collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Blackpool v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 69391 times)

Offline UsualSuspect

Re: Blackpool v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2011, 09:18:36 AM »

Second half - shit going forward, shit in the middle, and shit at the back.

No they were not. Considering how many Blackpool score 1-1 was a good result especially as Friedel wasn't called on to do much, second half and, you may have missed it, Makoun was sent off early on. But for Youngs  and Webbs antics we might even have snatched a winner, even with 10 men.
Good news is Houllier won't be able to use Makoun for 3 games.

Nice to see the others making a fight of it, another couple of wins and who knows we might be in the top 10,and with Blackburn and Wolves to come at home and Bolton away who knows

A good result?

Drawaing at a team that are in freefall?

Fuck me we are talking about Blackpool away not Real madrid

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2011, 10:00:33 AM »
We will continue to struggle if we let in soft goals at set pieces and continue to play wide players down the middle and centre forwards on the wing. It won't work and I can't understand why GH doesn't see this.

Offline cdward

« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2011, 10:31:19 AM »
Oh, and I still can't stand Ashley Young, never have done, never will. At least more people are starting to see through him also.
Even when he was scoring and creating bucketloads of goals and winning the Young Player of the Year award?

Good question. Here'a another - even when he was banging swerving, bullet-like crosses onto Gabby's head with pin-point accuracy? Would love to know why he doesn't do that anymore, but at one time he certainly did.
Probably because there is not much point banging, swerving, bullet like crosses with pin point accuracy to the left wing.

Offline Macho Man Randy Savage

« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2011, 10:57:57 PM »
I didn't see the game or the highlights and only read the BBC match report. The BBC report suggested we were an improving side, played well and showed some of the attacking football we are capable of.

I am just reading this thread now though and seem to be getting a very different picture!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal