collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Ireland- 'my horror at Aston villa'.  (Read 25494 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Stephen Ireland claims hes 'victim of circumstances'
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 04:39:17 PM »
He certainly picked the wrong week if he was looking for sympathy from the Villa fans.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:15 PM »
Just got round to opening my Acorns newsletter. There's a picture of Stephen Ireland on page 10 with a young lad who visited Bodymoor Heath at Christmas.

Erm.. Thanks Lizz!

It's a shame as there is a cracking player in there somewhere and it's in a position that we need to strengthen, but if he can't be arsed to put the effort in then he needs to move on.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:45:26 PM by Bent Neilsens Screamer »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 05:06:51 PM »
As for the dead granny or using your wife's biology to justify your mental torment I had no sympathy for William Hague and I have none for Stephen Ireland.   I would have a great deal of sympathy for Mrs Hague and Mrs Ireland if they were the story but they are not.

Offline Rancid custard

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »
I'll concede that fate conspired against him with his move - MON didn't really want him, he certainly wasn't heaping on the praise after the acquisition was he? Then for MON to fuck off and get GH who didn't really want him either was hard cheese too.

Lets put it this way - I have a job, I'm happy and settled and there are good prospects of career development.  The management changes and the boss says we've brought in someone we think can do a better job than you so now you're going to go and do his old job at his old firm travelling further and or uprooting your home and family. You'd be a bit peeved and look for some kind of compensation too. The difference that separates footballers from the guys like you and is that in Football the club is the one you serve, not yourself. The rest is all on him though, he had his chances and he's a twat.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »
He should stay sober enough for long enough to put in a shift or two. Wasted talent.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »
A complete nutter and also possibly the ideal player for our three man centre midfield or the number 10 position. He looked in his games with Villa that he had possibly given up on the game. Thought he was ok in the second half against Liverpool but then he never played again. There was a great shot he put in against Bolton at home and he missed a sitter against Chelsea. But his lack of effort, heart, application was shocking. Kind of view that the lad has his money made and seems content just to draw his wages. As an Irish fan, its a real pity as in his brief international career he was excellent - 8 games and 4 goals in that farcical campaign under Staunton.

Its not going to work with him and Houllier anyway. MON would probably have managed him better but if the guy wont put in the minimum required for any footballer then Mourinho wouldnt be able to get him to play.

Ive said it before but signing a player without a permanent manager in charge was a recipe for disaster. The 'signed and sealed' only for Milner to play against West Ham makes no sense whatsoever. We will be taking a big loss on him during the summer.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 10:31:16 PM »
I shirked/worked from home today and happened to watch the Jeremy Kyle Show. Based on the 'guests', some posters here, me included, should be braced for a massive reality check about general UK intelligence levels.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2011, 12:21:02 AM »
STEPHEN IRELAND: MY ASTON VILLA HORROR

STEPHEN IRELAND has revved up for a possible loan debut for Newcastle tomorrow with a blast at his club Aston Villa and his country.

Ireland, who is rated a 50-50 chance to face Everton at St James’ Park, claims he was unfairly booted out by Villa manager Gerard Houllier.

He even says he had to pay for medical treatment from his own pocket during his spell there and that he was the best player during training despite being told to stay at home on match days.

Ireland said: “After 15 matches on the bench Houllier told me to stay at home. I trained during the week and on Fridays he told me, ‘no point your coming, you are not in the team’.

“Yet I was the best player in training. It was my team that won in every session. One of the few times he played me, we drew 0-0 at Chelsea and I ended up man of the match.

“Apparently that didn’t matter to him. I was stuck with being paid for doing nothing at all. I

was left to myself. I had to pay out of my own pocket for medical treatment. Can you believe that?”

Ireland says he was also unhappy at being singled out over requests to move house from Manchester.

“Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham because it was taking me 75 minutes to come to training. But there were 15 players in the same position as me. Some came from London and took more than two hours, but he only asked me to move.

“For a start, Birmingham is a c**p city and I wasn’t going to make the effort, especially as I wasn’t playing. Might as well be in Manchester if I had to stay home on match days.

“I don’t bear Houllier any grudges, it wasn’t him who chose me after all.”

Ireland, who made his remarks to French magazine So Foot, is desperate for action. He last played for Villa against Liverpool in December.

He added: “I just want to play and have a manager who really wants me for once. I have no idea at the moment who I will be playing for next season. My future is unclear.”

He also claims he would rather shoot himself than return to his native Cork.

Ireland, who turned his back on the Republic’s team four years ago, has even suggested the country deserves the economic chaos into which it has plunged.

“Ireland is only reaping what it has sown,” he said. “They have put buildings up just for the sake of it and, in the end, no one lives inside them. That has cost a huge amount of money.

“But I don’t give a damn for Ireland. Live in Cork? Rather shoot myself. I prefer Los Angeles.” And he made crystal clear his determination to never wear his country’s shirt again. “Even at youth level, it p****d me off to go there,” he said. “Everyone came from Dublin. I was the only guy from Cork. I had to take the train on my own, pay for a taxi, there was no hotel, no grub. It was handled so amateurishly.

“National teams don’t interest me. I have more to do than go off for three days to play Andorra. And when you are Irish, you are well aware you’ll never win the World Cup.

“I feel nothing for the team. I absolutely don’t feel guilty when they lose and, when they win, at no time do I think I could have been there.

“Even if Ireland had qualified for the World Cup, I wouldn’t have gone. People call for my return, but I have only played five times for them. The national team and me are ancient history.”

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/232528/Stephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horror

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 08:19:57 AM »
How to win friends and influence people...

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2011, 08:24:39 AM »
What a ray of sunshine he is.

No doubt if it dose'nt work out at Newcastle, he'll be telling us all what a shithole the place was and that black and white stripes did'nt suit him.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:26:48 AM by clampy »

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2011, 08:31:37 AM »
Living proof that psychological tests should be mandatory prior to every transfer. He's not well, which he can't help, but I also suspect he's a massive twat, which compounds matters.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 08:55:38 AM »
What a stupid little ******.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
poor ickle thing, fancy having to pay for his own medical treatment.  I bet he had to look down the back of the sofa to find enough change to afford it.  The best line of his interview read "Ireland is only reaping what it has sown"  Amen.  Oh, yeah Stephen, complaining that the Liverpool game was the last time you played in our shirt reminds me of the trip up to Anfield to watch you be the shitest player on the pitch.  I dont give a flying fuck how great you were in practice, that doesnt translate into one point or goal in the real world.  Sorry guys, Spleen.  Vented.

Offline Markerton

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
I feel no sympathy for him what-so-ever. He's an ungrateful little shit who doesn't deserve to be part of a fantastic club such as Aston Villa.

He's clearly an egotistical moron who thinks that because he won a footballing award he should be treated like fucking Royalty.

And as others have said, it's a shame because deep down he has some real footballing talent, and on a good day he was an outstanding player ... but let's face it, who wants him at Aston Villa now?

I sure as fuck don't.

I hope he crashes his stupid fucking car into a bus full of fatties.

PS. Birmingham's a crap city? I assume he hasn't wandered in to Newcastle after 5:00 pm then. Fucking slap headed fruit loop.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:33 AM »
What a despicable little ******.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal