collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: What's £155,000?  (Read 34384 times)

Offline KHFCLaura

Re: What's £155,000?
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
I'm no expert, but I'd have thought that if they can find the money for the tax bill, then at least that gets the taxman and his winding up petition of their back.

Unfortuantley not - the Harriers bank account has been frozen and the two remaining board members are meeting with their legal and financial advisors tomorrow to make the decision on the next stage (i.e. CVA, Administration, liquidation). We need to show we can afford to keep trading.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 12:03:34 PM »
Any more news on your chairman's illness?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »
Laura, will the promise of a bumper gate on Saturday help with today's talks?
Just a thought that your viral campaign could also urge local fans of other clubs to turn up, Villa for instance are at Blackpool with limited away tickets, some of us are already planning to attend (if only to sample ale in the wonderful King and Castle!).
Pass the buckets and good luck.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 12:22:59 PM »
One of my best mates played for Kiddy, he delights in telling he scored against us in a pre-season friendly. I've been a few times, great club.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »
Best of luck with this Laura.  What a sad indictment of the game it is that we have squad players at Villa (and other big clubs) that earn what you need to keep afloat in just a couple of weeks for simply turning up to training a couple of times and then playing on their xbox all day.   >:(

Offline KHFCLaura

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 01:19:06 PM »
Laura, will the promise of a bumper gate on Saturday help with today's talks?
Just a thought that your viral campaign could also urge local fans of other clubs to turn up, Villa for instance are at Blackpool with limited away tickets, some of us are already planning to attend (if only to sample ale in the wonderful King and Castle!).
Pass the buckets and good luck.

A bumper crowd would be a great help. We are aiming to fill the ground so the more the merrier. A leading Harriers fan should be on Radio 5 live any minute now!

Thanks again - the support has been fantastic!

Laura

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »
A few quid gladly donated, good luck with it.

What was the name of that striker in the 80s who scored loads of goals for Kidde and had a girls christian name?

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 01:53:43 PM »
Just listened to the chap from Kiddie on the radio.  I loved the way he said that Villa fans are backing the appeal and they wished WBA, Wolves and any other regional club will do  the same.  I can't believe they forgot the other big club in the area................................ Coventry!   :D

Offline SteveD

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »

Always enjoyed an afternoon there and in the King and Castle beforehand.

This doesn't really do the Kiddie cottage pies justice but worth a few quid towards saving the club for those alone.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 02:02:32 PM »
At £14 - £17 quid per ticket is it as simple as all they need to do is attract an extra 10-11K supporters? Surely all of the local clubs who aren't at home can chip in a few thousand of their supporters?

I'm looking for something to do this Saturday - I think I just solved that.
Unfortunately I think the capacity of Aggborough is only about 6,000 so a bumper crowd of 10-11k isn't an option.  But we can certainly help by pushing up their average attendances from around 1500 and not just as a one-off.

I moved to the Kiddie area last year and have been meaning to go there all season but just haven't got round to it. I will be there this Saturday if I can resist the temptation of watching our game at Blackpool on a dodgy internet stream - and I will definitely go when fixtures don't clash.  Who knows - maybe this will be the start of a move away from the pampered prem back to grass roots football - but anything we can do to help KHFC is a must do

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 02:06:24 PM »
At £14 - £17 quid per ticket is it as simple as all they need to do is attract an extra 10-11K supporters? Surely all of the local clubs who aren't at home can chip in a few thousand of their supporters?

Unfortunately I think the capacity of Aggborough is only about 6,000 so a bumper crowd of 10-11k isn't an option.  But we can certainly help by pushing up their average attendances from around 1500 and not just as a one-off.

I moved to the Kiddie area last year and have been meaning to go there all season but just haven't got round to it. I will be there this Saturday if I can resist the temptation of watching our game at Blackpool on a dodgy internet stream - and I will definitely go when fixtures don't clash.  Who knows - maybe this will be the start of a move away from the pampered prem back to grass roots football - but anything we can do to help KHFC is a must do

Who have they got this weekend?

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 02:10:05 PM »

Who have they got this weekend?

Altrincham I believe. 

Forgot to mention earlier - Kiddie are 6th in the division so not exactly struggling performance-wise - hope this is not the first of many such situations
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 02:12:15 PM by CJ »

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
It would be a terrible shame if the club is forced to go into administration and lose 10 points when they are in the hunt for promotion.  They have already been docked 5 points this season and are still just 1 point of the play-offs.  It seems the club has struggled with the day to day finances since being demoted 6 years ago.  I hope they get promoted again, that would obviously help them out no end.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 03:10:58 PM »
What was the name of that striker in the 80s who scored loads of goals for Kidde and had a girls christian name

Kim Casey

Offline wif

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
This just sums up what is completely wrong with football!

Why is it that no-one ever points to what Robbie Williams earns and says "this just sums up what is completely wrong with music"

or to Kiefer Sutherland and says "this just sums up what is completely wrong with movies"

or to Stephen King and "this just sums up what is completely wrong with books"

or to Kate Moss and "this just sums up what is completely wrong with modelling"

or to Maria Sharapova and "this just sums up what is completely wrong with tennis"

or to Michael McIntyre and "this just sums up what is completely wrong with comedy"

There seems to be a particular jealousy about footballers' wages.  They have a scarce product to sell, and there are millions of buyers who seem to be all too willing to pay large amounts of money to see it, just like all the other people I just mentioned, who face almost no criticism for their large wage packets.

Habib Beye deserves what he's paid because he convinced Randy Lerner that it would be a good idea to pay him that.  End of story.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal