collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by simon ward 50
[Today at 01:43:06 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by LeeS
[Today at 01:26:24 PM]

NSWE Investment by FrankyH
[Today at 01:25:27 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:06:15 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sponsorship withdrawal ?  (Read 40863 times)

Online Chico Hamilton III

Re: Sponsorship withdrawal ?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 01:52:08 PM »
£3.5m a season

Now we've got Sidwell and Carew's wages off our books, we could play without a sponsor next season and be not much worse off?

I'd love us not to have a shirt spnsor

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 01:55:08 PM »
Never really loked the look of the shirts.  Although the away one isn't too bad.

The socks are what bug me more than anything

Much prefer Adidas styling anyway though of course it is a matter of opinion

The Acorns logo was distinctive and had a simplicty to it - now we are just like any other team

And how I would love the all white kit back with claret and blue trim - that is what I grew up with my Villa teams playing in away from home...

Offline gav-avfc

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 02:16:47 PM »
get rid of fxpro and have acorns just under the badge and no sponsor. like the man city 3rd kit.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 02:17:19 PM »
That looks horrible.

Offline Barney74

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 02:26:46 PM »
Here's a mad idea: how about if Nike occupy the soon-to-be-vacant sponsorship space on next season's shirt, paying the Club the same as FXPro plus a sweetner by way of recompense for the merchandise supply fiasco this season (which probably has had some effect on FxPro's decision to scarper after one season). This would leave a gap where the manufacturer logo would normally go- but they could put an Acorns logo there. Probable result: more goodwill towards Nike from Villa supporters; Nike pull their finger out when it comes to supplying the shops with our kit; increased sales of Villa kits due to them being available ALL SEASON LONG and increased exposure for Acorns once again.

If that scenario played out I might even become a bit more pro-Nike- it'd be nice to see them giving a toss.

Nice idea, son.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 02:37:19 PM »
One idea would be to get rid of branded supplier like Nike etc and have local company make the kit for the Villa and create its own label/brand.   Villa is a big enough brand to sell the shirts.   Also I would sell the shirt sponsorship to local firms on a match by match basis with Acorns getting 6 or 7 games a season to keep them on the radar.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 02:45:01 PM »
One idea would be to get rid of branded supplier like Nike etc and have local company make the kit for the Villa and create its own label/brand.   Villa is a big enough brand to sell the shirts.   Also I would sell the shirt sponsorship to local firms on a match by match basis with Acorns getting 6 or 7 games a season to keep them on the radar.

I'm sure Villa tried to do something along those lines with the Henson kit of mid-eighties.  Henson were Icelandic, admittedly, but I'm sure Villa had some kind of interest in the business.  The net result was the worst kit of my Villa supporting life - there wasn't even a badge on it - and, of course, relegation.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 02:53:07 PM »

I'm sure Villa tried to do something along those lines with the Henson kit of mid-eighties.  Henson were Icelandic, admittedly, but I'm sure Villa had some kind of interest in the business.  The net result was the worst kit of my Villa supporting life - there wasn't even a badge on it - and, of course, relegation.
Well  tried it once - lets give up.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »
I think it's going to be tough but we have to struggle on.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 03:46:50 PM »
I don't consider this a slight on us at all.  Just because the two deals were worth £3.5m doesn't mean they were comparable - it seems to me Fulham have given them much more bang for their buck. 

The advert on the Craven cottage stadium alone is incredibly valuable, as anyone who has flown into Heathrow from the East will tell you.

Plus they're in London, so for the entertaining, PR, corporate hospitality they get as part of the deal they have the dubious draw of the capital.

A strong end to the season and I don't doubt for minute we'll have plenty of people interested.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 03:55:49 PM »
I'm pleased as we can get rid of those red and white adverts all along the Trinity Stand.

Not too fussed about the sponsor as long as they have adverts in Claret and Blue

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 04:07:35 PM »

With all due respect, that sounds like something a pub team would do.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 04:18:14 PM »
With all due respect, that sounds like something a pub team would do

Albion did it last season

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 04:20:15 PM »
Never really loked the look of the shirts.  Although the away one isn't too bad.

The socks are what bug me more than anything

Much prefer Adidas styling anyway though of course it is a matter of opinion

The Acorns logo was distinctive and had a simplicty to it - now we are just like any other team

And how I would love the all white kit back with claret and blue trim - that is what I grew up with my Villa teams playing in away from home...

We were always going to struggle this year playing in claret socks.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 04:30:41 PM »
That Henson yellow away kit fetches big money now
Ironic as we played the shittest football I've seen from a villa side in that strip

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal