collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The race for relegation.  (Read 10687 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: The race for relegation.
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »
I wanted Blackpool to stay up prior to Holloway's gobbing off about a "half arsed club who used to be famous"

Petty it may be, but fuck it, petty bitterness is what football is all about, so i hope they go down.
Somewhat agree with this Paulie.
Everyone seemed to give Blackpool top respect for not only getting promotion but also starting the P'ship campaign refreshingly well. Then, old Gobbaway gets shirty about a couple of cheeky bids and suddenly they're revealed as small-time, snidey and actually not up to it.

This is the way i feel aswell once that Holloway said what he did that was it for me.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
Wigan are down i think. Anyone out of Wolves, West Ham, Blose, Albion, Newcastle and Bpool to be the two that join them. I expect us to hit mid table now. Despite the loss, i thought we looked good against Manure

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »
Assuming Villa are safe then as long as one of them's Newcastle, I don't care who the other two are

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
Still very tight down there.

Although there's not much quality down there, the best teams will escape I feel. I can see West Ham just getting out of it and likewise with Wigan who do have some good players. Newcastle appear that they'd have to go on a long losing streak to be in serious danger, Blackpool could be down there scrapping very soon, Blose just don't look like winning too often and draws might not be enoug for them, the Baggies could be dragged into the bottom 3 if they carry on playing poor and Wolves have got a hard uphill task now down at the bottom.

Hopefully we'll be well clear in the top 10 come May, but if I had to stick my neck out on the line to win a bit of money i'm going to go with... Wolves, Birmingham (generous odds) and Blackpool.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
20th Wolves, 19th Blackpool, 18th WBA. I'd prefer Newcastle to go down though instead of WBA. I like keep seeing them go another year without beating us and knowing it tears them up inside. Whereas Newcastle often do beat us, especially up there.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »
Got to bring Newcastle into the running. There best player is now Barton. And he will probably go and do something stupid and get suspended, before long ......

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2011, 02:14:32 PM »
Just done that BBC predictor effort. We finished 8th with 53, Liverpool 54 and Sunderland 55. At the bottom though, I got it to Wigan bottom with 29, then West Brom on 31 and Newcastle on 37, with Wolves and Blackpool, and it coming to goal difference. Stranger things and all.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2011, 02:18:38 PM »
I also think small heath could easily get dragged into it. Only 4 wins and 23 goals out of 23 games so far.

So my "dream drop" would be Blackpool, small heath and Newcastle. But i'll stick to my prediction above as the most likely.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »
Got to bring Newcastle into the running. There best player is now Barton. And he will probably go and do something stupid and get suspended, before long ......

You don't think Newcastle will manage 6 points from the next 13 games?  I am amazed people are putting them into this, they are not going to be in the bottom three as they have 30 points already, 6 points above the bottom 3 and the teams at the bottom are exceptionally rubbish.  As I have said I reckon 35/36 points will be enough to stay up and I can't see the geordies not winning 2 games or winning one and drawing 3.  It is possible, but highly unlikely.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal