

I understand entirely the concept of squad rotation, but there's squad rotation, and there's giving up, and what we saw tonight was far too much towards the latter of those two.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal