collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unfair dismissal tribunal award  (Read 32083 times)

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
Re: Unfair dismissal tribunal award
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »
I quite like the way he whined about BE being pedantic in the extreme, then argued his point over the pedantics of how to present a piece of work published over the 'net.

He always was smug though. His website is still a piece of shit too.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 03:56:30 PM »
Its interesting that the might of Aston Villa can be so rocked by a fan on a fan site expressing an opinion. I thought Randy wanted to hear all, the good, bad and ugly.

But when he said that he meant about Aston Villa - not about Aston Villa fans.  This guy was sacked because AVFC felt, rightly or wrongly, that Mr Lerwell was denigrating people like yourself.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 04:02:08 PM »
Its interesting that the might of Aston Villa can be so rocked by a fan on a fan site expressing an opinion. I thought Randy wanted to hear all, the good, bad and ugly.

But when he said that he meant about Aston Villa - not about Aston Villa fans.  This guy was sacked because AVFC felt, rightly or wrongly, that Mr Lerwell was denigrating people like yourself.

Yeah, that's our job.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »

Was he ?
You sure.
on both statements.
I'm not

Offline not3bad

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 04:46:12 PM »

Was he ?
You sure.
on both statements.
I'm not

Pretty sure.  That's what was meant by "innapropriate behaviour".  It was felt that Mr Lerwell, as an employee of AVFC, spoke in an innapropriate manner to supporters of AVFC on a supporters forum.  Perhaps you disagree, but that was the official positon, and one AVFC stand by, despite the findings of the tribunal I gather.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 04:54:04 PM »
Do you think the subsequent bad publicity that has ensued is a sackable offence for those that generated it then ?
It surely puts the Villa in a much poorer light than the innocuous comments Mr Lerwill made on this site did.

Offline not3bad

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 05:01:36 PM »
To make that judgement you would have to read through the thread.  I have looked through and I have already stated that I felt it was understandable how Aston Villa felt Mr Lerwell was behaving innapropriately.  Certainly if the General had started making posts like this we would never hear the end of it from both the local and national press.  Shoud Mr Lerwell be granted an "easy pass" because he was a less high profile employee?

On the other hand it has been stated on this thread that in strictly legal terms Mr Lerwell probably did not speak in ways that consituted a sackable offense, hence the ruling of the tribunal.  At the end of the day this is a highly subjective matter, and as the report only came out today, it cannot be assumed what ramifications that will mean, if any.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 05:02:36 PM »

Was he ?
You sure.
on both statements.
I'm not

Pure poetry.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »
I remember that thread well, not sure anything he said was really a sackable offence. He came across at times as a very thin skinned pompous goit, but not sure you can get the sack for that. He should only have been sacked if he'd threatened to put his fists all over us.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »
Makes you wonder if the club were just looking for an excuse really.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 06:47:11 PM »
Remind me to forget it.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »

Was he ?
You sure.
on both statements.
I'm not

Pure poetry.

Is that a Haiku? I never can tell.

There's a post from someone that suggests how John Lerwill could have approached the situation.  Instead, he came across in a rather condescending manner to say the least. Not the best way of dealing with the situation and certainly not what employees of Aston Villa should be doing.  I don't think he should have lost his job though.  I just thought he came across as a prat.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 09:26:15 PM »

No a haiku has seven
Syllables followed
By five then seven more, right?

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 10:36:34 PM »
Understand where the club are coming from. An employee has to conduct theirselves in a professional, respectful manner, Lerwell didn't do that, he chose to be pedantic and condescending toward the fans.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »

No a haiku has seven
Syllables followed
By five then seven more, right?

Dave, I think you'll find that it is nineteen moras - not syllables - in three phases of five, seven and five.

I haven't got a clue about the difference between a syllable and a mora, but I just wanted to be pedantic...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal