collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pravda: F.A. Youth Cup Live Leeds v Villa  (Read 10010 times)

Offline cheltenhamlion

Re: Pravda: F.A. Youth Cup Live Leeds v Villa
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:25 AM »
If its midweek, and I can do it, are you getting a table again DC5? If so, can I bring Charlie to his first game?

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 09:20:13 AM »
Watched this last night and to be honest was not too impressed by what I saw.  Other then Daniel Johnson, who was head and shoulders above anyone else on the field, I thought there was nothing between the teams.  As the OS says we probably shaded the first half but in the second half I thought Leeds were much more determined and aggressive than us and possibly looked fitter, thereby having us on the back foot most of the time until we got the dead ball situation for the first goal 5 minutes from time.

I hope I am wrong but other than Johnson I do not think many will make it to PL level.

Yes but we beat Leeds fredm and you know what that means to those of us who live up here.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
Went to this last night. It was a tight game and we scored a couple of scrappy goals late on so, as has previously been mentioned, not exactly a dominant display.
I'm sorry but I don't know the names of the players but I'm presuming Johnson was the no 10 & skipper who did indeed look very skilful and a cut above the rest although perhaps a bit too inclined to try something flash when something simple would do the trick. The other midfielder, no 4 looked good, tough in the tackle and committed. I was impressed with the centre back no 5 who again was very committed in the tackle, strong and looked composed on the ball, although this did lead to him giving the ball away in a dangerous position when he was a bit too composed. The no 7 also looked good, pacy and full of tricks, perhaps lacking a bit in delivery but then again a few no 7s in the first team have been like that over the years!
All in all an entertaining evening although could easily have gone the other way. It was bloody freezing as well so pleased it didn't go to extra time!

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 01:05:12 PM »
Just had a Leeds fan in complaining about the match. Nice!

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »
Where will the Boro game be played - B6 ? Bescott ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal