collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:49:35 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:47:56 AM]

Re: Fog stopped play by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:47:50 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rigadon
[Today at 08:45:22 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:41:55 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 08:41:45 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 08:40:49 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: is anybody else watching MOTD and wishing  (Read 7979 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
is anybody else watching MOTD and wishing
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:25:15 PM »
...that the villa had played better today?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: is anybody else watching MOTD and wishing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:28:06 PM »
This season, I have watched hardly any football other than our matches. I don't bother watching MOTD at all, I have got rid of Sky Sports so all that crap is also out the window.

I think it is mainly because we've been so poor, I don't want to watch other teams playing well, but to be honest, even if we have a good season next year, I think I'll carry on like this. Life's too short to spend much of it watching other teams playing football.

Offline b23

• GM : 02.09.2019
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 11:28:32 PM »
Im watching, but the Villa havent been on yet.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 11:48:08 PM »
I can't believe Blose moved the advertising hoardings closer to the touchlines to prevent Delap having a run up for his long throws!

As for villa, frustrating as ever. We have the makings of a great side once we get our defence sorted. We need a few wins soon though to avoid slipping back into the mire. until we reach 42 points or so I won't rest easy.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 11:55:48 PM »
nice to see Gabby's goal, though.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 11:58:11 PM »
This season, I have watched hardly any football other than our matches. I don't bother watching MOTD at all, I have got rid of Sky Sports so all that crap is also out the window.

I think it is mainly because we've been so poor, I don't want to watch other teams playing well, but to be honest, even if we have a good season next year, I think I'll carry on like this. Life's too short to spend much of it watching other teams playing football.

Same here Paulie, with the exception of the odd Barca game. It's Villa or nothing at the moment which is why it's so bloody frustrating. I really look forward to our games, I think we have a more than decent squad, I just fail to understand how we can't step it up a level. At the moment draws feel like defeats. I really don't like football at the moment.

Offline glasses

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 12:00:38 AM »

I think thats quite sad that you dont watch any other football. Especially as we have been so bad this season. You havent seen Rooneys goal this afternoon? The end to end madness at the Hawthorns? You wont be watching Barcelona play in midweek either I presume?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »
How the fcuk was that not a penalty on Ash? The geezer was nowhere near the ball,i know maybe it would've papered over the cracks of an average performance,but it was still a pen.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 12:02:38 AM »

I think thats quite sad that you dont watch any other football. Especially as we have been so bad this season. You havent seen Rooneys goal this afternoon? The end to end madness at the Hawthorns? You wont be watching Barcelona play in midweek either I presume?

I didn't say I don't watch any football, i said I hardly watch any.

No, I haven't seen Wayne Rooney's goal. I haven't seen the Albion highlights.  I think I'll survive.

I might watch Barcelona in the week, though. Unless I find something more fulfilling to do.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 12:04:11 AM »
Looked like a definite penalty to me as well. But hearing about Ashleys petulance today he could have been upended with a two footed challenge and it still wouldn't have been given

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 12:09:19 AM »

No, I haven't seen Wayne Rooney's goal. I haven't seen the Albion highlights.  I think I'll survive.

I might watch Barcelona in the week, though. Unless I find something more fulfilling to do.

Chin up old man,weve been through worse,blow the dust of the old videos and watch the 89/90 season like i do sometimes.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »

Chin up old man,weve been through worse,blow the dust of the old videos and watch the 89/90 season like i do sometimes.

I'm not despondent about it, I'm perfectly happy with it. The watching less football thing, not the shit results thing, obv.

Offline glasses

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 12:13:22 AM »

Fair enough, I suppose if I think about it, I'm the same. I watch MOTD when I get chance though. I like the shortened versions of the highlights of other games. I dont pay for sky either. Didnt mean it as a dig by the way.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 12:14:17 AM »
I sometimes find myself thinking I wish I'd kept Sky, but then i read people on here talking about Sunday Supplement, and I remember what a gigantic vat of cuntishness it is, so I'm better off without.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 12:16:04 AM »
I'm going the same way... I now rarely watch MOTD or MOTD2. I usually catch a bit of the Football League Show and will probably watch Arsenal V Barca in midweek if I am spared.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal