collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 09:50:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:50:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:48:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:47:19 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 09:46:41 PM]

[Today at 09:46:13 PM]

[Today at 09:44:12 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% Villa - an arrestable offence?  (Read 9644 times)

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
Re: 0% Villa - an arrestable offence?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2011, 12:10:01 AM »
Given that the entire economy of Crawley depends, directly or indirectly, on Gatwick airport I would argue that their supporters have a cultural right to identify with the aviation industry.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2011, 12:23:59 AM »
For all we know he may have been filmed whilst warning fellow citizens of Crawley of a dangerously low-flying aircraft.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
I should imagine the police had no choice but to get involved. If someone makes a complaint, they have to, surely?

Damned if they do...

I'd say the kid's just a bit thick really and is probably regretting his actions now.

Of course they have a choice. Just imagine what the country would be like if they arrested everyone who a complaint was made against. I'd never be out of the station.

Don't forget your answering bail next week Chris.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
I think what i'm trying to say, is that if someone has done something offensive, like our mate in this video has, and there is evidence, and a complaint, they probably have to.

D.boy?

I know what i'm trying to say anyway.

That's correct. Years ago the police wouldn't have entertained the idea of getting involved with this sort of thing however over recent years in an attempt to try and win the public confidence they have been dealing with the most trivial of stuff. The home office made the changes to recording crimes etc so now every incident that is reported to police and is recorded on an incident log is scrutinised by a desk jockey and if it appears there has been an offence then the log will not be closed without a crime number. That crime is then allocated to an investigating officer (usually a P.C.) until it is finalised.
We are under pressure to hit targets re crimes detected so easy detections like this will be dealt with thoroughly.

5 or 6 years ago - You imagine 2 drunks having a bit of fisticuffs on a Friday night, police get called and speak to both parties who both have split lips. Neither party wants to make a complaint of assault so details of both are taken and they are sent on their way. Log updated with details and closed as "no complaint/allegations.
Same scenario now - both parties arrested on suspicion of assault and put in a cell overnight. Both are interviewed the following morning (if there are no independant witnesses or cctv footage) and neither wants to make a complaint of assault. Both are either charged with public order offence/affray/drunk and disorderly or released no futher action.

It will be interesting to see what changes are made following the incoming cutbacks. I can see the police moving away from the trivial stuff to concentrate on the real crime (I hope) and when the public ring about
"my neighbours cat keeps crapping in my garden" they will be told ... Sorry but that's not a police matter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal