collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer rumours, speculation and out-and-out b*ll*cks.  (Read 2718168 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: Summer transfer rumours.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 10:15:10 AM »
Milner is not coming back, get over him

No to Gibson he is shite, in fact man U's midfield is shite, Nani is there star man, I know a utd fan who goes he said he is sick of seing other teams dominate the midfield especially at Mould trafford.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »
Edit - Wrong thread. Double edit - might as well post it here as well:

Young would be a big hit at Man Utd. For starters, he'd do what he's told by Fergie. He wouldn't think he was the best player in the team. And his falling-over and backchat antics would go rewarded by referees the moment he pulls on a red shirt.

The sooner he realises he's a Villa player - with all the limits on his game that it entails - and that he's paid to do what we tell him, the better for all of us until he inevitably goes. Which he will.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:21:49 AM by Jimbo »

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 10:24:19 AM »
What I'm saying chris , is we are only going to get about £12m cash for ash due to his contract having a year left, therefore it may be better value to do a player plus cash deal with whoever,fergie I'm sure rates his players but would be prepared to do a deal with certain ones as I'm sure would redknapp.

Personally I would try and get walker as part of any deal with spurs but I think ash may well have 3 or clubs in for him .

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
If we are going to sell him then the more teams that are in for him the better. A bidding war to get the price up (to at least £15 million, preferably) would be nice.

Of the clubs that have been linked with him, I don't think Man U have any players, that they would be willing to sell, who would be any good for us. O'Shea maybe, but isn't he on about £125,000 a week?

From Spurs I would take any or a combination of Walker, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, Lennon and maybe Cudicini (although I wouldn't expect him to count as more than £500,000 worth of the fee). If Harry decides to keep Walker, I wouldn't mind Hutton. I know some on here don't like him but I think he's class.

From Man City I would love Milner back, and I don't see it as impossible. Man City won't sell to a rival... we are probably a more attractive proposition than any of the other 'non-rival' clubs to Jimmy. I reckon he's on about £100,000 a week and I reckon we would be willing to pay him £80,000 a week. Depends on who Man City's manager is whether he becomes available or not. Wouldn't mind Johnson, Adebayor, Lescott or Given either. No to Shaun Wright-Phillips though... maybe five years ago.

From Liverpool... I don't really know any of their players any more. I like Kuyt and Meireles but I doubt they'd be available.

Conclusion: if we are looking for a player/s-plus-cash deal, go with Man City or Spurs. If we have to sell to Man U or Liverpool... wring every penny we can out of them.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2011, 11:02:31 AM »
This is depressingly familiar - selling our best midfielder each summer. No wonder were in the bottom half.

Offline eastie

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 11:05:38 AM »
Spurs do have a few players we could bargain over it's true but as for a bidding war I think with the fact he has a year left on his deal teams are not going to pay over the odds , they know we either sell or lose him for nothing so I think £12m would be about it.

Again , I would love milner but do not think he would want to leave city where the champions league and beyond awaits and he's on a great contract , he was well aware he wouldn't play every game there and only last week was saying how much he's loving it , I do not think he would leave there anytime soon.

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 11:09:03 AM »
we'll end up with 8m + obatan, ffs  :(

Offline eastie

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 11:12:01 AM »
Be careful -Many a true word was said in jest wikivilla!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »
Spurs do have a few players we could bargain over it's true but as for a bidding war I think with the fact he has a year left on his deal teams are not going to pay over the odds , they know we either sell or lose him for nothing so I think £12m would be about it.

Again , I would love milner but do not think he would want to leave city where the champions league and beyond awaits and he's on a great contract , he was well aware he wouldn't play every game there and only last week was saying how much he's loving it , I do not think he would leave there anytime soon.

He won't love it so much if they get a new manager in who deems him surplus to requirements. I doubt Mancini will be there in August, their performances will be too negative to satisfy the Sheikh.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »
Dream on he'll accept such a fall in wages "for the love of the club" it just wont happen.

Offline eastie

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
Spot on lovejoy.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:36 PM »
Dream on he'll accept such a fall in wages "for the love of the club" it just wont happen.

So, hypathetically... a new manager comes in who doesn't like Milner and wants him out. Man City decide not to sell him to a rival club. Where would Milner go? Cardiff?

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 12:07:29 PM »

Either he signs a new contract, or he moves on in the summer.

He is talked up a lot in the national press, and after wens will probably have a few more admiring clubs.

If he goes, a straight foward cash purcchase, and the go and but N'zogbia/Honda.Plenty of good up and coming wide players/footballers out there atm, so i don't think he would be that great a loss.

Would'nt have Milner back, or Gibson or Obertan tbh, although i think he might grow into being a good player.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
This is depressingly familiar - selling our best midfielder each summer. No wonder were in the bottom half.

I don't think he's our best midfielder and I think if he left we could cope comfortably without him

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 12:30:58 PM »
I rate Carrick, but I wonder if after a couple of years at Man Utd where he won everything he's lost all his motivation.

Hope Ashley stays, if he does go I hope it isn't to Tottenham. I think he will be off though, reckon it'll be Liverpool or a suprise switch to Chelsea.

As for inbounds? Keeper, centre half (preferably 2), right back, left back and centre mid are needed. And an Ashley replacement if he does leave.

Atleast one centre half, right back and left back is the absolute minimum.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal