collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:38:03 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:30:40 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:28:41 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 09:26:55 PM]

Diego Carlos by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:23:18 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brummiereds  (Read 24113 times)

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
Re: Brummiereds
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »
I'm not from Birmingham but support Aston Villa so i'm on dodgy ground but there do seem to be many thousands of them who don't go to the game because they can't get a ticket despite the fact they are quite frequently available on open sale.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 12:30:31 PM »
There are two things Brummie Reds have in common. The first is that they are more Mancunian than a Manc - believing that city to be the best in everything. The second is that they have a 'soft spot' for Small Heath and regard Villa as the enemy.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 12:34:02 PM »
In my local there is one guy who comes in giving it loads about how much he loves ManU, and how he shas supported them all his life (yeah right!), but when you ask him how many times he has been ... he suddenly goes quiet, because he has not once been to see them play at Old Trafford

Remember some seasons ago when Chelsea beat them 5-1 the pub were giving him dogs abuse he could not handle it and walked out in a strop!!!

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 12:39:47 PM »
that is a common theme with brummie and devon reds sid...

they like to give it out, but cant handle it when its given back...

i personally, put it down to an inferiority / insecurity complex... they have to latch onto a winner, because they themselves, feel like sad pathetic little losers...

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
I haven't recieved a response as yet.Think he might be trying to find out why Liverpool and Man City are their rivals  ::)

Offline Pete

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »
A fair few up here in Huddersfield too, some genuine expat Mancs but also a lot of local 'lifelong supporters' (some in their fifties) who have never seen them play. I have the bonus of being able to call them traitors to their county, and reminding them of the Wars of the Roses.

Offline luke25

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 12:52:33 PM »
I've got one that constantly does updates during games, does my head in, in fact I barely know the div so should just delete him, I would'nt get to moan then though

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 12:54:10 PM »
Just ignore them. Sad little individuals who don't really like football, but pretend to because it's fashionable.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 12:56:17 PM »
An ex of my ex was a Yorkshire Red. He apparently taped over a home video they had of a party with 'United: Beyond the Promised Land'. She, in an act of revenge, taped over it with some chick flick. He never noticed.

Most of the Reds of I know do actually follow the team. One friend of mine spends everything she has on following them in Europe. I respect that, just like I would do for any supporter who did the same. All the Liverpool supporters I know, by contrast, have never been to Anfield in their lives.

I've also got a Chelsea supporting mate who, when I posted photos of last year's semi on FB, took issue with my comment about the ref being a pile of Blues. When I remonstrated, he said that he was yet to see it as he now lived in Canada and he'd been too tired to watch it.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 12:57:47 PM »
They are sad bastards, even fans of liverpool and manure probably hate them as they are usually the ones who show up on tv and add to the stereotype of being gloryhunters.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 01:40:06 PM »
i remember being at a plymouth argyle game a few years ago and they were losing, and all you could hear all around in thick westcountry accents (i would say broad, but thick covers so many elements of what i am saying) were "ees nut loik runaaaaldou at moi maaan uunoitidd", and similar comments...

dumb shits...

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »
There are two things Brummie Reds have in common. The first is that they are more Mancunian than a Manc - believing that city to be the best in everything. The second is that they have a 'soft spot' for Small Heath and regard Villa as the enemy.

Correct

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »
I treat them in the same way I treat Rangers and Celtic fans who aren't from Glasgow. By laughing at them.

No point entering into any serious conversation with them.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 01:54:07 PM »
I grew up in Shrewsbury so have had gloryhunting accusations thrown at me over the years. Aside from my own personal reasons for following the Villa I maintain it is considerably different from following whoerver's on top of the league. I wonder what happened to the Blackburn fans who cropped up in the mid 90s?

When I was at school there were far more Liverpool than Man U fans as they were the team of the moment. This is one of the reasons why I still loathe the two of them the same despite one being considerably crapper, they're 2 peas in the same gloryhunting pod. I remember speaking to a Liverpool gloryhunting mate of my brother's who didn't seem to notice that his reason for supporting Liverpool, "I thought Kenny Dalglish was brilliant" was exactly the same as the kids of the time saying "I love David Beckham so I support Man U"

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
If you don't live in, or come from Birmingham, but follow the Villa, its hardly glory hunting is it?

Mind you, in a couple of years time.................

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal