collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:00:06 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 24, 2024, 11:56:03 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Hillbilly
[April 24, 2024, 11:46:00 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[April 24, 2024, 11:04:47 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[April 24, 2024, 10:35:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by PeterWithesShin
[April 24, 2024, 10:20:26 PM]

MOTD by Brazilian Villain
[April 24, 2024, 10:01:13 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[April 24, 2024, 09:46:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unfair dismissal tribunal award  (Read 32082 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Unfair dismissal tribunal award
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »
A syllable is an uninterrupted segment of speech consisting of a center of relatively great sonority with or without one or more accompanying sounds of relatively less sonority. A mora is the quantity of a short syllable in verse represented by the breve. A haiku is a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »
Understand where the club are coming from. An employee has to conduct theirselves in a professional, respectful manner, Lerwell didn't do that, he chose to be pedantic and condescending toward the fans.

If being pedantic and condescending constitute unprofessionalism then no work place in the land can consider itself a well-run organisation.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »
A syllable is an uninterrupted segment of speech consisting of a center of relatively great sonority with or without one or more accompanying sounds of relatively less sonority. A mora is the quantity of a short syllable in verse represented by the breve. A haiku is a major form of Japanese verse, written in 17 syllables divided into 3 lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables, and employing highly evocative allusions and comparisons, often on the subject of nature or one of the seasons.

You don't count syllables in haikus, you count moras.  I want an apology for you suggesting otherwise...

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »
I was sacked for going to work without any money and offering the ticket collector a cake.   It was considered to be bun fare dismissal.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 09:22:22 PM »
Deleted for lack of originality
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:24:05 PM by CJ »

Offline the_Lergy

• Aston Villa History and Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 09:06:15 AM »
Can't recall that episode on here.

All you need to know is he makes you look thick skinned, Tim

*wink*

That's as it may be! :-)

As I've stated on my blog:

"There were some things I stated on the H & V thread which (reflecting upon it in the cold light of day) were probably not best said (and I admitted as such at the Tribunal), but, even so, we're all Villa supporters and it's part of the whole issue of being such that we upset one another from time to time. We all get emotional about things we care about and, indeed, the whole matter occurred after going through a long period of personal stress.

"Certainly, no harm was meant to individuals nor to the club on my part. It was a 'storm in a teacup' as so many people have described it."

Please see http://aston-villa-views.blogspot.com/

John Lerwill

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2011, 09:08:28 AM »
So you're basically blaming the club for sacking you after you came on here acting the ******?

Offline the_Lergy

• Aston Villa History and Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 09:23:54 AM »
So you're basically blaming the club for sacking you after you came on here acting the c***?

Fact: I went on to the thread to point out that I was not the writer of the article referred to and (admittedly) to ask for an apology for the writers' allegations that stated otherwise.

My dismissal - as the Tribunal found - was outside the range of reasonable responses.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:34:58 AM by the_Lergy »

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »
So you're basically blaming the club for sacking you after you came on here acting the c***?

Fact: I went on to the thread to point out that I was not the writer of the article referred to and (admittedly) to ask for an apology for the writers' allegations that stated otherwise.

My dismissal - as the Tribunal found - was outside the range of reasonable responses.

No, you came on this site and started acting the ****** with posters. Something that an employee of the club should not be doing. Quite correctly (in my opinion) they dispensed of your services.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »
thought it was all a bit harsh personally. if he'd been having a go at aston villa supporters (which i'm not sure he was really) during office hours then fair enough, but if it was during non-work hours as a civillian then he's just a fan like the rest of us

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2011, 12:29:17 PM »
if he'd been having a go at aston villa supporters (which i'm not sure he was really) during office hours then fair enough

If that's grounds for dismissal I reckon 90% of us are fucked.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 12:33:41 PM »
I'm no expert in litigation, but if it's stipulated as part of your employment that you specifically don't do something (ie visit fan websites) and you do it, I'm not sure you can suggest it is the employer who is somehow at fault/ overly harsh.

It might seem a trivial matter to us, but it was enough of a concern to them (the club) to include it in the first place.

Of course, I'm not in full possession of the facts.
I don't know -for example- whether John signed a contract with that clause included or whether he was simply asked not to in person, on commencement of his employment with AVFC. Maybe the latter would be less watertight/ more open to individual interpretation.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:39:10 PM by KevinGage »

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 12:43:02 PM »

Fact2: and whilst doing so you acted like a twat.  And if you don't realise that then you've not learned much from the experience.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 12:48:27 PM by Mac »

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2011, 01:18:48 PM »
The last few comments seem a bit strong. John Lerwell has come on here with an explanatin, and even a bit of an apology. As everyone has said, it was a storm in a teacup, that got blown up out of proportion when someone was a little more sensitive than they perhaps ought to have been. It's happened to us all.

At the end of the day John is an avid Villa supporter, and who provides an informative, if a bit muddled, website, to which I occasionally refer, and for which he should be congratulated, in my opinion. If people cannot be civil to each other, perhaps it is time to give the subject a rest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal