collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Contracts For Downing & Young  (Read 12226 times)

Offline madirishvillain

Contracts For Downing & Young
« on: February 26, 2011, 12:55:48 AM »
and move if need be mods (apologies in advance)

but i see in todays papers that we are going to offer Downing a long term contract as we "face up to losing Ashley Young"

im a bit, mmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh to both of them

Downing has improved, which wasnt hard (improved as in he is scoring goals, his performances have been middling to poor still)

Ashley in my opinion is a waste of a shirt at the minute and has been for a while

would we miss either of them?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:17:03 AM by Dave »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I知 retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: sorry lads for starting this
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 01:23:23 AM »
Like both of them. very glad that Downing is being offered a longer contract.  Think that the comment about Ash going is a kite being flown and it is up to Villa to make it clear to raiders that he is our player.  Last time I looked he was saying he was happy to be a Villa player.

Offline villan1975

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:29:49 AM »
Ash's effort has been second to none this season whatever the reason.Whatever the end product if the rest of the team put in the same effort we would be well out the shit.We need to keep our best players so sssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 01:34:11 AM »
Ash's effort has been second to none this season whatever the reason.Whatever the end product if the rest of the team put in the same effort we would be well out the shit.We need to keep our best players so sssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

jesus wept

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 01:50:08 AM »
hey madirish - you want to get rid of Downing and Ash?

Mad....definitely

Irish...well, I'm not going further because of ethnic issues - and family issues...because I still want to go on holiday this year to get together with the cousins and friends in the SW again...!

But seriously about the players.   WHY?  Every time I've watched the villa this season Downing and Ash have been our stand-out players.  I don't want them to go!  Either of them!

I realise that this might not be the reaction to your post that you were expecting.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:57:58 AM »
hey madirish - you want to get rid of Downing and Ash?

Mad....definitely

Irish...well, I'm not going further because of ethnic issues - and family issues...because I still want to go on holiday this year to get together with the cousins and friends in the SW again...!

But seriously about the players.   WHY?  Every time I've watched the villa this season Downing and Ash have been our stand-out players.  I don't want them to go!  Either of them!

not at all, its in the papers today

Young is going, is he not free in the summer, or only has a year to run - hasn't signed a deal yet

Downing, as i said scoring wise has done better this season

if they are our "stand out players" that probably explains why we are in a relegation battle?

i wish this season woud end now, so we can be safe

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 02:12:51 AM »
I must admit there is something that makes me agree with the notion that the best result for villa would be the season ending now! But then I think that we could win a few of the games coming up and end up in the top 6.  Looking at the totals it's possible!

As for where we are now, I still say that D&Y are superb players and that it is not solely down to them that we are only 2 places above the relegation zone. Everybody has had bad days at the office.  It's up to GH to 'go do that voodoo that he does so well...' to quote the song.

Offline nico2708

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 02:27:55 AM »
all this talk of ash moving on has been going on for ages, ash has said that he will sit down and discuss at the end of the seson not before, you know that i know that even my dad knows that and he aint been up the villa since the 70's

we are going to have it in the papers day after day week after week that he will be leaving but i'm sure the club will do everything they can too keep him and show him we have ambition

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 02:31:27 AM »
I must admit there is something that makes me agree with the notion that the best result for villa would be the season ending now! But then I think that we could win a few of the games coming up and end up in the top 6.  Looking at the totals it's possible!

As for where we are now, I still say that D&Y are superb players and that it is not solely down to them that we are only 2 places above the relegation zone. Everybody has had bad days at the office.  It's up to GH to 'go do that voodoo that he does so well...' to quote the song.

louzie ash hasnt been a "superb" player for a while now (if ever tbh)- in my opinion since MON called him world class against everton and THAT goal

the problem is ALL OF ASTON VILLA "has had bad days at the office" since August 2010

thats why if we got money for any of them i would take it

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 02:43:22 AM »
You would sell the entire squad?

good grief!

Madirish I had no idea....you're going for a radical re-model.  Total respect for vision.

When you get your millions+, who would you get in first?

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 02:56:02 AM »
You would sell the entire squad?

good grief!

Madirish I had no idea....you're going for a radical re-model.  Total respect for vision.

When you get your millions+, who would you get in first?

well for a start Lou

think of the team we could build when we get millions for our "superb" players in ash and downing

who would you not sell?

obv bent, moukon and bradley are exempt....

go ahead then smarthole

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
why are bent, makoun and bradley exempt?

Seems to me we have a blank page. Given the posts up to this.

oooh!  who to choose....thinking thinking thinking

well

I think I'd go for Ashley Young.  And then, Stuart Downing.
And we might need Emile Heskey (cos I like him) and and and ....a goalkeeper would be good...and...

why not all the players that we have who are (goodness knows) terrifically good?

I don't share your pessimism but I will defend to the death your right to have it.

Ooops - perhaps wrong constitution...

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 03:33:48 AM »
actually now enjoying the thread about film stars with Shellac and Bentman!
Madirish, life is...well, life!

luv Lou

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »
Mods can you move this to the "Childrens Corner" PLEASE? or " I have come home pissed and I will go and start a thread" section!

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
Downing has been OK this season. Nothing more. He is a winger that can't cross the ball which is always a bit annoying. Plus when he's bad he's infuriating to watch.

Young is a class act but has been totally ineffective all season due to being played out of position. Why neither KMac, Houllier or seemingly Young himself have seen this I really don't know.

Keep them both BUT PLAY ASHLEY ON THE LEFT

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal