collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 101489 times)

Offline caster troy

Re: Manchester City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:35 PM »
In any other industry he'd be sacked for gross misconduct.

Get rid.

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:43 PM »
Mickey mouse cup  :-\

The Fa cup is now in the same bracket as the League cup - Worthless. Tonight is a just another illustration of how money has/is ruining the game.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »
ITV - you useless ****** - get Houllier on to explain this fucking farce!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:10 PM »
MOM - our fans they were awesome

Offline eastie

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 09:48:02 PM »
Shocked and stunned- total lack of ambition from the manager, a chance to progress in a major cup and he rolls over and does this- I loved o neill until Moscow and then I doubted him after that but tonight is unforgivable- I am ashamed at how my club are prepared to put out such a weakened team.

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different but right now I don't think I can ever forgive houllier for this tonight- we have reached a new low!

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 09:48:49 PM »
Petrov - please never play for Villa again. That was horrible. Lost for words - and lost for words that Hou put Ashley and Downing on as a response to going 3-0 down? What was that, and not taking Petrov off.

Bradley was bad - but first game and wasn't helped by the others around him.

Clueless

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »
Tin hat time.....

I understand the selection. The worst thing possible at this moment in time would have been our first choice 11 getting tonked 4-0 against City again. He has preserved the confidence in the team from the Blackburn selection and that was important.

I think the decision to go for it or not was made when Cuellar, Collins and Baker were injured and L. Young being on paternity leave.

I agree with his decision....sorry.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:11 PM »
Baffling, embarrassing and ultimately disgraceful

We finally get a really good win on Saturday, drum up some momentum, give someone a hammering. We have two games in about the next four weeks and so decide to do what we did tonight. Beggars belief to be honest

At least Bannan and Delph came out with some credit. Heskey looks like he has left already, Petrov needs to be on the bus out of town, he might as well be joined by Gabby if we are going to keep on playing him wide left, Bradley looks like Petrov Mk II and Delfouneso has a long way to go to convince me he is up to it...

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:37 PM »
If you say it in the right way Houllier sounds a little like O'Leary..... Maybe they are the same person.  Certainly feels like it.

Offline glasses

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 09:49:50 PM »
Simply comes down to this for me. Have a go and get beat. Acceptable. Accept defeat before you start. Unacceptable. Fans have paid hard earned money yet again to be ripped off.

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:01 PM »
As my post count suggests I very rarely post on here but I can assure you that I read the forums multiple times per day. I am a student and have been to 11 games this season and my girlfriend will tell you there isn't a person on the planet who is more passionate about the Villa than me! However I would just like to take this time to place on record that Aston Villa Football Club will not be receiving another penny of my money until that clown and his assistant are gone from the club. Tonight was an utter, utter, disgrace.

Offline Mac

• Heroes And Villains
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:15 PM »
El Hadji Diouf red carded after the final whistle. That's three sent off for Rangers  and 4 others booked. 3 celtic booked. Tasty.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:24 PM »
GH just doesn't understand the club.  In a week where Blues win a cup for the first time, a month where we've started to show signs of improvement he throws a load of poor kids in positions they don't know, starts an entire midfield for the first time and plays Delfoneso in the midfield (front 3 my arse) with a non-scoring duo up front.

Monty, that was an abject and utter embarrassment.  By playing that team at Man City he basically said the best Aston Villa can hope for is survival in the Premier League.  Utter, utter filth from start to finish

I can only pity the fans that paid to go up there and watch that in person.  They should get a refund and an apology.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »
Utterly utterly fucking despondent.

Offline asgpaul

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2011, 09:51:03 PM »
Poor....very, very poor....and that's not aimed at the players tonight, I want to see us compete in every competition we're involved in and I'm disappointed that we haven't a manager that wants to do that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal