collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:01:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 10:00:20 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:01:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 10:00:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 09:59:51 PM]

[Today at 09:57:13 PM]

[Today at 09:56:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 09:54:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:51:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pravda: Makoun next up in popular live chat series on Thursday  (Read 9626 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Pravda: Makoun next up in popular live chat series on Thursday
« on: February 08, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »
Jean II Makoun online from 1pm

Fan favourite Jean II Makoun is next up in the live chat series, answering questions posted by fans on Thursday.

Makoun will be online for half an hour from 1pm*, following on from the likes of Ashley Young, James Collins, Darren Bent, Ian Taylor and General Krulak.

Makoun has agreed to take time out of his busy schedule to join the media team in a Q&A with supporters.

The Cameroon international has already made quite an impact with the claret and blue army, wowing fans with his jazzy jumper on the day he signed.

Since then, he has impressed with his all-action displays and silky touch in the central ground.

We are expecting quite a response when Jean II comes online so please bear with us as we try to get through as many questions as possible.

AVTV will also be on hand along with club snapper Neville Williams so watch out for video highlights and a photo gallery after the event.

Makoun began his career in his native Cameroon at Cotonsport Garoua, where he was part of the team's youth set-up.

Following this, he spent time at fellow Cameroonian sides Jeunesse Star and Tonnerre Yaounde, before eventually moving to France to join Ligue One side Lille.

Makoun became a firm fixture in the Lille side and a firm favourite, making more than 150 appearances in the country's top-flight and playing Champions League football too.

His performances attracted interest from clubs around Europe, including Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur, Juventus, Monaco, Marseille and Lyon.

The 27-year-old opted to move to seven-time French champions Lyon in June 2008.

One of the highlights of his time with Lyon came in February 2010 when he scored the only goal in Lyon's first Champions League knockout round win over Real Madrid, hitting a looping shot from 25 yards out over the head of goalkeeper Iker Casillas.

Perhaps quiz him on that goal, his flashy knitwear, how he's settling or his aspirations in claret and blue.

Who do you want to see being quizzed - click here for your particular hero.

*Times are subject to change.

Offline supertom

Re: Pravda: Makoun next up in popular live chat series on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 08:20:17 PM »
He's impressed me so far. Looks a good signing. I just wish Houllier would put some legs in next to him, and not persist with the ever plodding Petrov.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:27:58 AM »
Surely there'll be at least one knitwear related question.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 11:00:10 AM »
My question:

"Jean, peux-tu te mettre au premier poteau lorsque nous défendons sur corner ? Jamais l'équipe adverse ne marquera."

Offline Simon Ward

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
My question:

"Jean, peux-tu te mettre au premier poteau lorsque nous défendons sur corner ? Jamais l'équipe adverse ne marquera."

Which translated means " Can I have the knitting pattern for your crazy jumper?"

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 12:43:58 PM »
He's looked good so far, but 'fan favourite' ???

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 12:45:38 PM »
He's a fucking LEGEND! FACT!

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 12:46:35 PM »
I'd like to ask him  if he could lend me £5k to get my bathroom done.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 05:30:45 PM »
Q] Dan Cook : Xbox or PS3
A] Jean II Makoun: I don't really like playing computer games all that much, to be honest.

Q] Dimiter Bonev Dimiter Bonev: Warmest regards from Bulgaria! I hope you are getting used to living in England. In your opinion where do they play better football - in England or in France?
A] Jean II Makoun: I'm loving football in England. I am very happy to be in the Premier League. I've been following it for quite a while and I have a lot of friends who play here. Looking forward to playing against them one day.

Q] Jordan Jordan: What was the best goal you have ever scored
A] Jean II Makoun: The one that has been mentioned many times - against Real Madrid!!

Q] James Swain: Where do you get your red and black diamond jumper from that you was wearing the day you signed, all Villa fans love it!
A] Jean II Makoun: My friend bought it for me. I love it too and I'm delighted the fans like it. I have told my friend that everyone loves it and he's delighted it was such a great gift. I'm not wearing it today!! It's being guarded. I'm really scared someone will steal it now. If ever the shop wanted to sell copies of my jumper, I'd be thrilled to help out. It would be like giving a shirt to a fan, it would give me great pleasure.

Q] Ben Farnsworth: Which Villa player has impressed you most in training?
A] Jean II Makoun: Loads of them. We have lots of quality internationals. There are lot of players with great quality within the group. Ashley Young if I had to pick - he has loads of great qualities. Gabby Agbonlahor is terrific too. I can reassure you all we have a great group.

Q] Scott R: Who has been the friendliest of your team-mates since you joined?
A] Jean II Makoun: All the lads. They know I don't speak much English and they have been very helpful in letting me settle in. I hope next time I will be able to do this without a translator!! Lorna has given me good marks!!

Q] Grant Wyatt: How does Villa Park atmosphere rank with other stadiums you have played in?
A] Jean II Makoun: It's a tremendous stadium. I was very impressed when I was introduced against Manchester City. He felt the lovely warm atmosphere for the fans - I want to now perform for those who gave me such a warm welcome.

Q] Jordan: Did you do well at school?
A] Jean II Makoun: I got by!! I did try hard. I managed to get a few diplomas. I was best at sport because that's what comes naturally to me.

Q] Northern Noise: Hi Jean II and welcome to Villa. Who was your footballing idol and what is your favourite film?
A] Jean II Makoun: I admired lots and lots of players. Claude Makelele was the main one and I love watching Steven Gerrard play now.

Q] Jack Pacey: Was the manager one of the main reasons you joined Aston Villa?
A] Jean II Makoun: The club wanted to sign me and the manager wanted me too. I really want to play for him.

Q] Michael Jones: Hi Jean, what is the 'II' for in your name?
A] Jean II Makoun: My dad is Jean I. I am Jean II. I don't like it when people just call me Jean.

Q] Phil: What is your biggest goal you want to achieve with Villa?
A] Jean II Makoun: I would love to get points for the club as the end of the season approaches. We can't dream of Champions League at the moment but that is a long-term aim. I also want to win some cups for this great club.

Q] Jamie: How are you finding the English food compared to the French?
A] Jean II Makoun: It's good. I am getting used to it. It's not French cooking and not Cameroonian, but I am getting used to it. I am starting to like it.

Q] Aaron F: Jean II Makoun - as you play for Cameroon, how is it like playing alongside Samuel Eto?
A] Jean II Makoun: It's a great pleasure. He's a fantastic player. I am delighted when I'm playing alongside him.

Q] Junhui: What's the atmosphere like in the Villa dressing room?
A] Jean II Makoun: First of all, we say hello, we have a good chat. Everyone prepares for training thoroughly. It's a really great atmosphere in there. It's important for us to get the banter going and it certainly does!

Q] Grant Wyatt: Who has became your best friend from the Villa squad?
A] Jean II Makoun: I've just arrived. Everyone is a good friend. I am getting to know everyone. I spend a lot of time with Robert Pires because he speaks French but everyone is great.

Q] Adzton Villa: Had you heard of any of Villa's big name players before you joined?
A] Jean II Makoun: Of course. I watched the games on TV. They are well known internationally. It's a big club, big team and I definitely did know them.

Q] Guest: Which player are you most looking forward to playing against in the Premiership?
A] Jean II Makoun: Arsenal. Alex Song. We grew up together. We are like brothers. We play together in the national team. I can't wait to play against him now.

Q] Grant Wyatt: Are you excited by the thought of scoring at the Holte End?
A] Jean II Makoun: I know all about the Holte End, trust me. We hear them a lot when we are on the pitch. It spurs us on. I would love to score in front of them. That would be a real thrill.

Q] Tim Sheahan: Where do you see Aston Villa finishing this season?
A] Jean II Makoun: As high as possible.

Q] Sheehan: What do think of the set up at the training ground?
A] Jean II Makoun: It's amazing. I was really, really impressed when I came to visit. There is everything here to help us play good football.

Q] Roger: Had many jokes played on you?
A] Jean II Makoun: Not yet!! And long may that continue.

Q] Phil: If you had to play a different sport, which would it be?
A] Jean II Makoun: I really follow tennis and rugby. I haven't played tennis much but I love watching it. We did rugby training at Lyon.

Q] Adzton Villa What do you make of Darren Bent signing for the club?
A] Jean II Makoun: He is a really great scorer. Any club would love to have someone scoring goals like him.

Q] Dimiter Bonev: What music do you like to listen?
Jean II Makoun: A bit of everything. I like African music most.

Paul AVFC: Jean II has to go now. Hope you enjoyed the live chat session. Cheers.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 05:48:47 PM »
Interesting.

Like how he said champions league is a goal

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 06:13:34 PM »
Good read that, thanks for posting.

Offline luke25

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
He wants us to sell his jumpers in the club shop, that'll get the turnover up ;-)

Offline l_mckay

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 06:21:23 PM »
Makoun is already a ledgend! Hope the club start selling some of them jumpers too!

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 07:48:39 PM »
in claret and blue I hope :) any photo of jumper

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
It reads a a bit like something from Shoot magazine from the 70's but fair play for effort.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal