collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reo-Coker set for talks (Meaning Evil)  (Read 31395 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Reo-Coker set for talks (Meaning Evil)
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
Yes that's true Mark, but don't forget that Real didn't replace him with someone with a better passing range, they 'replaced' him with strikers, in true idiotic Real fashion. I'd say that's more a reason why they stopped winning.

Well strikers and David Beckham. There was that great quote from Zidane at the time: "Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?", not that NRC is our entire engine but he does keep us ticking.

Thing is Perez got one thing right. For the style he wants Real to play in, like all Madridistas want, Makelele is too limited. The problem was that he had - still has - no idea how to get that style. Makelele wouldn't have been required at Real if they had Busquets or Xabi Alonso at that time. They didn't.

I too have had that honour, Holtender, and it always seemed to me that there are no positional pidgeonholes for Xavi like you're saying there is for NRC. Maybe Busquets would be a better comparison, but even that's a little demeaning to him. NRC is decent, but limited. To get anywhere really proper we probably have to do a bit better.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2011, 03:13:35 PM »
Excuse but is this still the Reo Coker thread?

Offline Monty

« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2011, 03:14:55 PM »

Nope, the La Liga thread I think.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2011, 03:23:51 PM »

Sorry, I seem to have gone a bit OT but I was trying (and failing) to use an analogy which actually pertained to Reo-Coker.  All this scum at Wembley lark is clearly going to my head.  COME ON ARSENAL!!!

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2011, 03:25:07 PM »
Yes that's true Mark, but don't forget that Real didn't replace him with someone with a better passing range, they 'replaced' him with strikers, in true idiotic Real fashion. I'd say that's more a reason why they stopped winning.

Well strikers and David Beckham. There was that great quote from Zidane at the time: "Why put another layer of gold paint on the Bentley when you are losing the entire engine?", not that NRC is our entire engine but he does keep us ticking.

Thing is Perez got one thing right. For the style he wants Real to play in, like all Madridistas want, Makelele is too limited. The problem was that he had - still has - no idea how to get that style. Makelele wouldn't have been required at Real if they had Busquets or Xabi Alonso at that time. They didn't.
Perez is an idiot who thinks he knows more than his coaches. Makelele won two La Liga titles and the Champs League amongst other cups whilst at Real and he didn't have too bad a time at Chelsea either. Every team can be improved, the important thing for us is what the manager wants.

Offline Monty

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
Amen Mark.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal