collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - Falling out of love with NEUTRAL football  (Read 31542 times)

Offline taylorsworkrate

Re: 0% Villa - Falling out of love with NEUTRAL football
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2011, 05:40:03 AM »
Does anyone feel that their growing antipathy for football is a consequence of getting older? That even if the game had not changed at all you would still be less enthusiastic about it? That what is happening is that you're yearning for your lost youth?

I accept that there is a lot that is wrong with the game but I can remember my dad's generation moaning about footballers all being too soft, earning too much money and looking like girls back in the 70s.

I take your point Chris, but i'm 24 and am becoming more and more disillusioned with the game.  Maybe it's part jealousy at Men of a similar age making vast amounts of money and the lifestyle that can bring. 

I think it has got to a point where there is far too much wrong with the game to be able to appreciate its remaining good points.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »
I hate the brainwashing of sky punditry - i have followed football for 40 years - i do not need Jamie cuntflap or some other washed up ex player telling me what was a good pass or good save - i fucking know.
I hate the bias towards the clubs that have the most money
The inane stats that Tyldlsey and co come out with
The wankfest that has been Man United since the premiership began
The England team when new kids play and do well yet everyone knows if it was a proper game the likes of Terry , Rooney, Lampard, Stevie me et all all trot up as they know they will play
I hate the way average players earn so much money yet swan around like total wankers
I am sick of being spoon fed supamegadupersunday matches that are usually boring as hell
Champs league - just worng on so many levels - the first round where they might as well save the pitch and just give the seeded teams money, because thats all it is

It died for me on 3 fronts a long time ago

1/ The Cantona incident (I have mentioned this a good few times over the years) the bias shown towards that ****** and united was sickening - he jumped into the crowd and assaulted a fan in front of watching millions and kids - in the end it was spun that the guy who abused him was being racial and the fa waited for Fergiecunt to ban him as they did not have the bottle (and what made it worse was at the end of the season when united missed out Fergie blamed the FA!!!). Now before anyone offers a counter arguement imagine if that was Vinny Jones, Julian Dicks, Denis Wise et al - they would have been banned for life , and rightly so.
How dare they claim that it was racial so the twat was justified to jump into the crowd in football boots - how the hell must some of the black players have felt with the dogs abuse they got over the years yet they showed total dignity - just because it was them fucking lot up the road they got off with it.

2/ The year that our very own GH won three trophies at 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' - yet they all claimed the biggest win that year was to finish 4th and the chumps league - the day money overtook honour, glory and silverware

3/ When we played United in an FA cup game at vp - KO time 7pm on a sunday night - showed me then that the fa and TV do not give a flying shit about fans - in fact i now feel that fans are merely a sound backdrop to the live game - and if need be they can always edit sound on to it if needed

I am begining to really hate football - i have 2 mates who are noses and they followed them for years home and away through all the years of shit - they started to miss games (their first season in the prem did it) and they said how easy it is to give up going - i could never understand them - I pay £800 per year for my golf membership and you know i really am starting to see their point (Must be bad as i get paid to watch the villa!!)

The problem is  - if we win on Satirday i am back in love again!!!  I must be fickle  :-[

Offline Klaus Katt

« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2011, 09:11:42 AM »
Professional football - like every business - tends to be false and distant. The freaks are an endangered species. If they are not invited to the party, you might just as well go to bed early.

Offline london lion

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2011, 09:06:16 PM »
I live in S.E London and last saturday because villa had no game i decided to take my two lads along to the valley to watch Charlton v Exeter City,it was a fiver in anywhere in the ground and they pulled in a crowd of 25/26k
The game from a Charlton perspective as desperate,they were shambolic at the back and ended up getting gubbed 3-1
The whole day cost me £20,we got to see a bit of football and at the end i didnt feel lousy cause it had been villa who had lost
I love football and will generally watch anything,obviously Villa are always the number one for me and i will make the journey up to brum this saturday again.
But i got to admit i did enjoy the game at Charlton and on tuesday 1st march im going to see them play against Carlisle.
Well,for a fiver again why not eh ?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Injolienair:)st
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
I thought Salifou was on £2,000 a week? He would have to stay at Villa for at least ten years to becoming a millionaire... Assuming he never spent any money.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2011, 10:56:31 AM »
Football clubs, players, FIFA, UEFA, The FA and TV networks all prey on our addiction to the national sport. They'll all fleece us as much as possible until a significant majority turn their back on the game. And that is never going to happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal