collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young - tell it how you see it  (Read 88423 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: Ashley Young - tell it how you see it
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »
Aston Villa should be playing 4-4 fucking 2

Ash left side midfield and Bent + another up front is how I see it

Offline luke95

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 10:14:01 AM »
Gloves and snood become a habit after  wearing them a few times and of course normal  stuff like suspicion comes into it. It they had a good match wearing those items than they are more likely to wear them  for that reason rather than actual climate needs.
If thats the case, Ash should be still wearing the 2008-9 kit becouse that was the last time he showed any consistency.

Since then he's been pretty average barring the odd game now & then .   

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »
Young would be a big hit at Man Utd. For starters, he'd do what he's told by Fergie. He wouldn't think he was the best player in the team. And his falling-over and backchat antics would go rewarded by referees the moment he pulls on a red shirt.

The sooner he realises he's a Villa player - with all the limits on his game that it entails - and that he's paid to do what we tell him, the better for all of us until he inevitably goes. Which he will.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
He needs to play as he did for England, which is to be attacking minded, but pass the ball when it needs to be passed.

I also noticed how Milner took the corners and, possibly, free-kicks on Wednesday, something Ashley wouldn't have let him do at Villa...

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 10:22:40 AM »

"Like"

But I think GH is planning an Arsenal-esque formation on us, which I could also get to "Like".

Offline eastie

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »
We will not go back to 442 and I like the new formation we are trying to play but it will take time to get the right players in the right position , hopefully by next summer we may become much better at it.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 10:38:27 AM »

"Like"

But I think GH is planning an Arsenal-esque formation on us, which I could also get to "Like".

I could go for that but not with Agbonlahor on left, Downing on right and Young behind Bent

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
We will not go back to 442 and I like the new formation we are trying to play but it will take time to get the right players in the right position , hopefully by next summer we may become much better at it.
Well its not rocket science is it.......Downing is left footed so he plays on the left, Gabby is right footed so he plays on the right. I would love to know what formation we are playing and his reasoning for playing 3/4 players out of position

Offline eastie

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »
If we are looking to play wide men to feed bent then albrighton should be in the team ahead of gabby , I really think we are trying to accomodate certain players at the moment until houllier gets more of his type players in the summer, the full backs are being defensively exposed too easily for my liking.

Also to play this system relies on players in defence being comfortable in possession and I'd expect at least one new central defender in the summer.

Offline villa1

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »

It's not quite that simple. The formation should be adaptable and change according to the opposition and the personel being used.

I manage a team myself.  If we're playing someone I think we should beat, i'll go with 2 up top. If we're playing someone who's going to give us a tough game i'll probably go 5 across the middle. Obviously it's not always that simple, but I don't have one formation that i stick too.

Eastie, Gibson is on a long term contract so as they can bring in more money for him should he be sold. I spoke to a couple of Utd fans when we were linked in January and they said we were welcome to him. They didn't rate him at all.

Back to Young...

Offline caster troy

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 11:02:59 AM »
I think he's a good player and we are weaker going forward without him, but he needs to be on the left wing and he should be taken off set piece duties.

We'd look a lot better with him on the left, Downing/Albrighton on the right and a less selfish attacking midfielder who can pick out a pass, ie. Bannan.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
I'd go for Adel Taarabt in the summer. A nice chunk of the Young money should do it!

Kranjcar has done more for spurs in 2 games than Ash has done all season. Provided the unexpected.

He confirmed on Wednesday he was a tit when the replay showed him hurling himself to the floor. Yesterday wasn't that cold.

Since Everton the guy has done fuck all, apart from scoring via a few over-hit crosses. I was all for putting Ash in the hole last year, this year we've tried it and it doesn't fecking work G.H.

Offline eastie

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 11:17:35 AM »
Taarabt certainly has that bit of creativity in him but whether he could do it at this level is open to question, I've been impressed watching him for qpr though.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 11:18:40 AM »
I would like i have said before wan't Ash moved out wide he was better out wide taking people on and getting balls in the box plus he used to take two players with him which left space for others to exploit.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »
I like Ashley, he cares, he works so hard, he has so much talent but we are failing to get the best out of him. He seems to have taken on the responsibility of running the team in attack whilst at the same time trying to take his own game to the next level. The problem is it's not working and he's rarely contributing the same kind of performances we've seen a couple of years ago. Somebody needs to sit him down and get him back playing with the orchestra rather than trying to conduct it. He'll still have the solo parts that will highlight his talent but more than anything, the whole team will be better for it.

If we fail to do it now, you can guarantee his next manager will and he'll be back to the player we all loved to see.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal