collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% villa- Rooney escapes any ban!  (Read 19314 times)

Offline eastie

Re: 0% villa- Rooney escapes any ban!
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
Totally agree with you about his foul language mal, he is a poor role model to young kids who see his petulant temper and constant swearing at officials , until a ref has the balls to turn around and give him a straight red for it nothing will change.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »
Absolutely fucking pathetic decision, yes.

A surprise? No.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 06:54:36 PM »
this is a nothing incident the like of which will probably happen in all 10 premiership games next weekend and none will be pored over like this.

I watched four full games (one live, three on the telly) plus highlights of several others this weekend and did not see one single incident anything like Ronney's assault.
Sometimes you see a player jumping for the ball with elbows pointing, and that can be dangerous of course, but this was deliberate, I can see no other reason than he had a rush of blood to the head when he saw McCarthy moving to block his run.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 06:55:43 PM »
The bloke is a disgrace to the game and his Club

Man Utd should never have caved in and given him such an obscene contract.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 08:04:56 AM »
The bloke is a disgrace to the game and his Club

Man Utd should never have caved in and given him such an obscene contract.

You might see him gone in the summer for about £60-70mil. If they hadn't signed him to the contract he would have gone for less. It's not caving in but protecting what they will get back.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 08:19:28 AM »
With all due respect yuor inference is that he did something that needs defending and it's that that I am disputing. Once the pundits have had their say with their microscopes on full beam everyone else just falls into step. I dislike Rooney intensely, but if you want to quibble about his on the pitch behaviour I'd rather something was done about his foul mothed tirades directed at the officials which happen several times EVERY game he plays. In the sunday leagues up and down the country he'd be off before half time every week.  The point  is that this is a nothing incident the like of which will probably happen in all 10 premiership games next weekend and none will be pored over like this.

I knew nothing of the incident until I saw MOTD. I knew he stayed on as I had noticed he had scored late on. I didn't believe the ref did not give a booking at the least.

I agree with you about the swearing from him and until refs clamp down on it they will not get far in the Respect campaign as any lip reader can see exactly what he is saying every time.

You will see players block other players in most games. You will not see Rooney's reaction to it. You say you can see McCarthy move into Rooney's path. Do you ignore Rooney changing his direction of travel so he can get the hit in? And if you watch  the replay there is no way Clattenberg even sees McCarthy's movement as he is facing the wing. I would have given the ref the benefit of the doubt that he never saw the elbow as he was not seeing it direct and was side on to the action. But he has the option to re-review the incident afterwards and both him and the chief have both said it is approriate action so they have given the green light to elbowing players left right and centre essentially.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 09:09:55 AM »
And the cnut that is Fergiscum has the audacity to moan about refs in last nights game as well - fucking typical and until the league stop making sure they dont upset the old bastard they will never lose their top perch

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 12:21:18 PM »
I wonder how many games Joey Barton would have got added to his 3 match ban had he done it?

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
Yet again the FA show they are Fergies lap-dog. One rule for ManU and another for everyone else. Spineless disgrace.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »
By Dan Roan
BBC sports news correspondent 

Sir Alex Ferguson should apologise for his "unacceptable" attack on referee Martin Atkinson, according to the trade union that represents match officials.

The Manchester United boss said he had "feared the worst" when Atkinson was appointed for the game at Chelsea on Tuesday which his side lost 2-1.

"The simple way out of this is an explanation and an apology," Prospect head Alan Leighton told BBC Sport.

There are strict FA rules on alleging bias or querying referee impartiality.

The FA has until 1800 GMT on Thursday to decide whether to charge Ferguson with improper conduct over his remarks.

United's manager was furious that Chelsea central defender David Luiz was not shown a second yellow card for tripping striker Wayne Rooney on the edge of the Chelsea box.

Instead, Atkinson waved play on as Chelsea surged up the pitch before awarding a penalty when substitute Yuri Zhirkov tumbled to the ground under Chris Smalling's challenge.

"You hope you get a really strong referee in games like this," said Ferguson.

"It was a major game for both clubs and you want a fair referee. You want a strong referee anyway and we didn't get that. I don't know why he's got the game. I must say that when I saw who was refereeing it, I feared the worst."

Atkinson has refereed 13 Premier League matches involving Chelsea since the 2006/07 season with the London side winning 12 and drawing one, including two victories over Manchester United and one over Liverpool.

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2011, 12:43:39 PM »
Quote:
"And the cnut that is Fergiscum has the audacity to moan about refs in last nights game as well - fucking typical and until the league stop making sure they dont upset the old bastard they will never lose their top perch"

Fergie's moaning and Shrek being let off are related.   Letting something as blatant as that elbowing go, opens the gate for arrogant 'we control you!' type remarks to be made by old rednose without any comeback.

Offline VillaZogmariner

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2011, 10:02:33 AM »
From the Beeb

Fifa at odds with FA over Rooney elbowing incident

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has said the FA could have retrospectively punished Wayne Rooney for elbowing Wigan's James McCarthy.

Referee Mark Clattenburg, whose vision of the incident was restricted, only awarded a free kick for it.

The FA said that Fifa's rules prevented it from taking action against Rooney by using video evidence but Blatter said it was up to its discretion.

"They can use it in the discipline and control committee," said Blatter.

"They can impose or change a decision if a red or yellow card has been given to the wrong player. If there's violence the national association can intervene and punish a player - this is permitted at the discretion of the national association."

But FA chairman David Bernstein, who was sitting next to Blatter during a media briefing following the International Football Association Board meeting in Wales, insisted that his organisation followed Fifa's rules.

"In the Wayne Rooney situation, under Fifa regulations if the referee sees the incident - which in this case he did do - the FA has no authority except in what is called exceptional circumstances, really exceptional," Bernstein said.

"If you open the door to 'halfway exceptional' the floodgates will open."

Blatter has also urged managers - including Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson - to show referees more respect.

Ferguson is contesting an FA charge of improper conduct after criticising referee Martin Atkinson following Tuesday's 2-1 defeat at Chelsea.

He was angry after Atkinson failed to send off Chelsea defender David Luiz for fouling Rooney and then awarded a penalty against Chris
Smalling.

Ferguson has two matches of a four-game ban from last season hanging over him after remarks about referee Alan Wiley.

But Blatter has said that everyone deserves fair play.

"Everyone deserves fair play," added Blatter. "Respect starts with self discipline. This is what we are asking everywhere, from youth teams upwards and it is also valid for personalities.

"The higher your position, the higher your responsibility. Those that have more power should be more responsible towards others. This is a principle in life."

FIFA have given the FA the perfect opportunity there to grow a pair of bollocks and ban Rooney for that elbow, and shock horror they have bottled it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal