collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: newcastle game moved  (Read 11557 times)

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
Re: newcastle game moved
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 06:25:26 AM »
Whilst I'm firmly in the anti-Sky camp, this is a God send for me. My blues supporting mate organised his stag trip for the Saturday so I'm happy this has now been moved.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 08:12:20 AM »
Oh the irony - the number of people who use sky as an excuse to no longer visit Villa Park only to choose instead to watch our games on sky.

Offline davevillan

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 08:26:46 AM »
Well, that does it for me. I have become increasingly disillusioned with this charade of a "sport", and have been thinking for some time whether I want to carry on paying good money just to be a crowd scene "extra" for a TV programme. So, regretfully, Villa and I will be parting company at the end of this season until sanity returns and games are held on days and at times to suit the paying customer - in the same way that other forms of entertainment have to.

I await the inevitable invective and cries of "Good riddance", etc, and that of course is your right so to do. I have made my mind up.
Why has this game made you stop wanting to go to Villa?
We will always have games moved for tv, if it wasnt this game, it would be another.
I cant go to this one now as ive already got plans for that Sunday, its how it is these days.
Maybe you don't have children,  social commitments, lives far from VP,  etc.....

The Villa have no choice but to make the changes but the fans, yes the fans of their club they support,  can exercise their choices. It doesnt make them less of a supporter.    I guess it depends on how old you are.  For us old fogees changes and not playing at 3pm is pretty frustrating.

Rant over.  This is reality when you sell your soul to the devil. The FA Cup is the latest to fall from grace.   Guess us proper fans will be here to pick up the pieces if the pay TV model crashes and burns one day.

UTV
Tony, i dont have kids, but living on the south coast makes it a treck for me., and a pain when i have to get to VP for a lunchtime KO.
I just find it strange to use this game being moved as an excuse to stop going to Villa thats all. We all know know that during the season games will be moved for tv, why wait for one to be moved and then say im not going anymore?
Oh, and im old enough to have gone regular to sat 3pm ko's as well :-)

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 08:30:40 AM »
Aw shite. Daughters Christening that day. My girlfriend actually told me that she'd looked at our fixtures when she booked it. I knew then it was too early for the sky fixtures to be confirmed.

Oh well she'll be too young to know I wasn't there !

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
I, for one, am very pleased with this move as I'm at the Grand National on the Saturday and I thought I would have missed this game.

Offline clogger

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »
We'll be missing that now - flying to Spain on the Sunday - booked Sunday to Sunday because of the Saturday match.

Still - will be sitting in a beach bar by 4pm on the Sunday with drink in hand watching Villa on TV

Could be worse I suppose  8)

Offline Brisbane Villan

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 11:36:36 AM »
The Newcastle game will be my first trip to Villa Park for 42 years so moving it to Sunday dosnt bother me .   Strangley enough, the last game I saw before coming down under was Hereford United v Newcastle in the famous FA Cup replay of 1972.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »
Not a bad game to leave the country to!

Offline Brisbane Villan

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 12:08:02 PM »
Yes, you could say it was exciting, if Radfords shot had gone just over the bar it would of smacked me in the head.     My main memory is of the Meadow End giving Malcolm McDonald heaps.   Super Mac,  Superstar.

Offline DBTW

• http://fansunite.17.forumer.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
This was our charity collection day for My challenge and Acorns.

I have 10 collectors organised and we were travelling down to Brighton straight after the game for the marathon the next day.

I can honestly say im not fussed about the game being moved, but I am deeply upset about losing the best part of a few grand I was planning on raising for Acorns.

If anyone wants to do it for me, I have 10 tickets for collectors?

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
Good news, more money for the club!

Yeah too right. Fuck the inconvenience caused to all those who have to change their plans or who can no longer make the games.

I fucking hate the way football is seemingly run for the benefit of Murdoch and co these days.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 01:38:45 PM »
All Sky does is inflate the cost and sustain the crazy money in football - the subscriptions directly go to pay vast wages, they do nothing to bring financial stability to our club or the wider game. Not a penny from Sky has ever subsidised a match ticket. The downside is fans are secondary - Sky have it almost as a philosophy to ignore the existence of supporters in stadiums in commentary, it's only the armchair fan who matters. That extends to the way they rearrange fixtures far too late. For those supporters relying on pre-booking on trains/planes (in a recession) or making family/work arrangements, it's a regular headache.

This.

Sky money = Cheaper tickets? Not for me.

You can bet they didn't pay for Bent either - That was Randy or at least Arab millions received for Milner.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal