collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 5 VILLANS in England Squad...and then 4 !!  (Read 27927 times)

Offline Phil from the upper holte

Re: 5 VILLANS in England Squad...and then 4 !!
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2011, 10:21:13 PM »
Ian j it was petrov that injured Downing

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2011, 11:02:05 PM »
Paul Merson "Milner looked superb, like his old self when he was in the U21's and at Villa"

Come back jimmy.

7 current or previous Villa players tonight.

8 if you include Tommy Sorensen ;)

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »
lets see what Downing does then if he gets on the pitch,

if i'm right he will run around a bit doing very little of any great note, get subbed at half time,
everyone on here will say he was played in the wrong posision, with the wrong players, in the wrong formation or any other excuse people can think up,
when all along he just isnt good enough to play at that level,

but lets wait and see, time will tell, although i'm at the theatre on wed night so you'l all have to fill me in

so how did the boy wonder do ?

like i said i couldnt watch the game last night, but believe he came on in the second half,

so did he play like i said, or are we bracing ourselves for a massive transfer bid from Man city in the summer ?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2011, 01:10:11 PM »
He played pretty well in a lively England second half. However, there's little point trying to tell you why as your blind prejudice will not allow you to aknowledge it.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2011, 01:17:42 PM »
He played pretty well in a lively England second half. However, there's little point trying to tell you why as your blind prejudice will not allow you to aknowledge it.

only asking,
 if he played well then thats fine by me, we all have are favourites and he's not one of mine admittedly, but would still rather him play well than not.
taped the highlights will watch them later

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »
I thought our lads past and present had a pretty good showing last night.  Maybe the media will start to talk about us in such glowing references as they continually do for West Ham.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2011, 01:22:58 PM »
Ash played much better in the free role yesterday than he has for us all season. He didn't just blindly run beyond Benty, he waited for his moments instead of looking for the killer ball every time, he knew when to go forwards, when to go back and when to go wide. Why play so well for England and not for Villa when he was surrounded by practically the same players is beyond me.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2011, 01:32:32 PM »
That's the best Ash has ever played for England and certainly a lot better than he's played for us most of this season. Hope it bodes well for the rest of the season.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
Ash played much better in the free role yesterday than he has for us all season. He didn't just blindly run beyond Benty, he waited for his moments instead of looking for the killer ball every time, he knew when to go forwards, when to go back and when to go wide. Why play so well for England and not for Villa when he was surrounded by practically the same players is beyond me.

He looked like he had a bit more time on the ball to me.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »

Actually that's true. And this would aid his decision making, which hasn't looked quick enough for the position in the Premier League.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »
I thought our lads past and present had a pretty good showing last night.  Maybe the media will start to talk about us in such glowing references as they continually do for West Ham.

They are

The evening mail said... Denmark 1 Aston Villa 2 :) Does it get any better?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »

Actually that's true. And this would aid his decision making, which hasn't looked quick enough for the position in the Premier League.

I think his snood is on too tight and it prevents messages getting from his brain to his feet. No such issues last night and not surprisingly he played well.

Actually, I just think he's still learning the position, and he played well last night which can only bode well for us. Couple that with him developing a better relationship with Benty, then we can hope it transfers to their league play.

Now to get Gabby more involved...

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
Headline in one paper today was "Aston Thrillers"
I thought Young looked v good - his cross-field pass to Walcott was particularly good, as was the way he took his goal.
Bent did okay but had three other good chances to score and failed to net them ... shame.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2011, 09:59:37 PM »
The evening mail said... Denmark 1 Aston Villa 2  Does it get any better?

Yes. Blackpool 1 Aston Villa 2 would.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
Blackpool 0 Villa 4 would be even better. Hope Ash & DB can build on that understanding in the PL.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:27:19 PM by Matt C »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal