collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby Agbonlahor  (Read 136618 times)

Offline eastie

Re: Gabby's future
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2011, 04:03:34 PM »
Nothing will force houllier to play 442 and I wouldn't want it to- the passing and movement and fluidity of the new system is far better than the outdated 442- we will not be going down that road under houllier and I'm pleased that's the case.

It's ok chasing a game to throw the extra striker on but the new system gives us plenty of attacking options and we have exciting players who can cause chaos.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
the only player pardew said he bid for was nzogbia , and he had 2 bids of £10m and £12m rejected for him - cant see anyway gabby would fetch £20m to be honest .
me neither, but if the barcodes want him, then they will have to pay big considering they valued carroll at 35+ mil...

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2011, 10:00:59 PM »
Don't know if it's just me but Gabby really looked like a player who has forgotten how to do it tonight. Didn't know where to put himself, generally charged about like a big Heskey-like lump and looked more like getting red carded than doing something productive.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »
Don't know if it's just me but Gabby really looked like a player who has forgotten how to do it tonight. Didn't know where to put himself, generally charged about like a big Heskey-like lump and looked more like getting red carded than doing something productive.

Or in other words ....he was shite !

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »
I honestly think he's finished at the Villa. I don't think Houllier rates him as his pace is his only real asset and we don't play that kind of game any more. Tonight, he just seemed to be frustrated and angry.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2011, 10:16:55 PM »
He's never gone a be a 20 goal a season striker, it doesnt look like he's going to be a credible winger. What will he be? Judging on tonights display I'd say a bloody liability.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2011, 10:20:13 PM »
Tonight was the last straw with Gabby.

File under Hendrie, Vassell, Moore(s).

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2011, 10:42:21 PM »
Tonight was the last straw with Gabby.

File under Hendrie, Vassell, Moore(s).

Personally I had filed him there about three years ago but kept getting told I was talking bollocks!

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
He's never gone a be a 20 goal a season striker, it doesnt look like he's going to be a credible winger. What will he be? Judging on tonights display I'd say a bloody liability.

16 goals last season though meant he wasnt too far off. Didnt take penalties either. Seems to have completely lost it though which isnt all Houllier fault.

Offline Michel Sibble

• Wiibble.
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
Never had that footballing brain, and it showed painfully.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2011, 10:49:43 PM »
I reckon he'll be a Newcastle player come next season.

And I'll be sad about that, although it may be for the best all round.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »

16 goals last season though meant he wasnt too far off. Didnt take penalties either. Seems to have completely lost it though which isnt all Houllier fault.
That's because he ain't a winger... That is GH's fault...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »

Playing him as a striker might help him though, and that is the fault of GH. You can't expect the best of any player if he's playing out of position, as we used to find out under MON.

Offline Blackcountry Villa

« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2011, 11:11:52 PM »
He is absolutely shit, just like i've always said. Everyone thought i was mad, Villa and non-Villa fans, when i used to say so but it's plain for everyone to see now. He is one of the most limited footballers i have ever seen, no skill, no technique and no football brain.

Offline myf

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »
Nothing will force houllier to play 442 and I wouldn't want it to- the passing and movement and fluidity of the new system is far better than the outdated 442- we will not be going down that road under houllier and I'm pleased that's the case.

It's ok chasing a game to throw the extra striker on but the new system gives us plenty of attacking options and we have exciting players who can cause chaos.

We can't defend at all though and rarely seem to get a 2 goal cushion.  We've been improved of late but I just haven't got the faith in Houllier in terms of future prospects.  Aside from resting alot of players tonight his tactics were atrocious.  Must have been one of the most comfortable games Man City will play all season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal