collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andy Gray / Richard Keys / Sky thread  (Read 77890 times)

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Andy Gray - the next chapter.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 10:51:46 PM »
That's women moderators for you... they like to drink wine.

Offline yukmeezy

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
If it's good it will be everywhere before long. I can wait to read it for free. I find it funny that they think their stuff is that good people would want to pay for it.

Rupert Murdoch is not stupid. He will make online news profitable.

well  there are stupid consumers out there who do not know that there are a ton of websites that offer news with more substance ...

http://www.newsnow.co.uk being one.....

Admittedly I'm posting whilst having had a few glasses of wine. Personally, I dislike the use of the word stupid. My preference is along the lines of 'less educated' or 'not having had the benefit of a good education'.

Not having the benefit of a good education ?   , My ideology is that regardless of the person having a good education or not , Its down to the person him or her self to educate themselves , The excuse that i was not educated properly  or i went to a poor school is futile in my eyes .  Gaining knowledge is effortless in this day and age its down to the will of one to educate themselves .

Offline yukmeezy

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
That's women moderators for you... they like to drink wine.

To be fair i like a wee bit of wine now and again ... though its normally before i indulge in something heavier ...

Offline Dan England

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 11:10:43 PM »
Bent's shagging Steve Bruce's daughter?!

The legend that is Lil Lee lives on! Don't know if it was true but you wouldn't want his left overs would you?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:05 PM »
Bruce obviously did the best he could to move on his daughter's boyfriend to a top club!

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »
Not having the benefit of a good education ?   , My ideology is that regardless of the person having a good education or not , Its down to the person him or her self to educate themselves , The excuse that i was not educated properly  or i went to a poor school is futile in my eyes .  Gaining knowledge is effortless in this day and age its down to the will of one to educate themselves.

While I understand your point that info is easier to access now than ever before, you're failing to realise that not everyone was brought up with the ideology of bettering themselves through education.

And going to a poor school is obviously the main reason why some people are poorly educated, that and other causes, poverty, undiagnosed learning difficulties, etc. You're being unfair.

Judging by your irregular use of punctuation and capital letters, you're not too well off in the education department yourself.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 11:40:56 PM »
Bent's shagging Steve Bruce's daughter?!

The bloke who sits next to me at the match, his daughter works at some hotel to the north of the city. Newhall or something ... bear with me, I'm from the sunnier side of the city, so am not so familiar with that part of town.

Said that Bent is currently staying there (has installed his mate in the suite next door). Said that amongst other things, he's a very polite chap, has about 50 boxes of trainers in his room, and that his Mrs is drop dead gorgeous. Bruce's daughter doesn't strike me as all that.

Oh, and Kyle Walker is staying there too, and apparently is very shy and respectful. Apologises for just wanting a piece of toast for breakfast rather than the extravagant riches one gets offered at posh hotels. That sort of chap.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 11:48:51 PM »
Newhall is the usual stop - lovely hotel and set in Newhall Valley which makes a nice run from my house when the weather is up to it. Never seen Bent about though. Funny if he is knocking off little Bruce, he must be sick of all things Villa related ending up inside his family circle.

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »
Not having the benefit of a good education ?   , My ideology is that regardless of the person having a good education or not , Its down to the person him or her self to educate themselves , The excuse that i was not educated properly  or i went to a poor school is futile in my eyes .  Gaining knowledge is effortless in this day and age its down to the will of one to educate themselves.
While I understand your point that info is easier to access now than ever before, you're failing to realise that not everyone was brought up with the ideology of bettering themselves through education.

And going to a poor school is obviously the main reason why some people are poorly educated, that and other causes, poverty, undiagnosed learning difficulties, etc. You're being unfair.

Judging by your irregular use of punctuation and capital letters, you're not too well off in the education department yourself.
Yep.

I'm mildly dyslexic, but worked my butt off, had to attend 20 minute classes in the Special Needs room to improve my skills. You can send your child to the best private school in the area, but ultimately it's up to the child if they want to improve and perform getting good results etc...

It's a combo of both. Of course going to a good school will give one an advantage, but you've still got to put the effort in etc...

You can still be 'clever' just not necessarily in an academic way.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »
And yet often the most intelligent people are the last to boast about it. The best read posters on this site would die a thousand deaths rather than show off.

And I bet you can't guess who I'm talking about.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2011, 12:22:13 AM »
And yet often the most intelligent people are the last to boast about it. The best read posters on this site would die a thousand deaths rather than show off.

And I bet you can't guess who I'm talking about.

Sheldon Nose?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »
Steve Bruce's Daughter has she got a face like his.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 12:51:20 AM »

You could go to Newhall any night and find Benty hanging out the back of it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 03:10:07 AM »
This is from tomorrow's Daily Mail. I assume it's along the same lines as the NOTW.

Andy Gray

Offline bob

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 08:48:21 AM »

BURN!

Why do people put a space before commas and full stops? Someone I work with, who went to Oxford University, does it. I just don't get it. It takes more effort to type like that. They must see that it's wrong. I imagine they're only interested in what they have to say and ignore everyone else to the point that they don't notice .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal