collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we in trouble yet?  (Read 33154 times)

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
Re: Are we in trouble yet?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 11:50:17 AM »
we most certainly are in trouble, and while we are a little more difficult to beat recently, we also find it difficult to win, and that for me is down to a negative attitude when in a positive position...

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 11:52:47 AM »
Oh what a load of bollocks. Seriously, all this over analysing and people knowingly scratching their chin and nodding before imparting us with the wisdom of their astute tactical views as to how we didn't win yesterday, when the answer is painfully obvious.

Downing missed his sitters. Simple.

We were on top in the first half, we dominated them, got in behind them on countless occasions, had golden opportunities and spurned them.  Nothing to do with the formation. Nothing to do with the alignment of Venus.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 11:58:21 AM »
Oh what a load of bollocks. Seriously, all this over analysing and people knowingly scratching their chin and nodding before imparting us with the wisdom of their astute tactical views as to how we didn't win yesterday, when the answer is painfully obvious.

Downing missed his sitters. Simple.

We were on top in the first half, we dominated them, got in behind them on countless occasions, had golden opportunities and spurned them.  Nothing to do with the formation. Nothing to do with the alignment of Venus.

What he said.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 12:01:27 PM »
thats great that you are optimistic...

i wish i shared your view...

and while i dont think we are definates to go down, we are where we are in the league, because we havent been good enough to be in a better position... unfortunately, what i see week in week out does not fill me with huge bags of confidence... missing sitters, from both sides, is part and parcel of football, but the regular frustrations of poor defending, players playing out of position, sitting back and tippy tappy football between the defence and midfield with a lack of penetration and support for the attack from the midfield, is a concern for me...

if thats not for you, then that is great for you...

whether you think me being concerned is "bollocks", is less of a concern to me than our performances and our position in the premier league is...

Offline Ads

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 12:06:47 PM »
Its nothing to do with optimism, its called saying what you see instead of clutching for something abstract.

We’ve chucked four points away in the past two games because we couldn’t take our chances and on the three occasions that the opposition had efforts on target, they scored.

We’re playing a host of poor sides, who will give us a lot of opportunities because they’re not very good. We didn’t take them yesterday, but we have more than enough good players to make the difference over six or seven fixtures.
Ironically, Man City gave us one chance and we scored from it. 

If you think we’re going down, then go waste your money with William Hill.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 12:13:48 PM »
We are not in trouble but we do need more clean sheets and wins. We can be relegated but that is unlikely.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 12:15:06 PM »
i never said we are going down, but we are in trouble...

we have chucked plenty of points away this season, i agree...

but i dont see that as a positive, because we havent actually fixed the errors that lead to us dropping points... we arent taking our chances, and we are gifting the opposition goals...

that isnt a recipe for success at any end of the table...

Offline Ads

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 12:19:48 PM »
When you’re 3 points off Bolton in 8th, as well as being three points off Wigan, with both coming up soon- I have the confidence that the likes of Bent, Young, Downing, Gabby, Albrighton et al will see us fine.

It’s all very tight and there’s a lot of clubs struggling with the same problems, but the quality we have will see us beat more of these sides than we lose. 

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
it is a tight league this year...

i just wish we werent making silly schoolgirl defending mistakes...

Offline Ads

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »
Me too. Its very frustrating, as the past three goals we've conceded were so soft. Friedel hasn't made a save in two games, yet we've only come away with two points.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 12:33:41 PM »
3 points off the bottom 3 with 11 games to go does constitute being in trouble. However there is more than enough games to pull out of trouble and I'm confident we will.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »
 Ads: When you’re 3 points off Bolton in 8th, as well as being three points off Wigan, with both coming up soon- I have the confidence that the likes of Bent, Young, Downing, Gabby, Albrighton et al will see us fine. It’s all very tight and there’s a lot of clubs struggling with the same problems, but the quality we have will see us beat more of these sides than we lose. 
----------------

That sounds dangerously close to "too good to be relegated"

Like it or not, our results since Gerard took over IS relegation form.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2011, 12:39:39 PM »
I say this every week but really not. We're just not getting a bit of luck at the moment.

We're perfectly capable of getting 7 from our next 9 available. That'd see us in the top half probably.

But, for whatever reason, as good as our build up play is we aren't winning games. We're not clinical enough and we're leaking silly goals; so maybe we're not as good as I think we are.

The games are running out, and I still think 8th is very possible, but we've gotta start winning and fast. 4 points dropped in the last 2 IMO. We'd have been 8th with those.

Offline Ads

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
We are too good to be relegated, which is why we won’t be.

One annoying cliché put to bed.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 12:43:28 PM »
I hope you've written to the FA to let them know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal