collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa: Peter Crouch, Flat track bully or top quality?  (Read 13249 times)

Offline peter w

Re: 0% Villa: Peter Crouch, Flat track bully or top quality?
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2011, 12:06:50 AM »
I thought that it was right to get rid of him when we did. At the time he was our 4th choice striker behind Angel, vassell (?), and Allback. Angel had also just notched 20 goals the season before so there was no reason to suggest that things would be different.

I think it also clouds our memories over Cahill. We've seen that Crouch went on to better things and keep using Cahill as a stick to beat the club with. Even though for all his links to CL teams he's still with the club we sold him to.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2011, 01:00:06 AM »
for me, getting rid of Cahill and Crouch was wrong/ ill concieved, allthough the reasons were different, both players would be welcome additions to our squad right now. Both players seem to have something in common which is attitude and they have a good attitude,

Offline Willie Anderson

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »
Always rated him, a Stretch Bergkamp was my thoughts at the time, backed him to score almost every game, was always about 8/1 or 9/1 made a small fortune out of him. £80 @ Bolton, £90 @ Middlesboro, & £120 @ Chelsea are the definites I can remember.

Though I do remember the absolute sitter he missed at Southampton as well ;-)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal