collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FIFA to ban snoods?  (Read 9382 times)

Offline Holtenderinthesky

Re: FIFA to ban snoods?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 08:49:44 PM »
I love the way they're acting on it just as summer is about to kick in (well, for most of Europe anyway). 

Offline mikeb1982

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »
Apparently it's because there is a danger of strangling when a player is running at speed.  Is that why Young hasn't been skinning anyone this year?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 11:03:45 PM »
"The International FA Board has announced that the wearing of snoods in matches will be banned from 1 July"
I might have missed something, but is there any logical reason to ban them beyond "they look a bit wussy"?

Dangerous apparently, you can strangle someone with one or something.
You could probably beat someone to death with a shinpad if you really wanted to.
True. I reckon you could wreak some havoc by kicking someone in the balls with your studs too.

Offline AV1874

• GM : Jul, 2012
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 03:01:28 AM »
As said previously good to see FIFA focusisng on the important things.

With regards to the comments about the tight shirts, even as a ref, I wear SKINS underneath my uniform as compression garments - I have short sleeved top, shorts and the "sox". They make for much more comfortable refereeing and be it psychological or otherwise I feel they do make an impact in terms of less lactic acid effects after matches. Considering us not so high up the ladder refs can do between 2 to 3 full games Saturday and then the same on Sunday, they do make a difference.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal