collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young - tell it how you see it  (Read 88441 times)

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
Re: Ashley Young - tell it how you see it
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2011, 05:54:07 PM »
extra 2 million added!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »
he still can't fucking take corners mind. What on earth happened there? He used to be brilliant.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2011, 09:48:30 AM »
And he's now doing that twattish 'Pointing to his name' thing when he scores for England as well as the Villa.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2011, 10:07:13 AM »
And he's now doing that twattish 'Pointing to his name' thing when he scores for England as well as the Villa.

He has been doing that for quite a while to be fair.  I don't read anything into it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2011, 11:11:11 AM »

He has been doing that for quite a while to be fair.  I don't read anything into it.

I do.  I see the actions of someone who's far too arrogant.  An 'It's all about me' attitude, rather than appreciating that in yesterday's example he wouldn't have even had the chance if it wasn't for Baines' brilliant knock down, or Milner's chip in to Baines before that.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »
It's just the way plenty of footballers are, whatever we may think of it.

At the end of the day, he's a really good footballer who has never put less than a bloody good shift in for Villa, and who has sprinkled that with the occasional moments of magic. Yes, we 'gave him his chance', and he has taken it and then some. He hasn't complained, bitched about the club or manager. I'd say he's done enough to earn a shot at the very top level, and enough for us not to be too bitter about it.
It's no surprise at all that Man Utd are interested, and especially at something of a knockdown price; they'll be keen to know, as I am if I'm honest about it, if he really does have another level in him.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2011, 12:51:07 PM »
It's just the way plenty of footballers are, whatever we may think of it.

At the end of the day, he's a really good footballer who has never put less than a bloody good shift in for Villa, and who has sprinkled that with the occasional moments of magic. Yes, we 'gave him his chance', and he has taken it and then some. He hasn't complained, bitched about the club or manager. I'd say he's done enough to earn a shot at the very top level, and enough for us not to be too bitter about it.
It's no surprise at all that Man Utd are interested, and especially at something of a knockdown price; they'll be keen to know, as I am if I'm honest about it, if he really does have another level in him.

Agree entirely.  Possibly the most naturally talented player we've had at villa for ten years imho.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2011, 01:05:26 PM »
I agree that he's been a good servant to the club and that he's quality, and i also agree that he looks a twat when he does that celebration, and that he's been doing that twattish thing for a while. It's a shame that we haven't done / aren't doing more as a club to keep the twat, as i would happily have virtually a team full of twats if it mean't winning the league. Man Utd have had bucket loads of twats over the past 20 years, so he'll fit right in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal