collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Ducksworthy
[Today at 06:07:01 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:41:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Smirker
[Today at 05:38:49 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 04:51:22 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Ducksworthy
[Today at 06:07:01 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 06:04:11 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 05:59:46 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 05:54:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:52:58 PM]

[Today at 05:48:14 PM]

[Today at 05:47:02 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:45:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are We Enjoying Ourselves?  (Read 10553 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Are We Enjoying Ourselves?
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 03:24:31 PM »
Yeah we were brilliant against West Ham. Think that was arguably the best football we played this season too. Granted, they were fucking woeful, but at that point, things looked promising.

Also, Milner was sensational that day. We missed him so much after that. We still lack a talisman in the middle who just inspires the team. We were left with Stan fucking Petrov, and then of course spent many weeks after playing kids.

Anyway, I hope once Houllier gets his tactics right, and gets Ashley back on the left, Gabby either up top with Bent, or on the bench, and Petrov out the start line up, we'll be looking good. Makoun looks quality I must say. He's impressed me thus far.

Offline peter w

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
In the aftermath I am really happy with any victory. In the dumps and peed off with any defeat. Last Saturday was neither one thing or the other. Just overwhelming frustration. At least with a defeat there is an outlet for the disappointment but drawing at home against a side like Fulham is like hearing about an  failed asylum seeker being allowed to stay in the UK despite them being a terrorist because a policeman forget to cross a t when making a statement.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 04:46:13 PM »
The 2-2 with ManUre earlier this season.

The celebrations for Albrighton's goal were amongst the most boisterous around us for ages (admittedly, Upper Trinity, so it was mainly slightly more frantic raisings of top hats and tapping of canes, really).

It seemed to happen in slow motion, seeing Downing break and Albrighton tearing through the middle, then that fantastic cross and slap, into the back of the net. Moments like that are marvellous.

Other than that I have enjoyed watching the way we've started to pass the ball around in several other matches.

The only one i can think of which had absolutely zero redeeming feature was Sunderland, which also had the down side of being as cold as a witch's tit.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »
I think I really enjoyed the Blackburn game. I had only had 2 hours sleep due to doing a night shift and the early kick off, but at games when there aren't so many of us there, the lower left Holte has taken to going into a quirky, slightly surreal mode.

People just shout really random stuff, & theres banter between completely unconnected people - it somehow starts to feel like 4 entire blocks of seats have all come to the match together.

"Get stuck in" girl behind us is increasing her repertorie of random shouts by the week. Occasionally she even shouts something that is connected to what is happening on the pitch, which always surprises everyone.

Anyway - I think what I mean is that I enjoy it more when I am with a crowd of fans who are prepared to enjoy the game regardless of thier expectations, and that is happening more and more this season.

Offline luke25

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »
The 20 minutes in the United game was the most excited i've been during a game this season, we really were a joy to watch, the best I've felt at full time was definately after the City game, the game itself was torture, as daft as it sounds i'm more calm when were behind than when were leading, even when Forssell scored to make it 4-1 in the derby I was shaking thinking they were gonna come back, in fact spend all week looking forward to the match, then the closer the match comes the nerves start creeping in, by the time we've kicked off I just want it to end

Offline luke25

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 05:51:06 PM »
The 2-2 with ManUre earlier this season.

The celebrations for Albrighton's goal were amongst the most boisterous around us for ages (admittedly, Upper Trinity, so it was mainly slightly more frantic raisings of top hats and tapping of canes, really).

It seemed to happen in slow motion, seeing Downing break and Albrighton tearing through the middle, then that fantastic cross and slap, into the back of the net. Moments like that are marvellous.
Actually thats a good point, that Albrighton goal and the Bent debut goal were two of the best celebrations I can remember at Villa for a long time (well that did'nt involve a derby)

Offline holtepaul

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 05:59:42 PM »
Do you know, I am sure there must have been one since, but the lsat game I can actually remember enjoying was the Blackburn Semi Final - how bad is that !.

Man U was good, but came away so angry
Man C - wasn't enjoyable - it was agony
Blackburn cup was just soooo boring

I'm struggling, I really am. The only game that was probably enjoyable this year was West ham - and I was on holiday !

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 06:11:09 PM »
The match that I would really want to revisit from this season is West Ham. It had everything to make a Villa fan happy...unless they were sitting in the lower tiers.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
I live in Canada so Blackburn in the cup was my first game for a year or so, I enjoyed every minute of it because I miss the Villa experience.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »
Man C... probably. Great game under the circumstances. New £19M striker scoring on debut, Barry getting subbed, heart-inn-mouth moments and shutting up those dirty Mancs up.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 01:49:53 AM »
This thread could have been written a lot in MON's last two seasons - I pity the poor season ticket holders who had to put up with a lot of frustrating snoozefests. Not that this season has been hugely better or 'owt.

Offline Astral Weeks

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 09:00:35 AM »
I live in Canada so Blackburn in the cup was my first game for a year or so, I enjoyed every minute of it because I miss the Villa experience.

You probably even enjoyed the nice warm weather!

Offline andyaston

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »
Got to be honest i'm happy after all victories. The Everton game this season felt like we had been put through the wringer though. It took a few minutes of de-stressing walking down witton lane to feel as though we'd won.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 05:02:09 PM »

You probably even enjoyed the nice warm weather!

Astral, I have enjoyed the nice weather although I was freezing during the Blackburn cup game and my feet felt like blocks of ice, however I never spend 3 hours standing outside in a Canadian winter otherwise I would probably die but thanks for asking!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal