collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 0% villa, everton to go into adminstration?  (Read 11994 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: 0% villa, everton to go into adminstration?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:46 PM »
Don't understand this:-

You get minimum £40m for being in the PL.  They usually finish top half so quite a bit more in prize money also.  They don't have mega spending sprees, despite the odd big signing.  They sold a youth product for £27m in recent memory and also made a huge profit on the Klingon.  I'm pretty sure they have a (comparatively) reasonable wage structure.

How are they in ANY financial difficulty???

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
I've a lot of time for the Toffees, the decent half of the city.  Part of the problem of getting new investment is the ground, until they can finance a move they aren't a very attractive proposition.  They were attempting to get permission to build alongside a new Tesco's (to make funding easier) in Kirkby, but that fell through under pressure from the council and the fans who didn't want to move outside the city. 

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 12:43:11 PM »

You get minimum £40m for being in the PL.  They usually finish top half so quite a bit more in prize money also.  They don't have mega spending sprees, despite the odd big signing.  They sold a youth product for £27m in recent memory and also made a huge profit on the Klingon.  I'm pretty sure they have a (comparatively) reasonable wage structure.

They have spent money (£15m on Fellaini ffs!) but they were in major debt before selling Rooney I believe.
Their turnover isnt particularly high and their wage bill will smother most of that. Plus their stadium is not up to scratch and any investor would have to consider that. They need sizeable investment and as they're close to so many large clubs, its going to be hard to find somebody ambitious to take a chance on them.

All just my opinion of course.

Offline Fuse

• GM : 28.08.2015
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 12:54:42 PM »
I hope this isn't true as Everton are about as close to a similar size club as you can get to Villa. It is also worth thinking that without Randy we would be in exactly the same boat as them, in my opinion.

If a club the size of Everton can go into administration then every club is at risk of doing the same, aside from Man City and Chelsea under their current owners.

Online darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »
I hope they get out of it they are a club with tradition like ourselves.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 01:02:28 PM »
It is also worth thinking that without Randy we would be in exactly the same boat as them, in my opinion.

Really?  How so?  We never went into administration under Doug and I doubt we were going to either, you have to spend money for that.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 01:06:10 PM »
If a club the size of Everton can go into administration then every club is at risk of doing the same, aside from Man City and Chelsea under their current owners.

Not really. Arsenal are just about the best run and most profitable club in the world at the moment. Man Utd will never go into admin as there would just be too many potential buyers. Villa under Randy would never go into administration, firstly because he wouldn't allow it to get to that and secondly he has the money to ensure it doesn't happen. Spurs are also well run and have decent backing.
There are a few others too.

Everton are suffering by being neglected in an era of big money in football.
It's only because of PL prize money, modest sponsorship and the fact they are a big well supported club that they can stay afloat.
But even considering all that, I'm suprised if it's got as far as administration. But not amazed.
Just maintaining even an average premier league squad is outrageously expensive.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 01:09:47 PM »
It may go some way to explain why Spurs yesterday put a £500k offer in for Phil Neville.

Isn't it more likely that they just need back up defenders with their lack of defenders at the moment?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »
Can't see this happening - I hope so though, would cost them 9 points!
Bad man eastie but than as you are only 19 I don't expect  anything else :o

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »

They have spent money (£15m on Fellaini ffs!) but they were in major debt before selling Rooney I believe.
Their turnover isnt particularly high and their wage bill will smother most of that. Plus their stadium is not up to scratch and any investor would have to consider that. They need sizeable investment and as they're close to so many large clubs, its going to be hard to find somebody ambitious to take a chance on them.

They may be having difficulties in getting investment/a buyer, but that does not diminish they money they have coming in by being a PL club.  As I said, I doubt their wagebill is astronomical in comparison to some others, so even if that does swallow up by the entire PL money, which I don't think is the case, with the recent big sales and 30,000+ average gates they should be solvent.     

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
So, the rumour has appeared on more than one internet place...so that must make it the next best thing to true, musn't it? If it makes Newsnow then it'll be one step beyonf true.

Offline Risso

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 01:17:45 PM »
I've never understood why Everton have never been a target for one of the many buyouts that have happened up and down the country.  I know the ground isn't great, but they've got a good potential support, and a decent manager and squad.  Why would you go for the likes of Blues or Blackburn over Everton?

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »

....add on to that very little in the way of corparate hospitality (not something much of us like, but it brings in the cash).

I like Everton, I look forward to everytime we play them, lots of history between us. I hope they will be OK.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 01:24:39 PM »
I've never understood why Everton have never been a target for one of the many buyouts that have happened up and down the country.  I know the ground isn't great, but they've got a good potential support, and a decent manager and squad.  Why would you go for the likes of Blues or Blackburn over Everton?

I can only guess its a case of lots of intitial outlay and not much growth potential.
The guys at Blose and Blackburn are essentially gobshites trying to keep things ticking over. Everton would need a fair bit more than that.

Offline Risso

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »
That Robert Earl hasn't really done much for them has he?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal