collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Fulham Post-Match Thread  (Read 73664 times)

Offline MoetVillan

Re: Aston Villa v Fulham Post-Match Thread
« Reply #300 on: February 07, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »
On the positives, Makoun who played tight passing for the middle hour, he started nervously and ended poorly, but I like what I saw otherwise.  Walker was very good going forward, and should have been used more of an outlet than Friedels kickouts.  Does need to work on his crossing.  Bent ok, dangerous runs, not the greatest man up front.  Downing great, good drive, good tracking back, nice distribution, our most consistent player.  Clark, I dont think he is good enough, or we dont make enough of him wide, he is better through the middle, sometimes lunges in, and shows them the inside to often for my liking.  Gabby, a willing worker, but he will have to work hard to make that position work.  Ash, still looks dangerous in a poor game.  Come on mate, the crowd wants to love you.  Collins, poorer game than more recently, still would like him and Cuellar to play well.  Dunne still seems shellshocked by being outrun by the other sausage roll smuggler Rooney 50 seconds into the last game.  Friedel.  Safe hands tagline is going quickly.  No confidence, and it spreads through the back four who back into him now.  Petrov.  Bah.  Too slow, slows the pace down, loses possession, late tackling, can only pass backwards, all signs that he is not fast enough now.  Its not his workrate, or even pace that he struggles, he appears to take too long to think and make decisions.  Thats a game we should have won

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2011, 12:29:21 PM »

Someone has created a Chalkboard of Makoun's passes yesterday and given it a description of "Makoun's good passing but lack of penetration in the last 1/3rd", which is pretty accurate.

Makoun's passes - Clicky

I couldn't resist having a look at Petrov's passing

Offline Bosco81

« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2011, 05:01:35 PM »
I'm another one very impressed with Makoun, it was the speed of his passes which impressed me, which doesn't show up in the stats.

I looked at the tackling, and Petrov won 11 of 14 tackles, Makoun lost all 3 of his, you can make the stats fit any argument, but that stat doesn't give an accurate impression of what I watched on saturday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal