collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer rumours, speculation and out-and-out b*ll*cks.  (Read 2717527 times)

Offline spangley1812

Re: Summer transfer rumours.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »
This is depressingly familiar - selling our best midfielder each summer. No wonder were in the bottom half.

I don't think he's our best midfielder and I think if he left we could cope comfortably without him

I Agree 110 %

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 12:38:54 PM »
This is depressingly familiar - selling our best midfielder each summer. No wonder were in the bottom half.

I don't think he's our best midfielder and I think if he left we could cope comfortably without him

I Agree 110 %

Thirded, except I think we would be better, rather than cope comfortably.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 12:41:04 PM »
the way we are shoehorning him into the side at the moment, i would prefer for him to be sold and we pick up someone who can actually stay on his feet long enough to play in the hole supporting the striker..

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »

It would send out all the wrong signals about us as a club. Three years in a row losing a 'star'. The heady days of 08/09 seem so long ago now.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »
Carrick or Brown in part exchange for Young? Good god, that's sounds even more depressing than Howard Webb being our best referee.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 01:21:12 PM »

It would send out all the wrong signals about us as a club. Three years in a row losing a 'star'. The heady days of 08/09 seem so long ago now.

Who cares what signal it sends out, We've had 5 years of Young, 2 very good 3 average. He's not  very good at playing in the position he's playing in now so lets get someone in to play there that can. He needs to be on the wing.

if he's not going to sign a new deal then sell, we'll make a profit anyways. No way would Man U or Spurs play him in the position he's playing in now

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 01:37:40 PM »
If i could replace anyone at the club this summer it would be Gary McAllister, i don't really have any proof, but can't help having an inkling that he's behind our terrible defensive performances this year.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »
If i could replace anyone at the club this summer it would be Gary McAllister, i don't really have any proof, but can't help having an inkling that he's behind our terrible defensive performances this year.

We were brilliant at Newcastle before he joined.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
If we do sell Ash, I'd rather we just got money and not a player swap deal.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
If we do sell Ash, I'd rather we just got money and not a player swap deal.

I think that will be the case, we have learned our lesson when it comes to swap deals.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
I'd take Carrick, wont happen though, he wont come to us

Offline villa1

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 05:50:35 PM »

I would agree with you, but I don't think he's good enough to be placed in the same 'selling our best player' category as Barry and Milner.

Barry and Milner were both playing well and it was clear to everyone that we were selling our best player each time (whether we should have done is a different argument). In Young we would be cashing in on a player who has performed averagely over the last few years and only matches the other two in work rate at the moment. Yes, abilitywise he is better, but we haven't seen evidence of that on a consistent basis for a while.

Let him go and reinvest. Nzogbia or someone like that. And let's not forget the likes of Bannan and Albrighton coming through.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »
Our main target should be a left winger in the summer, Gerrard obviously thinks Ash and Downing aren't good enough....

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 06:00:01 PM »
Our main target should be a left winger in the summer, Gerrard obviously thinks Ash and Downing aren't good enough....

He doesn't want us to play with conventional wingers, people need to get beyond this 1970s ideas of how to set up a side.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
If he were to go, I hope and pray that we focus on bringing in two class fullbacks and a keeper as priority (I'm assuming that Walker is not currently going to be with us next season).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal