collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 136309 times)

Online sid1964

Re: Gabby's future
« Reply #345 on: October 19, 2018, 07:06:31 AM »
i have just had to dry my eyes from the emotion of reading Gabbys heart breaking story,

"He was in a bad place", for many seasons before Bruce arrived (he just could not score from those places on the pitch)

But I am glad that in 5 years time I will not be reading about him being bankrupt!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #346 on: October 19, 2018, 07:10:26 AM »
i have just had to dry my eyes from the emotion of reading Gabbys heart breaking story,

"He was in a bad place", for many seasons before Bruce arrived (he just could not score from those places on the pitch)

But I am glad that in 5 years time I will not be reading about him being bankrupt!
He mentions his fashion business so bankruptcy must be in the realms of possibilities. :D

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #347 on: October 19, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »
It was not the places he was in, it was the amount of him that was in them.

And Erudite is the Greek Goddess protector of Kebab shop proprietors.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #348 on: October 19, 2018, 09:22:50 AM »
That's the most erudite I've ever heard him.

I bet Gabby doesnt even know what erudite means , cause I dont :)

It's a type of Glue mate

That’s a really epoxy joke John

It's his resin d'être

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #349 on: October 19, 2018, 09:24:11 AM »
Only 32? - blimey, if he'd kept fit and interested he could have had another few years at a decent level.

Don't let's get stuck in another pun-fest, either; most of the inputs so far have been pretty tacky.

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #350 on: October 19, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
He wouldn't have got the wages anywhere else that he ad here.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #351 on: October 19, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »
Fair play for offering to play for nothing.  However, I will never, ever forgive him and Richards for being spotted in Dubai and in his case with women in a hotel room at our greatest hour of need in the last 30 years. He showed utter contempt for the club 'he loves'.  And for Mr Garde in particular.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #352 on: October 19, 2018, 02:04:10 PM »
How about he pays back the money he got for the last 5 years? That would be a great gesture. He became a very rich man for doing the square root of fuck all and taking the piss out of his “boyhood” club. Thanks for the good memories Gabby (and there are many) but go away now.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #353 on: October 19, 2018, 02:16:45 PM »
The former England forward and Villa's record Premier League goalscorer was ready to help the club in its hour of need before a summer takeover.

He left the club in the summer, 14 years after his debut, having made 391 appearances and scoring 86 goals - 75 times in the top flight.

Villa's failure to return to the Premier League following a 1-0 Sky Bet Championship play-off final defeat to Fulham in May left them struggling financially under former owner Tony Xia.

Before Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens bought a 55 per cent stake in the club in July, Agbonlahor - who had already turned down approaches from the Championship and SPL - offered to play for nothing.

He told Press Association Sport: "I was aware a couple of strikers had what seemed to be long-term injuries and everyone knew the club had financial difficulties, so I asked my agent to speak with Steve Bruce and make the offer I would play for free.

"There were no strings attached, I didn't want paying, no appearance money, nothing, it was a genuine offer to help the club I love.

"The manager had been good for me when he arrived. I had been in a bad place before he was appointed and he gave me the opportunity to get back involved.

"He was appreciative of my offer but no one was aware the club was in the final stages of being sold to sort the financial problems."

Since his offer, Agbonlahor, who won three England caps, has declined further interest from the Scottish top flight and English second tier, while there have been approaches from abroad.

But despite remaining a free agent the 32-year-old, who has spent time working on his fashion label Six Figures Official, does not want to hang up his boots.

"It's been a difficult decision. Having been at Villa all my career, I did not want to play for another Championship club," said Agbonlahor, who struggled for game-time in his last two seasons at Villa.

"I appreciate the offers, it just didn't feel right. As for the SPL, unless it's one of the big couple of clubs, to be honest, that doesn't excite me.

"There has been interest from the Middle East, Turkey and Thailand and that new challenge, lifestyle and opportunity interests me but I have a young family and I'm very conscious of the impact playing abroad would have.

"I don't need to chase a deal and will only sign for a club that genuinely excites me. I have no interest playing below Championship level so abroad realistically is the likely destination if I decide to make that decision.

"I am fortunate I've had the same agent, Tim Webb, all of my career and he has been great looking after all of my finances and investments, so financially there is no need to accept anything that doesn't really work for me and my family.

"I don't want to retire yet. I admit I have made some mistakes, I do have some regrets but that's life, who hasn't made mistakes? Hopefully I will be remembered by the (Aston Villa) fans for the good times."

He is so keen to carry on playing he has ruled out playing in the Championship, League One, League two, abroad and for any club in the Premier League who isn't one of the "top clubs". Who said beggars can't be choosers?

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #354 on: October 19, 2018, 03:20:26 PM »
Has a young family. Doesn’t he mean he’ has a few young families?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #355 on: October 19, 2018, 06:32:54 PM »
SPL or overseas? Ether way Villa win :)

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #356 on: October 21, 2018, 01:54:53 PM »
Training and playing for nothing seems a bit strong.

How about settling for, say, £30,000 a month?

Of course, whether Gabby can afford to pay all that is another issue...

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #357 on: October 22, 2018, 03:52:34 PM »
Fucking empty gesture trying to court sympathy. Fuck off.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #358 on: October 22, 2018, 04:00:59 PM »

He mentions his fashion business so bankruptcy must be in the realms of possibilities. :D

Let's hope he doesn't regret giving Acorns £200,000.

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

« Reply #359 on: October 22, 2018, 07:34:08 PM »
Fucking empty gesture trying to court sympathy. Fuck off.
Bang on.Our 'hour of need' was the season we got relegated, don't recall our club captain being too bothered at the time.The fucking leech.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal