collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 08:33:01 PM]

[Today at 08:31:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by danno
[Today at 08:31:22 PM]

Re: Pre-season 2024/25 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:31:16 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 08:30:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by London Villan
[Today at 08:29:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:29:13 PM]

[Today at 08:28:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: newcastle game moved  (Read 11554 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: newcastle game moved
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
Not great news for the Geordies either - this is what pisses me off about the modern game - the fans considerations  coming last.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
Well, that does it for me. I have become increasingly disillusioned with this charade of a "sport", and have been thinking for some time whether I want to carry on paying good money just to be a crowd scene "extra" for a TV programme. So, regretfully, Villa and I will be parting company at the end of this season until sanity returns and games are held on days and at times to suit the paying customer - in the same way that other forms of entertainment have to.

I await the inevitable invective and cries of "Good riddance", etc, and that of course is your right so to do. I have made my mind up.
Why has this game made you stop wanting to go to Villa?
We will always have games moved for tv, if it wasnt this game, it would be another.
I cant go to this one now as ive already got plans for that Sunday, its how it is these days.
Maybe you don't have children,  social commitments, lives far from VP,  etc.....

The Villa have no choice but to make the changes but the fans, yes the fans of their club they support,  can exercise their choices. It doesnt make them less of a supporter.    I guess it depends on how old you are.  For us old fogees changes and not playing at 3pm is pretty frustrating.

Rant over.  This is reality when you sell your soul to the devil. The FA Cup is the latest to fall from grace.   Guess us proper fans will be here to pick up the pieces if the pay TV model crashes and burns one day.

UTV

Offline nuninho

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »
Most logical thing to do is publish TV fixtures at start of season.  Sell season tickets from that day, and let fans decide if they want to buy a ticket.

No-one can complain that fixtures have been changed short notice or not...

Only time fixtures should change or be arranged at short notice are for when there's been bad weather or a team is in a replay.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 11:04:11 PM »
I don't understand the fuss, I would rather have games at different times, abit of variety is more exciting.

I can now spend all weekend with my daughter until 3 o'clock Sunday after noon, rather than not be able to have a day out Saturday because of football.

We have one of the best Stadiums with THE best pitch and we do not get ripped off with our tickets. We have also just forked out a fortune for a new striker, so if a few games get moved for TV I'm happy because this is helping keep the cost of supporting Villa down relative to the rest of the league.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »
We have one of the best Stadiums with THE best pitch and we do not get ripped off with our tickets. We have also just forked out a fortune for a new striker, so if a few games get moved for TV I'm happy because this is helping keep the cost of supporting Villa down relative to the rest of the league.

I've looked at that from all angles and it still make no sense,. Unless, of course, we're the only club in the league who get paid for being on TV.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 11:14:23 PM »
Well, that does it for me. I have become increasingly disillusioned with this charade of a "sport", and have been thinking for some time whether I want to carry on paying good money just to be a crowd scene "extra" for a TV programme. So, regretfully, Villa and I will be parting company at the end of this season until sanity returns and games are held on days and at times to suit the paying customer - in the same way that other forms of entertainment have to.

I await the inevitable invective and cries of "Good riddance", etc, and that of course is your right so to do. I have made my mind up.
I for one will not criticise you, i gave my ST up for the same reason, football  and the airlines are 2 industries that believe thay can treat thier custmers like shit and get away with it

Offline TonyD

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 11:16:52 PM »
I don't understand the fuss, I would rather have games at different times, abit of variety is more exciting.

I can now spend all weekend with my daughter until 3 o'clock Sunday after noon, rather than not be able to have a day out Saturday because of football.

I think the word relative in terms of prices is very relative in terms of what people can afford these days.  Us Villa fans are very price sensitive AND a bit fickle (yes we are) when it comes to results and/or the quality of football. I have seen this since '79.  £20/30 specials to go down with the kids is still a lot of money for a lot of people in Brum today.  That said if we are challenging realistic for something, or really struggling the fans come out in force.  At the moment we is are the middle. god forbid we lose the next two games, the crowds might go up.

Offline myf

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 11:30:37 PM »
Arse! My two kids' baptism that day.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2011, 11:31:39 PM »

I've looked at that from all angles and it still make no sense,. Unless, of course, we're the only club in the league who get paid for being on TV.

The more you are on TV the more you get from Sky.

On this forum I've read how people want top players, cheap tickets and kick off at 3 every Saturday, something has to give.

We have just spent 18million on Bent and have reasonable ST prices compared to the rest of the league.

So if different kick off times increases our turnover, helping keep our ST Prices reasonable I'm not too fussed.

Online gti2win

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2011, 11:42:42 PM »

On this forum I've read how people want top players, cheap tickets and kick off at 3 every Saturday, something has to give.

We have just spent 18million on Bent and have reasonable ST prices compared to the rest of the league.

So if different kick off times increases our turnover, helping keep our ST Prices reasonable I'm not too fussed.

Totally agree shrek, i live a 3 hour round trip away, so a fair bit of travelling comes with my season ticket, and the odd match moved can be frustrating especially if they are moved to midweek evening games for me, but goes with the territory and aslong as season ticket prices are kept reasonable and we are able to invest in players like bent etc, if sky paydays help with that then the odd 3pm saturday match movement is no big deal for me.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2011, 11:57:17 PM »

By this logic Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal would have the cheapest tickets in the league.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 12:11:51 AM »

By this logic Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal would have the cheapest tickets in the league.

Exactly DW.  We are not any of the above at the moment.  Villa and our local support base are still very price sensitive despite the fact we are cheaper that others the PL.  We will always be like this.  Just because we are cheaper to other clubs doesnt mean its good value.

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 01:08:38 AM »
All Sky does is inflate the cost and sustain the crazy money in football - the subscriptions directly go to pay vast wages, they do nothing to bring financial stability to our club or the wider game. Not a penny from Sky has ever subsidised a match ticket. The downside is fans are secondary - Sky have it almost as a philosophy to ignore the existence of supporters in stadiums in commentary, it's only the armchair fan who matters. That extends to the way they rearrange fixtures far too late. For those supporters relying on pre-booking on trains/planes (in a recession) or making family/work arrangements, it's a regular headache.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 01:19:43 AM »
Not a penny from Sky has ever subsidised a match ticket.

This should be carved in stone at every football ground.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 01:46:22 AM »
Nothing pisses me off more about the modern game that the moving of games to a Sunday - it does my head in.

So much f***ing hassle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal