collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: GH slams Warnock & Beye.  (Read 28033 times)

Offline BannedUserIAT

• http://www.avfc.com.au
Re: GH slams Warnock & Beye.
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2011, 09:41:51 AM »
Hawkeye's a bloody cancer on this website. When's he going to put in a transfer request and move onto to someplace else?

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
Beye has been a waste of space from day one - and the amount we're paying him is ridiculous.  Frankly, I'd pay-up his contract, as we're going to have a part with the money in any event, and show him the door.  We at least get rid of one malign presence around the place.

As for Warnock, I'm disappointed with how it has gone.  He was the man in possession of the shirt and put in a good run of form.  Indeed, there were those on here who reckoned him to be best full-back we'd had at the club since Steve Staunton.   

However, as is often the case, players with no real competition for the place fall into complacency and lose the drive and desire to put in the required performance week-in, week-out.  A new manager comes along, addresses the issue and said player, having got used to living in the comfort zone of guaranteed first-team football, can't respond in a positive manner to being left out.

The fact he hasn't responded in the same way as, say, Dunne, is an indicator of a back of backbone and perhaps highlights why he finds himself in this position in the first instance.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »
I get sick of these sensationalised words used in headlines on a daily basis.

`Slammed` one person questioning or criticising another.
`Crisis` meaning some underlying problems.
`Turmoil` also meaning some problems to be resolved.
`Blasts` one person questioning or criticising another.
`Caged` when someone has been imprisoned.
`Rocked` when someone has something not entirely expected occurring.
`Overrun` or `overflowing` when something is occurring a bit more than some may want.
And many many more I am sure.

They usually come out when the media is discussing the NHS, immigration policy, law and order, and yes football.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »

Edit: Removed

That's an awful thing to post.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 10:32:38 AM by Villadawg »

Offline WikiVilla

« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2011, 10:45:47 AM »
think we need that handbag emotcion thingy like they have on the beeb

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2011, 02:57:58 PM »
Why do people have to go over the top when trying their best to be offended by certain words. Cancer is often used to describe something "evil or destructive that is difficult to contain or eradicate" (COD). We can't be responsible for any unhappy associations it has.

Indeed, we'd better not sign any more "German" players, for that could upset people who lost family and friends during the war. We could think up more but the Fulham game is starting.

I might be inclined to spank whoever it was used the term for incorrect usage though: the two defenders may be leeches, parasites, or sponges, but they are hardly evil or destructive.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2011, 03:57:23 PM »
Why do people have to go over the top when trying their best to be offended by certain words. Cancer is often used to describe something "evil or destructive that is difficult to contain or eradicate" (COD). We can't be responsible for any unhappy associations it has.

Indeed, we'd better not sign any more "German" players, for that could upset people who lost family and friends during the war. We could think up more but the Fulham game is starting.

I might be inclined to spank whoever it was used the term for incorrect usage though: the two defenders may be leeches, parasites, or sponges, but they are hardly evil or destructive.

precisely BE. I meant no offence to anyone with cancer, or those who have had any experience with the illness by my comment. He just used it as an opportunity to have a go at me. Must have been building inside him for a while. Anyway, best forgotten now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal